test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Remain Klingon...

strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11488023

So we see a new Klingon Mission is soon coming out along with a new TFO. What are everyone's thoughts about this ARC so far?
0zxlclk.png
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    I must say that my option about this TFO will depend on the mission before hand, while J'mpok personality was retconned a bit I don't mind it, I mean he was always a jerk who thought more about himself then what was good for Klingon Empire but just how big of a jerk he was got changed in this arc, that said I don't mind it.

There was always gonna be tension between UFP and the Klingon Empire due to how the war ended (essentially "we got bigger fish to fry at the moment") so Cryptic had to address that at some point and J'ula was a perfect way to do that seeing as she comes from the era where UFP and Klingon Empire had next to no contact with each other and thus wouldn't have the evolution of the Klingon psyche what make harder for people like Martok to call out J'mpok for his BS (they would be called "federation puppets" in-universe that is.) and the nature of the game is such that having 2 totally separate factions just isn't viable so having J'mpok or someone like him stay in power and keep the Klingon Empire at war with UFP just isn't viable either.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    strathkin wrote: »

So we see a new Klingon Mission is soon coming out along with a new TFO. What are everyone's thoughts about this ARC so far?

The arc and the missions have been a mixed bag for me. Some were nice and others were aggravating.
    That said i look forward to the last mission of the arc as i imagine some nice weapon set to be in there and as this arc closes the story can finally progress towards a new goal.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    questerius wrote: »

The arc and the missions have been a mixed bag for me. Some were nice and others were aggravating.
    That said i look forward to the last mission of the arc as i imagine some nice weapon set to be in there and as this arc closes the story can finally progress towards a new goal.

My thoughts exactly.
    Once I got over the bitter pill of the entire galaxy thinking my captain a terrorist (a completely unreasonable plot point) (not that my Reman Resistance captain is unfamiliar with being labeled a terrorist), the missions that followed were good. UNTIL we inhaled some magic Klingon grass and were transported to actual Hell to do battle with the devil and his minions to rescue the soul of a long dead princess, I mean Chancellor.

That being said, I sincerely hope this new TFO will offer something other than Disco marks because we have PLENTY of sources of Disco marks already.
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    Some missions are ok and some are annoying to the point of dreaded.
    I for one will be happy when this list of missions is complete and ended.
    I am somewhat dissapointed regarding some content that has / hasnt come out so this ending is a good thing for me.
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    While I could never stand J'mpok and couldn't wait to replace him with someone with a brain inside his head instead of cosmic emptiness, this entire arc for me is a disgrace that should never have happened.

That said, whatever this new STF will bring, I sincerely hope it will be just a "clean up job" so to speak, coming after a proper conclusion through the last episode of this poor excuse of story telling.
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
    so has anyone does this yet? why the last bit about doing that last mission before the tfo? what is needed or tied to them both??

Neither the TFO nor the mission have been released so only employees have beta tested (we assume).
    Just transferred a character to tribble and it is not available there either.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    garaffe wrote: »

My thoughts exactly.
    Once I got over the bitter pill of the entire galaxy thinking my captain a terrorist (a completely unreasonable plot point) (not that my Reman Resistance captain is unfamiliar with being labeled a terrorist), the missions that followed were good. UNTIL we inhaled some magic Klingon grass and were transported to actual Hell to do battle with the devil and his minions to rescue the soul of a long dead princess, I mean Chancellor.

That being said, I sincerely hope this new TFO will offer something other than Disco marks because we have PLENTY of sources of Disco marks already.

If you think that mission was hard for you, now imagine doing it in near-total darkness. I can't use Lighting 2.0 without overheating my video card (on most ground maps, not all), and without Lighting 2.0 that Grethor map is darker than six feet up a hog's TRIBBLE. I finished it, but not without exercising my French vocabulary to a rare extreme.

• strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    My Klingon toons really hope a far more sensible Chancellor is chosen.

Seems only the Federation or Romulan's have sensible leadership, it's time the Klingons found one as well.
    0zxlclk.png
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    All of my Klingon toons remain Klingon already. It is sort of a moot point anyway since they don't have race change tokens in this game... :D
    so has anyone does this yet? why the last bit about doing that last mission before the tfo? what is needed or tied to them both??

