test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Where are the Reman Senate Robes?

claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
Whatever happend to the Reman Senate Robes?
I seem to recall a while ago seeing Reman Senate Robes in the Foundry back when we still had that.
They were robes that looked like the Romulan Robes, but in a similar style to the Reman Nemesis outfit, and I recall someone telling me that Remans had those as a special unlock from the Fleet Embassy.

So during this round of Delta Recruits I made a female Reman Science Officer and joined the KDF, and today I went to the Embassy to collect the robes to have some more costume options, and to my surprise there wasn't any Reman Robes, only the Romulan ones.

Whatever happend to the Reman Senate Robes? Where they ever available? Or am I just remembering wrong?
"Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,774 Arc User
    Must be a NPC only option, NPCs get all the best stuff, maybe it'll come with Romulan Nemesis uniforms during Year of the Romulan.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
    Are the Remans letting their high-ranking politicians command starships? Because this game's player characters are people who command starships.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    claudiusdk wrote: »
    Whatever happend to the Reman Senate Robes?
    I seem to recall a while ago seeing Reman Senate Robes in the Foundry back when we still had that.
    They were robes that looked like the Romulan Robes, but in a similar style to the Reman Nemesis outfit, and I recall someone telling me that Remans had those as a special unlock from the Fleet Embassy.

So during this round of Delta Recruits I made a female Reman Science Officer and joined the KDF, and today I went to the Embassy to collect the robes to have some more costume options, and to my surprise there wasn't any Reman Robes, only the Romulan ones.

Whatever happend to the Reman Senate Robes? Where they ever available? Or am I just remembering wrong?

I have not heard of Reman Senate Robes.

What I would like is for them to fix all the issues with uniforms on Remans, add the Reman Resistance outfit, and make it so we can explore the city on NR, including the Remans' dungeon.

I am glad to see another person making a Reman character.
  • claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    im not seeing anything on wiki. the rom senate are there, but not reman.
    garaffe wrote: »
    I have not heard of Reman Senate Robes.
    Must be a NPC only option, NPCs get all the best stuff, maybe it'll come with Romulan Nemesis uniforms during Year of the Romulan.

Might have been a foundry only thing.
    But was more wondering if other older Reman players had seen it ingame for players. Or foundry users had seen it in there.
    edited May 2021
    The real question is why don't players have access to it then? Since it looked like it should be available for reman players as an alternative option for them.
  • hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    The real question is why don't players have access to it then? Since it looked like it should be available for reman players as an alternative option for them.

For the same reason many NPC stuff haven't been made available to players; a combination of coding time, quality, and so forth. More or less what the staff had said in the past.

- Couldn't just unlock Tailor for full Race and Faction-specific attires because the majority of parts are low-quality/low-poly and old designs, and they don't have the team needed to really go through and update them all. Many combinations result in more egregious clipping (than most current accessible costumes/outfits), according to those who were able to access glitched Tailors.

- Byzantine Coding; they admitted some years ago that NPC attire had some funny attributes, as each one was basically a "body part" with wireframe movement that wasn't quite the same as that of the player character body, so those who were able to glitch the Tailor for full customization access sometimes had funny movements when doing something like newer emotes or running.

Considering the endgame is literally Trek Barbie, and skins are always popular no matter the game, I don't get why they can't systematically go through and update Race-specific attires for full unlocks, and then sell them for Lobi and Z-Store purchase. It's not like asking to create generic waifu catgirls (still see a few of those around; having been saved from a glitched Tailor), just racial attire that NPCs of a certain species already use.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User

For the same reason many NPC stuff haven't been made available to players; a combination of coding time, quality, and so forth. More or less what the staff had said in the past.

- Couldn't just unlock Tailor for full Race and Faction-specific attires because the majority of parts are low-quality/low-poly and old designs, and they don't have the team needed to really go through and update them all. Many combinations result in more egregious clipping (than most current accessible costumes/outfits), according to those who were able to access glitched Tailors.

- Byzantine Coding; they admitted some years ago that NPC attire had some funny attributes, as each one was basically a "body part" with wireframe movement that wasn't quite the same as that of the player character body, so those who were able to glitch the Tailor for full customization access sometimes had funny movements when doing something like newer emotes or running.

Considering the endgame is literally Trek Barbie, and skins are always popular no matter the game, I don't get why they can't systematically go through and update Race-specific attires for full unlocks, and then sell them for Lobi and Z-Store purchase. It's not like asking to create generic waifu catgirls (still see a few of those around; having been saved from a glitched Tailor), just racial attire that NPCs of a certain species already use.

I'm guessing making those NPC only outfits usable for players might involve recreating them from scratch and as much as it's joked that "space barbie is the true end game" I doubt that many players would be interested in having the ship and mission teams be fired or be repurposed to just do outfits and nothing else.

Also there's been talks of updating the base humanoid model all playable races use so Cryptic could also be holding back some outfits that they wouldn't have double update them in case that model update demands updating the outfits as well.
    Even if its "Space Barbie The Game", I am still playing to win that game since I want my characters to look the best.

But its weird that there aren't even NPCs in the game walking around using this outfit, it was only available in the foundry's NPC maker/tailor options.

And while searching to see if anyone else remembers it, or better yet had a screenshot of it, I found another person asking about it back in 2017 on Reddit... Was honestly kinda starting to get afraid it was something I had dreamt up since its been a while ago the foundry was a thing now, but I know I had used that outfit in some foundry missions with Remans in them.
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,205 Arc User
    Its less likely an npc only thing, and more likely they just haven't been released yet.

There's an addition style for the Maco, Honor Guard, and Omega force outfits you could view in the foundry but has yet to be released to the players, and from what I've seen of the devs there's a good chance they forgot about them
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    westx211 wrote: »
    Its less likely an npc only thing, and more likely they just haven't been released yet.

There's an addition style for the Maco, Honor Guard, and Omega force outfits you could view in the foundry but has yet to be released to the players, and from what I've seen of the devs there's a good chance they forgot about them
    Could also be a case of having been planned to be released but plans changed (that's what happened with those additional Omega Rep outfits IIRC), though it still doesn't mean the devs didn't forget about them when there was a window they could have been released.
This discussion has been closed.