test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Make ALL and ANY premium ships available at LOBI store for a limited Time please

mikewallace#2209 mikewallace Member Posts: 106 Arc User
Since this just happened:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11487783-a-limited-time-to-control-time!

Can we make ALL R&D and lockboxes ships available in the Lobi store? Will this be a norm now? Can now we get the Temporal Light Cruiser [T6] – Connie?

I assume this will follow in future events right?
I remember people paying over a billion EC credits for these and would be great to get them now just by using lobi? right?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    For as long as they keep on increasing the number of ships to choose from in the promo event ship reward choice packs such ideas become more and more reasonable to counter the exploding exchange prices.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    Can now we get the Temporal Light Cruiser [T6] – Connie?

No. No connies, D7s, other hero ships.

What we'll get once in a great while is one ship that is no longer driving pack or lock box sales.

That's still better than nothing, and it increases the value of the lobi consolation prize from opening packs and boxes.

• kaggert27kaggert27 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    I agree this needs to happen more often for random sells maybe?
    Side Note: I'm still salty they have never changed one of the Spec seats on the Annorax to Temporal, considering at this point in the game, it should be addressed. They can leave the Main Tactical Specialization as Intel if they want and keep it such---would make sense with the concept of the ship would perform analysis of what it will delete from existence in the time stream. But for love of god change the secondary Lieutenant Universal/Intel to Temporal. Though I would like the Lieutenant Commander Universal be Temporal instead.
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    I mean, it's nice that they're adding in a Lobi sink. Should put more of them on the market and make them more accessible to people. I still find it funny that the Annorax and Paradox don't atleast have a version with temporal seating..
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    At minimum i wouldn't expect any of the Promo Connies to make it to the Lobi store until after the current meta-event "2021 Event Campaign" that spans this year is over. Too many players could end up buying cheap ones (whether Exchange or Lobi Store) instead of grinding to get their Connie in this metric padding event. After that event, still pretty doubtful they would, but higher chance than now.
  • mikewallace#2209 mikewallace Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    Wonder what led up to this decision from Cryptic?

I guess people stopped spending on ships or even those in the exchange?

I remember the time when the Jem Hadar was the first lock box ship being offered and they mentioned it would always be limited to a boxed ship forever....then a couple of year later they made it as as part of the Phoenix pack to reveal the improved Jemmie T6 of these days.
    Are older R&D and lockboxes prize ships now going to be featured as limited time sales in the lobi store?
    Seems that way but it cheapens the concept of WHY having it on a R&D/lockbox ship.
    Anyways, they have done this before and there is already certainly a precedent.
    Perhaps another coincidence also with the Event Campaign to get a free ship later this year. It only costs 960 lobi rather than a gazillion EC :D
  • kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    I couldn't BELIEVE that news story. A promotion pack ship and the Annorax at that in the LOBI STORE? Wow. I mean, I'm not complaining if they do that for some of the other ships I'd love to have, but it's a real kick in the teeth to people who paid and gambled so much to get one.
    edited May 2021
    kayajay wrote: »
    I couldn't BELIEVE that news story. A promotion pack ship and the Annorax at that in the LOBI STORE? Wow. I mean, I'm not complaining if they do that for some of the other ships I'd love to have, but it's a real kick in the teeth to people who paid and gambled so much to get one.

No more than the legendary bundles or the meta-event for a free promo token.

I paid zen for several T1-T5 ships that are now 90% cheaper for single character unlocks. I used to pay EC to use the tailor. I used to have to grind events on every character for single-character unlocks, and some of those items now just cost phoenix tokens.

Things getting cheaper or easier is good for everyone, not a kick in the teeth. The only people with a legitimate gripe are those who got a promo pack Annorax in say the last 30 days. It's probable that Cryptic picked the Annorax in part because their metrics showed not many people were choosing in from packs.
  • kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User

No more than the legendary bundles or the meta-event for a free promo token.

I paid zen for several T1-T5 ships that are now 90% cheaper for single character unlocks. I used to pay EC to use the tailor. I used to have to grind events on every character for single-character unlocks, and some of those items now just cost phoenix tokens.

Things getting cheaper or easier is good for everyone, not a kick in the teeth. The only people with a legitimate gripe are those who got a promo pack Annorax in say the last 30 days. It's probable that Cryptic picked the Annorax in part because their metrics showed not many people were choosing in from packs.

This is OT, but about the Annorax. Do you remember the Krenim Science Vessel reward ship? The Annorax has the [Console - Universal - Temporal Distortion Field] and for a long time, that console said that it could be slotted on ANY Krenim ship, but it wouldn't go on. They've changed it saying it can only go on the Annorax, but I remember thinking that was so cheeky and also peculiar, with the Zahl, Nihydron and Krenim crossovers.
    This is OT, but about the Annorax. Do you remember the Krenim Science Vessel reward ship? The Annorax has the [Console - Universal - Temporal Distortion Field] and for a long time, that console said that it could be slotted on ANY Krenim ship, but it wouldn't go on. They've changed it saying it can only go on the Annorax, but I remember thinking that was so cheeky and also peculiar, with the Zahl, Nihydron and Krenim crossovers.

It is annoying when Crpytic takes the lazy way out like that. "We don't want to fix this, so let's pretend it's working as intended"
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,390 Arc User
    edited May 2021

It is annoying when Crpytic takes the lazy way out like that. "We don't want to fix this, so let's pretend it's working as intended"
    *Obligatory T'ress reminder (the Romulan Doff from the Doff appreciation weekend that was never included because they forgot to spawn the contact, despite having the Doff card ready)*
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Ah, yes. T'Ress Maintenance Doff from Commander Rojal for the Junior Officers Appreciation Weekend Event in the New Romulus Command.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/8j590a/have_you_seen_me/
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
This discussion has been closed.