test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Temporal Recruitment would be nice to see again!

ussenterniceussenternice Member Posts: 4 Arc User
Please!!! we need it asap again, i know there is bugs to be fixed but its taking soo long already...
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    Threads demanding this or that tend to get closed down.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    Veruca Saltiness is not allowed here.

It's ready when it's ready, and scheduled sometime after that.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    You'll get it when the rest of us get it. Cool your Warp Engines dude...

And as echatty said... demands tend to get shut down, so... here's your warning. I would suggest renaming your thread and changing the tone if you wish to discuss Temporal Recruit stuff... but if this is still up by tonight as is or darkblade decides to step in first... I'll close the demand thread.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    You'll get it when the rest of us get it. Cool your Warp Engines dude...

And as echatty said... demands tend to get shut down, so... here's your warning. I would suggest renaming your thread and changing the tone if you wish to discuss Temporal Recruit stuff... but if this is still up by tonight as is or darkblade decides to step in first... I'll close the demand thread.

I would like to demand something LOL
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    I have a list of demands 4 million miles long,
    I usually send in support tickets when i have to get voistrous over something and I stay somewhat reserved here.
    I for one cant wait for this to come but it is what it is.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    Having missed AoY recruitment by about a day or two I have been waiting almost five years for a rerun, another few months more or less is not a big issue to me.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    Also, they've been kind of working on a content release that happens in a few days. I kinda doubt they could or would launch a recruitment replay in the near future.
    edited May 2021
    The timeframe I heard was "late this year" which makes sense with the flow of releases being what it is, and if they can hook Spectres into it (which has by far the most TOS material of any after-current-time-arrival content) it would even be perfect for a Halloween/late fall event so they could kill two birds with one stone (an important consideration in these money-tight days).
  • hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    Supposedly, it's going to happen later this year, and a new Legendary Ship might appear alongside it (probably a Legendary Miranda).
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    I do support opening it back up for those who don't already have one.

I don't need one unless they open it to KDF and have different rewards. Otherwise I'll be happy to see others get theirs.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    I'm sure we will get it soon enough....gotta get that fillers so it takes us all year to complete the major grind event!
    Supposedly, it's going to happen later this year, and a new Legendary Ship might appear alongside it (probably a Legendary Miranda).

A Miranda? That is the wrong era if they want something to go with TOS, though it is closer than a DSC or (other) TNG ship would be I suppose. I doubt they would want to make a round engine TOS aesthetic version of it since it would be uncomfortably close (from an IP legality perspective) to the Ptolemy class from Franz Joseph or maybe a Loknar from FASA with the struts going down instead of up (or worse yet from a legal standpoint, the Magellan from Axanar).

Since they already did the Constitution and D7 ships as legendary there is not a lot of canon classes left to work with from TOS, though a good TOS-R one would be the Orion Intruder heavy scout from Journey to Babel, or maybe the Gorn one from Arena though the Gorn one is odd looking enough to probably be more of a c-store niche ship (personally I like it).
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User

A Miranda? That is the wrong era if they want something to go with TOS, though it is closer than a DSC or (other) TNG ship would be I suppose. I doubt they would want to make a round engine TOS aesthetic version of it since it would be uncomfortably close (from an IP legality perspective) to the Ptolemy class from Franz Joseph or maybe a Loknar from FASA with the struts going down instead of up (or worse yet from a legal standpoint, the Magellan from Axanar).

Since they already did the Constitution and D7 ships as legendary there is not a lot of canon classes left to work with from TOS, though a good TOS-R one would be the Orion Intruder heavy scout from Journey to Babel, or maybe the Gorn one from Arena though the Gorn one is odd looking enough to probably be more of a c-store niche ship (personally I like it).

They made a Discovery version of the Excelsior, so anything that they do, they'll do, even a TOS version of the Miranda.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User

If they were going to do a themed ship I'd think it would be Fed...but there isn't anything from TOS unless they can somehow use the old Dreadnought or design something new themselves

But honestly I don't see them making a ship for it
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    I demand a pony! One that farts rainbows!
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    My guess as to the timing of the Temporal Recruit return would be probably after the Summer event.

