test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Calling all Bill Nye Science guys.. advice please

nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,259 Arc User
Short and sweet.. for an EPG build Delayed overload cascade or Subspace vortex @ the same rank?
u7acy6aymfw7.gif
We Need BERETS in the tailor
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    Cascade will hit considerably harder, but also scatter targets if they survive it - especially if you have points in Control.
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    Vortex if you are focusing on DoTs/hazzards.
    Cascade if you are focusing on exotic crits.
  • aftulusaftulus Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    What about using a pull ability that is stronger than it so it can be used without them moving as much? If needed reduce the timers so they are the same. Not sure what abilities would work.
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    Don't call Bill Nye, call Dr. Heinz D, for all your science needs sure to take over the TRI SYSTEM AREA!

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    aftulus wrote: »
    What about using a pull ability that is stronger than it so it can be used without them moving as much? If needed reduce the timers so they are the same. Not sure what abilities would work.

As West said, anything you do to increase pull of grav well or other such abilities would also increase the push of DOC.

That is why I say that DOC is better for a exotic crit build: pull them in with grav well and then hit them with a massive barrage of crits from DOC to effectively 1-hit the whole group.

I wish the trait from the Sphere Builder Science ship affected DOC to eliminate the push effect.
  • voodoopokeyvoodoopokey Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    nixie50 wrote: »
    Short and sweet.. for an EPG build Delayed overload cascade or Subspace vortex @ the same rank?

Unless you're doing "To Hell With Honor" I'd say Subspace Vortex, as it is shield-bypassing kinetic damage. Delayed Overload Cascade is much larger kinetic damage, but it does not have any shield bypass that I'm aware of, which means it is massively reduced by shields and then scatters your targets all over the place, which your teammates will love.
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,843 Arc User
    What's the cold one? best served cold? or is it Cold in space? I'd do that with GW vortex
    Spock.jpg

This discussion has been closed.