test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

No Credit for Azure Nebula Rescue TFO if you only shut down tractor beams

captlipmancaptlipman Member Posts: 10 Arc User
I entered a bug for this and was asked to also enter it here.
I did the Azure Neb Rescue TFO as the first step doing the Event campaign. I full participated. I shut down many many tractor beams but when it completed I received no credit at all for the event and also had had an AFK penalty applied after the event.

It was explained that the AFK penalty is placed on players that join a Task Force Operations mission but does not help with completing the objectives. So it looks like if you just free the ships by disabling the tractor beams the system does not count that as helping with completing the objectives.

Hope this is looked at in the future since it is part of the current "Event".

So bottom line, kill at least 1 ship even if you free many ships.

Good hunting

Comments

• Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    I too love people like you as I can destroy the ships fast but then have problems interacting with the tractor beams. By the time I have managed to get 1 beam done someone else could have done 4+. The AFK system often does more harm then go. It often doesn't do anything to the real AFKers but it stops the people who want to do pure team work over DPS. The AFK system was why I abandon my pure team work build.
  • Options
    fltcaptalanfltcaptalan Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    Glad it isn't just me, had the same thing happen to me today, and we had a really good run, had several Scimitars spawn in, and I saw squat, except a nice AFK penalty, for running around helping the others knock down the tractor beams,