test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ship Shields Permanently Down and Full Impulse Disabled

esgard#6547 esgard Member Posts: 2 Arc User
This post comes after making two in-game bug reports. I was advised after the first bug report to also post on the forums.

I have a character afflicted with two serious issues. The first began after one of the patches. I can't recall which one but since then my ship shields for that character are permanently down. This issue only affects that one character, a TOS Fed character and not any of my others. The issue has persisted after logging out and logging back in and even after doing a fresh install with Arc (I have used Epic Games as launched via Steam).

At first I thought it was just a visual glitch but when I switched to another ship with far less hull, I noticed that no, I really didn't have any shields. This is a screenshot showing the in-game stats stating that I do not have shields:

uc?id=1u5oZVmmsClPDirNUAl2C-hmLQvFmUazI

After switching back to a ship with more hull, a new issue suddenly started. I can now no long go to Full Impulse. Again, it only affects this one character and has persisted with a fresh install and after having logged in and out. Indeed, I can still go to Transwarp in Sector Space with this affected character, so it isn't that the button is totally non-responsive. I couldn't go to Full Impulse through using either the Keybind or the FullImpulseToggle console command (I don't recall the exact wording). Maybe my Full Impulse speed for that ship has also been set to zero?

Fortunately, when I switched ships again I found that Full Impulse is only disabled for that one ship (a Legendary Dreadnought Cruiser), so I can try to dismiss the ship and replace it to see if that solves the Full Impulse issue, or just use a different ship for the time being.

I wonder if the save data for this character has been corrupted in some way.

Comments

• esgard#6547 esgard Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Fixed my own problem. It looks like somehow a gameplay bug removed my engine, even without my loadout having changed but dropping in another impulse engine fixed that. Dropping in another shield fixed the shielding issue, which appears to have been caused by some bug causing a vanity shield to replace my actual shields, even though before the visuals had properly stacked on top of the actual shield.