Neither the TFO nor the mission have been released so only employees have beta tested (we assume).
    Just transferred a character to tribble and it is not available there either.

well why even bother to post about it then? (not you, them...)

i asked since the link provided zero details of when etc.

just stooopid.

edit: i saw it just now in smaller details along the side...still dumb
    ;p

Lighting the fires.
    While no date has been mentioned, public announcements are usually two/three weeks in advance which matches the duration of the current Tholian event and the follow-up red alert event.
    Yea May 27th or so seems like a likely time it will release, or the week after.
    0zxlclk.png
  • warmonger360warmonger360 Member Posts: 524 Arc User

Seems only the Federation or Romulan's have sensible leadership, it's time the Klingons found one as well.

time to bring back Gowron
    WE SURVIVE!

aut vincere aut mori pro imperio
    either to conquer or to die for the Empire
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,774 Arc User
    It's been pretty good, I don't mind mine my RR Character being labeled as a terrorist, Romulans do have a reputation for stabbing lesser species in the back, however That Label hits differently with a Federation or KDF character, I hope we can arrest J'Ula, Personally I want a mission where we play as both Sela and J'Ula during a prison escape, only for Sela to turn on her, for a Klingon dying in prison is dishonorable but being shot in the back by the most Dishonorable Romulan while in a federation prison would be even worst fate for a Klingon.
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User

Time to bring back Donatra
  • sierra078sierra078 Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    According to the article the mission will be named “A Day Long Remembered” my first thought was "it has seen the end of Kenobi and will soon see the end of the Rebellion." then I realized I'm thinking about the wrong franchise...
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    it has seen the end of Jmpok and will soon see the end of the Civil War.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    What could make a relatively good twist is J'Ula gets to land the killing blow... and then it turns out J'mpok was an Undine all along and the real one is long dead.
    And Fek'lhr knew it as well and just baited J'Ula, knowing she could never fulfill her part of the deal and would end up in Gre'thor anyway for that.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
    That would certainly explain some of his strange behavior, but Klingons traditionally usually found a way to detect the Undine. Unless he found some way to avoid detection no one anticipated...
    0zxlclk.png
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    That would certainly explain some of his strange behavior, but Klingons traditionally usually found a way to detect the Undine. Unless he found some way to avoid detection no one anticipated...
    The best way to avoid tests: "I'm the Chancellor, f**k you!"
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
    I was surprised to hear a 4 GB update today, maybe the Klingon Civil War be starting this Tuesday or Thursday, and not next week? I guess we'll have to wait to find out...
    0zxlclk.png
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    They said "soon" and the current event ends on the 25th which is next Tuesday so it's possible that if all go according to plan the new Episode and TFO will be released then, don't quote me on that though, I got no insider sources just my speculations.
    I was surprised to hear a 4 GB update today, maybe the Klingon Civil War be starting this Tuesday or Thursday, and not next week? I guess we'll have to wait to find out...

Only about 2GB for me, but that might be because i updated tribble earlier this week.
    Either way, time will tell when it is released.
  • warmonger360warmonger360 Member Posts: 524 Arc User

Time to bring back Donatra

wrong empire
    WE SURVIVE!

aut vincere aut mori pro imperio
    either to conquer or to die for the Empire
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    garaffe wrote: »

My thoughts exactly.

If you think that mission was hard for you, now imagine doing it in near-total darkness. I can't use Lighting 2.0 without overheating my video card (on most ground maps, not all), and without Lighting 2.0 that Grethor map is darker than six feet up a hog's TRIBBLE. I finished it, but not without exercising my French vocabulary to a rare extreme.

just out of curiosity, couldn't you use those flares from one of the episodes? I think some ev suits have built in lights, too
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    I run “Lighting 1.0” too. If you turn up the bloom slider all the way, it fixes the darkness problem.

DS9 looked like a closet for 9 months before I found out about this—now it is a well-lit closet!

Try it out, Chastity.
    Timer now shows a little over 6 days for release.
This discussion has been closed.