We'll have this new Klingon event for the better part of a month starting next week, taking us close to July. After that, they'll probably do the next tie-in event for the Mega-Event so that'll be 3 weeks putting us into mid to late July. Summer event might start up then and run thru mid to late August. That would leave a month for the Temporal Recruit rerun before getting into any Halloween themed stuff that may happen. Then of course in early December you have the Winter Event starting up which I guess could leave a second potential window in November, but they usually don't wanna do big content releases around the winter holidays. Also there would need to be at least 1 additional Mega-even tie-in this year so maybe THAT would be in November.

Eh, things will happen when they do. It's kinda fun speculating, but at the end of the day, only Cryptic know for sure when they want to run it.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
    edited May 2021

They made a Discovery version of the Excelsior, so anything that they do, they'll do, even a TOS version of the Miranda.

True, though the Repulse class has nothing that could get them sued over, like a round-engine pre-refit style Miranda possibly could because no one else has made anything like the Repulse, unlike the TOS style Miranda which it seems everyone and their dog, (along with the dog's fleas even), have done.

I didn't actually think there was any chance at all of the devs making the Intruder as a legendary ship when they haven't shown the slightest interest in making any of the TOS-R ships in any form let alone as a "Legendary", I just threw it out as an example of a ship that is both different enough to be interesting and that is also TOS, that could possibly fit as a third "legendary" TOS ship (though really only the Connie and D7 make any sense in that role).

I shudder to think what TFO will be put into action for the Temporal Recruit event. Okay, no, that's not true. I dread it. Because I'm aware of only two that fall in the appropriate timeframe, and I dislike both of them. But at least there'd be the option of ground or space. I guess....

You got me curious. One must be the Doomsday machine one where you drop the cores in front of it (I detest that one too btw), but what other TOS one do they have?
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User

You got me curious. One must be the Doomsday machine one where you drop the cores in front of it (I detest that one too btw), but what other TOS one do they have?

Miner Instabilities, ground queue.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,403 Arc User
    Or they could bring back Mine Trap.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
    I demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!! You'll have a philosopher's strike on your hands!!

A Legendary, linked to TOS... perhaps a Legendary Pioneer-class?
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    They could always go with one of those Kelvin timeline ships.
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
    edited May 2021
    khan5000 wrote: »
    They could always go with one of those Kelvin timeline ships.

That would be a bit iffy unless they did a TOS style conversion of one of the Kelvin ones to bring it more in line with the ships we know for sure were TOS timeline, or if they tied the Kelvin timeline into AoY as well as the normal one somehow.

Kelvin is a separate quantum timeline, there is no guarantee that even the "pre-split" Kelvin ships were anything like the ones in TOS's past since even one of the creators of the Kelvin stuff said that the changes rippled into its past (which is actually about right for a quantum divergence like that, though the real-world purpose was probably to make sure they didn't have conflicts between anything the post-viacom-split Paramount said about their past and anything CBS might decide to do).

A lot of things don't add up with the Kelvin ships for one thing, ENT showed that even Earth Starfleet stopped using plasma cannons about a century before and switched to phase cannons, yet Kelvin ships are shown using them in droves. It is hard to sell the idea that the Federation Starfleet was still using them for a century alongside phasers when phasers were supposed to be so superior way back on the NX-01.

On the other hand, their approximately twenty minutes from Earth to Vulcan travel time is way faster than anything even in TNG times except for slipstream and transwarp, and both the dialog about no ship can catch another in warp and the visuals of that "warp" in Into Darkness were in line with transwarp, not warp. So Kelvin tech level is screwy in both directions compared to all of the traditional Trek series.
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,774 Arc User
    who knows what they have planned this year's Temporal recruitment, we might get TOS Caitians because people on forums been demanding for them
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,843 Arc User
    Honestly? I don't WANT another character grind. we already had 2 inside a quarter. and while I enjoyed the remastered KDF episodes, the bop reward was a letdown, having the exact stats of the Kor, which I own (and have flown exclusively on that toon)
    Spock.jpg

• captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »

I don't need one unless they open it to KDF and have different rewards. Otherwise I'll be happy to see others get theirs.

