test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sector Space travel is getting worst.

whiteknight1xwhiteknight1x Member Posts: 183 Arc User
I click on a planet and I end up going the wrong way. It seems more planets are being affected. Doing the tour planets I was able to click on now don't work. I hope the reason this hasn't been fix is because you are working on a new version of this game.
Tagged:

Comments

• eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,980 Arc User
    No issues for me, but in order to build a more accurate report to be escalated in house elaborate on your post. Does it only happen on one faction toon or multiple? Does it only occur in one Quadrant or all. Where does it happen the most, travelling from where to where. If you can supply a video of this happening, it will help build up a bigger picture, cos as I said at the beginning I have no issues.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    Could you please give more details, such as factions, planets, ect. In order to pass this up the chain faster we need as much information as possible.
    • factions affected
    • quadrant
    • how many characters affected
    • which planets this happens with (and please include which planets you're traveling from if at all possible)

Every little bit of detail we can get helps paint a picture of what's happening so the Bug Team can narrow down the cause. The more information we can get, the better.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • sofiarivas#5677 sofiarivas Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Could you please give more details, such as factions, planets, ect. In order to pass this up the chain faster we need as much information as possible.
    • factions affected
    • quadrant
    • which planets this happens with (and please include which planets you're traveling from if at all possible)

Every little bit of detail we can get helps paint a picture of what's happening so the Bug Team can narrow down the cause. The more information we can get, the better.

I have had this issue many times, it seems random, I'm not sure I can answer what you ask, however I did record it happening.

The ship moves off in a random direction and controls of the ship are messed up and in the video you can see the ship turning in circles, the only way I know to resolve this is to come to a complete stop, move the ship up and down, then replt the auto navigate target, I had just arrived at 'Orion' and plotted my next route to 'Risa' - See video link below...

Youtube Video - Auto Navigate Bug
  • sofiarivas#5677 sofiarivas Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    rattler2 wrote: »
    • factions affected
    • quadrant

I have had this happen many times, it seems random, the last time I recorded it, I had just arrived at 'Orion' and plotted my next course to 'Risa' - I lost all control of direction, the ship was continually turning to the left. I am federation and only have one character.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_V9oGWJz3Q
    Post edited by sofiarivas#5677 on
  • kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    This bug has been around since like May 2017. Here is the test results from 2018 by @frtoaster which describes it as best as can be described.

"Here's what I discovered when I tested this last year:

If you change the vertical angle of your ship before you auto-navigate, it will work correctly.

Sometimes, you can resolve the problem by auto-navigating to a different system first, stopping, and then auto-navigating to your intended destination. This doesn't always work.

These two points lead me to believe that the bug depends on the vertical angle of your destination relative to your ship. When you first enter sector space, your ship starts with a vertical angle of zero. If the vertical angle of your destination relative to your ship is also zero, or in other words, if your destination lies on the same horizontal plane as your ship, then auto-navigate will fail to turn the ship.

Most of the time, when auto-navigate fails, your ship will keep traveling at one-half speed in the same direction it was facing. Sometimes, if your heading is close to being correct, your ship will slow down to one-quarter speed as you approach your destination. Then, it will speed up to one-half again and fly straight pass your destination."
  • drycraeft#5841 drycraeft Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    Same but for me it's improved mostly but the auto-travel can still go the wrong way or clicking on a planet doesn't work at all and the my ship moves at full speed but it will just start bumping into other planets in it's path because obviously it didn't do what i told it to and travel automatically to the planet i clicked on lol or it does go the right way but it doesn't stop at the planets.