test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Will the "Premium" ships from the big event be account unlocked?

renata666renata666 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
Does anyone know? The description says "**Contents of this pack will be bound to account upon opening."
You can look at that two ways. EIther it unlocks account wide, or you can trade it to another character before opening the specific ship.

Does anyone know for sure how this will work?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    They said many times, is one ship, only one, that you can give to the char you want, once.. it's like opening the promo or infinity boxes, the only difference is that you cant sell it on the exchange, but the mechanics remain the same.
    Post edited by gaevsman on
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    They've said several times now that it's only giving you one single ship. The pack itself binds to account when you claim it, meaning it can't be listed on the exchange like a normal pack could. You're only getting a single ship for a single toon.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    nope like they said, one toon one ship which is why three separate grinds were a hard pass for me
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    UNopened ship pack = account bound = transferrable between characters.

OPENED ship pack = bound to character that opens it.

And you will only be able to claim the original UNopened ship pack (1) time.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    It'd be great if they would change the description to be crystal clear, as the way they put it is indeed confusing (made clear by quite a few questions regarding the prize).
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    Yes, basically anything that clarifies that the initial box can be moved to the account bank, but once opened it is one ship that cannot be reclaimed.

The terms 'account bound' and 'account unlock' (the latter for C-Store) are really unlucky in that regard, as plenty of people, especially those not too familiar with all the rules and terms, will confuse them.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    > @westmetals said:
    > Yes... BUT.... when you claim the prize from the event, it's an account-bound box... you can move it (via acct bank) to the captain of your choice before opening it.

It's a mess in other parts of the game as well. Just like you get some ships right away, some in a box. Some in a account bound box that turns into a character bound choice box, with others it's the other way around.

Since there are no unified and clear rules they could just write two sentences more to make things clear.
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    > @westmetals said:
    > Yes... BUT.... when you claim the prize from the event, it's an account-bound box... you can move it (via acct bank) to the captain of your choice before opening it.

It's a mess in other parts of the game as well. Just like you get some ships right away, some in a box. Some in a account bound box that turns into a character bound choice box, with others it's the other way around.

Since there are no unified and clear rules they could just write two sentences more to make things clear.

This is absolutely the problem.

They have made the system so convoluted to start with that it's almost impossible to give less then a paragraph of description that won't be confusing. All this ambiguity is because there is no unified method of delivering prize content, it varies depending on what it is, when you won it, and from what source.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • livinlifejb90#4082 livinlifejb90 Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    I think the problem also is there not much logic around not being able to move items around our characters freely. "Bound to character" just shouldn't exist imo
    gQytlm7.jpg
    I think the problem also is there not much logic around not being able to move items around our characters freely. "Bound to character" just shouldn't exist imo

Also completely agreed.

A lot could be clarified and unified by removing the archaic 'Bound to Character' rules.
    > @seaofsorrows said:
    > Also completely agreed.
    >
    > A lot could be clarified and unified by removing the archaic 'Bound to Character' rules.

There are even 'account bound' and 'character bound' items of the same type, depending at which point you got it. You can have 'account bound' lockbox weapons, but if you got them prior to a change they made the same weapon is 'character bound'.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    angrytarg wrote: »
    > @seaofsorrows said:
    > Also completely agreed.
    >
    > A lot could be clarified and unified by removing the archaic 'Bound to Character' rules.

There are even 'account bound' and 'character bound' items of the same type, depending at which point you got it. You can have 'account bound' lockbox weapons, but if you got them prior to a change they made the same weapon is 'character bound'.

Indeed, it's quite a mess.

It's no wonder that not only new players but even long time Veterans have a hard time knowing exactly what rules apply to what.
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    yup a 3 time grind for 1 ship.. I'm with @Nixie50 .. taking a grind-cation
    Spock.jpg

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    yup a 3 time grind for 1 ship.. I'm with @Nixie50 .. taking a grind-cation

For those who don't have all the C-Store ships they want already, the 2 x 100% off C-Store tokens is a nice reward.
This discussion has been closed.