test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Severe clipping errors on Costitution interiors

theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
edited October 2017 in Graphical and Sound Issues
First off: Thanks for fixing the dialogue boxes so that the correct NPCs gets show again when talked too :)

On to the problem:

2lt0kk0.jpg

That bug arrived about the same time the dialogue boxes broke. Its not just the mess hall its in every room but the bridge. Also its not exclusive to the player owned c. interior; its also on the constitution interior from foundry missions. Its only on NPCs which are supposed to be sitting on a chair.

Comments

• Options
    Sadly the bug still exists. Some might say it is just visual but that is the whole point of spending money on an interior: Visuals.
  • Options
    Erm, maybe becasue it is not a specific issue of the constitution. It happens in many many many many bridges... lol. So my advise.. get used to it.

If thats how you deal with premium macrotransactions that break in their main function 3 months after purchase then its sad but ok, your free to handle it in such a way.

Whats even sadder though is that I do believe that being the unspoken but official cryptic stance.

But since I stopped buying stuff and only fire up STO once in a blue moon (and then usually quit the moment I encounter another ever-bug like the above) I can say I got kind of used to it.
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    that bug seems to be an issue with the collision on the 23c chairs (as in they either got none or it's set way too low).
  • Options
    If thats how you deal with premium macrotransactions that break in their main function 3 months after purchase then its sad but ok, your free to handle it in such a way.

Its not about microtransactions. When you played for 7 years you know how things work and how cryptic works. These glitches have been around for years and years, and its a common thing. Thats why im telling you get used to it, because you are never going to see it fixed. Graphic glitches are the last in the list if they are EVER fixed. Im not telling you anything new.

As long as they want the big bucks for stuff like that I do not want to get used to them not keeping them in shape. It has nothing to do with me knowing for years that Cryptic absolutely loathes with every fiber of their being fixing stuff which is not currently the main seller (and even then its only grudgingly); its about reporting an error on stuff that broke which I paid for and me not caring that they would hate fixing it.

Although that was the mindset months ago; at the moment I'm leaning more into not caring much at all (I mean why should I; often it feels like they don't care about the game either unless its about stuff from a +/- 2 to 3 weeks timeframe and maximizing monetization?). I do lurk around to keep in touch and at some point might even give it another serious try; Cryptic did delivered some awesome surprises in the past after all.
  • Options
    Im not saying you shouldnt report, making bug reports is always a good thing. Im just telling you what can you expect, nothing more.

All I can see when I close my eyes ;)

Well... I tried.
  • Options
    Oh my did I was cranky after some time back then... oO

*sigh* Well... Bug still persist though. If Admin/Dev wants a new screenshot I can deliver of course.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    While I'm not really convinced it will do anything some ppl apparently are and urged me to up the screens regardless. I present you the STO Philadelphia Experiment:

screenshot-2021-02-12-19-38-19.jpg

screenshot-2021-02-12-19-38-48.jpg

screenshot-2021-02-12-19-40-38.jpg

screenshot-2021-02-12-19-42-14.jpg

See the sadness in his face and say you don't care:
    screenshot-2021-02-12-19-40-50.jpg

Apparently its spreading; having observed a Romulan couple doing the same on a bench in front of the Exchange on the First City. Supportive protesters? ;)
  • Options
    And while I'm at it: There are still only three of my BOFFs present on the bridge; the rest are placeholders (but thankfully not called template anymore).

Buying a ship interior is buying a visual experience/expansion. Its the only validation it has; there are no other reasons to spend money on this. Thus such bugs are not merely minor; they are bugs in the core concept of what ppl spend money on.
  • Options
    fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    Add to that there is a section of wall frame missing that surrounds the landing bay doors. Oh that reminds me, you can walk out the wall and land in deep space.
  • Options
    jackson900pwejackson900pwe Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    Add to that there is a section of wall frame missing that surrounds the landing bay doors. Oh that reminds me, you can walk out the wall and land in deep space.

Yup I can confirm I've seen that on the Constitution and there's also a door on the crew deck in the corridor on the way to Sick Bay where the outer edges of the door on the left and right side of it are missing.