test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Well shoot

2»

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    valoreah wrote: »
    Why would you need to worry about "scammers" if you are buying a ship from the exchange?

With inflation from Admiralty and a lack of EC sinks, promo pack ships are going over the current exchange limit. Lock box ships were still OK the last I checked so that doesn't apply to Book's ship.

Besides trying to come up with EC sinks the exchange limit needs to be raised again.

Raising the EC limit on the Exchange isn't going to solve anything other than give a reason to raise prices more. We need a viable sink. Probably time for STO to impliment a service fee on the Exchange like other games do for their auction houses. Seller still gets the majority of the posted price, but the Exchange takes a percentage.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,386 Arc User
    Why would you need to worry about "scammers" if you are buying a ship from the exchange?

With inflation from Admiralty and a lack of EC sinks, promo pack ships are going over the current exchange limit. Lock box ships were still OK the last I checked so that doesn't apply to Book's ship.

Besides trying to come up with EC sinks the exchange limit needs to be raised again.
    Lockbox ships were OK, but not by much these days, and if they happen to be from an older lockbox, they tend to get even rarer and thus more expensive, if not unavailable altogether. If the ship you're looking for is older than the Borg lockbox, good luck finding even a few that are around 950M.

Lobi ships are still fine and near the usual prices, though.

#TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User

So if I have a promo pack ship I do not want, I cannot post it for sale on the exchange? I understand many do not sell their promo ships on the exchange preferring to sell them privately via channels, but I do not believe that is true of everyone.

All raising the exchange limit would do is raise prices even further in my opinion. If the posting limit were set to 5 billion, people would still sell stuff off exchange for 6 billion or more.

The last time the cap was raised, the effect was to move promo pack ships back into the exchange, when before they only sold through private trading. Exchange supply went from -0- to plentiful, and those listing on the exchange were forced to compete directly against each other on price.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    The last time the cap was raised, the effect was to move promo pack ships back into the exchange, when before they only sold through private trading. Exchange supply went from -0- to plentiful, and those listing on the exchange were forced to compete directly against each other on price.

In my experience there is a whole lot more EC in the game now than there was before. Nothing will prevent whales with cargo holds filled with EC from buying up promo ships and selling them above the new exchange limit.

The per-character EC cap will limit them to doing that once per character.
This discussion has been closed.