test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Autofire turn off and on

whiteknight1xwhiteknight1x Member Posts: 183 Arc User
Hi, I was hoping that you could redo the Auto fire for both space and ground. Just want a simple off and on switch. There are times of the game where you have to interact with something while in combat so currently there is no easy way to turn off auto fire. Your option for space is very limited if you want to turn off it has to be when your Target's been killed but then I got to remember to click autofire on again. The whole point of Auto fire is to keep firing until I tell it not to. The same for ground. I personally think the person who's working on the Auto fire feature for the game is overthinking it. Just want one button to turn it on and turn it off.

Comments

• whiteknight1xwhiteknight1x Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    These don't work the way I describe.
  • whiteknight1xwhiteknight1x Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    So, either something is wrong with my game or we are having a failure to communicate. ;)
    • Toggle, target change cancels: Auto Fire stops when target is kill. Does not attack next target. I have to active it again to resume attack. I can't cancels attack at will.
    • Toggle, non-combat: Stops attacking when not in combat. I can't cancels attack at will.
    • Toggle, never cancel and Maintain Auto Attack: Both of these seems to act the same. Just keeps firing. I can't cancels attack at will.
    I want to be able start and stop attacking at will. Like you said a on/off switch. Doesn't matter if I am in combat or not. I am talking about space but would like the same ability on ground too. Hopefully it's a setting I am missing or a file I just need to edit.

Thanks
  • widde84widde84 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I might understand this wrong, but if you want to cancel in mid firing cycle that's not possible. As far as I know, the weapons will finish its current cycle before canceling. Where beams have 3 shots in a cycle, cannons have 4 or 6?, and heavy cannons have 2 or 3?... so no matter what setting they will finish its cycle.
    "Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood."
    - Marie Curie