I seem to recall Kael/Mike mentioning they'll add in KDF into it when they bring it back.

Considering they already have 23rd Century TOS assets from the original AoY tutorial, Starbase 13, Drozanna Station, and Nerada colony, most of the work is already done (unless they decided to 'remaster' them for today's computers/console). Of course, any new assets could be used for later tweaking if they rework the TOS Starfleet side of the coin.

It'd would be interesting to see the KDF side of AoY story arcs, such as how the honourable Captain Ba'vat became the dishounourable Ambassador Ba'vat. Maybe this would be a way to transition to the upcoming (if it's still coming, that is) Mirror Universe content (a la Admiral Leeta/Captain Killy), with Ambassador Ba'vat being Mirror Universe replacement/provocateur.

I'd love to see the TOS equivalent of the KDF bridge and ship layout for TOS KDF characters, which should be made available to players like the Constitution 2267.

I know that the KDF was, well, all Klingons in TOS, but I think for the game that at the very least Orions and possibly Gorn (maybe the Klingons are impressed by the lone Gorn who wanted to flex their muscles outside of the Hegemony). Nausicaans, maybe since they can be quite mercenarial. Definitely Ferasan, I forget what they were called in The Animated Series.

The lion mane introduced recently for the Ferasans and Caitians reminds me of the Caitian on TAS, so maybe they are both going to be added to the TOS version of Starfleet and KDF.

Anyways, I hope they don't restrict the TOS KDF to Klingons only. The Dominion/Jem'Hader mini-faction was short changed with only one species (and a variant), I'd hate to see a repeat going on with TOS KDF.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    In regards to the legendary ship, sure something from TOS would be IMHO (or at least TOS themed) would be nice but they've done pretty much all canon designs from TOS there are (as there weren't that many to begin with), so while technically 1 episode guest star might a legendary Wells-class be an option.
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,774 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »

I seem to recall Kael/Mike mentioning they'll add in KDF into it when they bring it back.

Considering they already have 23rd Century TOS assets from the original AoY tutorial, Starbase 13, Drozanna Station, and Nerada colony, most of the work is already done (unless they decided to 'remaster' them for today's computers/console). Of course, any new assets could be used for later tweaking if they rework the TOS Starfleet side of the coin.

It'd would be interesting to see the KDF side of AoY story arcs, such as how the honourable Captain Ba'vat became the dishounourable Ambassador Ba'vat. Maybe this would be a way to transition to the upcoming (if it's still coming, that is) Mirror Universe content (a la Admiral Leeta/Captain Killy), with Ambassador Ba'vat being Mirror Universe replacement/provocateur.

I'd love to see the TOS equivalent of the KDF bridge and ship layout for TOS KDF characters, which should be made available to players like the Constitution 2267.

I know that the KDF was, well, all Klingons in TOS, but I think for the game that at the very least Orions and possibly Gorn (maybe the Klingons are impressed by the lone Gorn who wanted to flex their muscles outside of the Hegemony). Nausicaans, maybe since they can be quite mercenarial. Definitely Ferasan, I forget what they were called in The Animated Series.

The lion mane introduced recently for the Ferasans and Caitians reminds me of the Caitian on TAS, so maybe they are both going to be added to the TOS version of Starfleet and KDF.

Anyways, I hope they don't restrict the TOS KDF to Klingons only. The Dominion/Jem'Hader mini-faction was short changed with only one species (and a variant), I'd hate to see a repeat going on with TOS KDF.

You mean the Kzinti, the original creator didn't want STO to use the name so instead they created the Ferasans, but considering that the Kzinti were mentioned in Picard, I guess Larry Niven and Star Trek are on good terms again.
This discussion has been closed.