test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Secure Transmission from Adet'pa ... Captains be alert

eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• cirran1cirran1 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    This is also posted on their facebook page.

Cirran
  • xceptionalzeroxceptionalzero Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    17 disconnects so far. Is this in fact a stress test??
  • xceptionalzeroxceptionalzero Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    update: it hit the time..nothing happened. All that happend was AA broke for everyone. My gfx card fans are spinning up like crazy.(but dont on holodeck).
    I really suspect this was stress test of new code...we have been tempted in by a non-existent event.

I came here for a shootout, a proper shootout with some proper men. Like Colonel Custer and Geronimo.
    A shootout, right, is a shootout. Like a western.
    Embarrasing. Waste of my time. waste of my time.
  • kurtronkurtron Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    17 disconnects so far. Is this in fact a stress test??

Looks like it. There's nothing else happening in or around ESD on Tribble right now
  • kurtronkurtron Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    Yea, turns out the event was hopping instances.
    Actually, once you found it, it's a pretty fun event. Lots of targs, dinosaurs, and disconnects.
    The space invasion really reminded me of how much I miss the old Starbase 24
  • eladonwarps#6040 eladonwarps Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    Still happening, I believe. Saw only the space battle, so many dreads, and they spawn camp you. Clearly a heavy load right now, but this could be very interesting once it cleans up on Holodeck.
    Call me "El," she/her only. I love my wife and I don't care who knows it!
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    Still happening, I believe. Saw only the space battle, so many dreads, and they spawn camp you. Clearly a heavy load right now, but this could be very interesting once it cleans up on Holodeck.

Likely only going to be on tribble. It says they're testing new code, which is what Tribble is normally used for. They could be planning something big.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2021
    eazzie wrote: »

Despite the Actor's claim there's more Adet'pa in our future, seems it's not possible at least in part for my Captains. I disbanded her cause they gave her way too early, I saw a sword and got Adepa instead which I shouldn't have gotten. Now that I got Maurauding 4 done, she hasn't been able to be claimed for any or most of my toons except my Recruit.

Still hopefully she will find a way back to my Captain's ships, she's been a trusted Advisor and Aid in helping fight the Klingon Chancelor who seems to have gone mad? Attacking Earth Space Dock, of your allies? Utterly bold even for him, after he first attacks his own people? I think he's gone insane.

Seems he's going to miss out on Stovokor. :'(

Hopefully the Klingons choose a new Chancelor who is deserving as the Civil War concludes.
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,644 Arc User
    I'm curious as to an after event report? How did player's do against the onslaught? :)
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    I actually work when these things pop...

So I miss out...
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2021
    I heard it was going on in different instances at different times, I wasn't able to join though and not sure what they were testing, except perhaps some Red Alert styled threat that can appear (sometimes) in System Space of some (pre-identified) systems at Random times.

Regardless I'm looking forward to concluding the Klingon Civil War, and seeing a new Chancelor installed as well. Perhaps one more similar to Quinn &/or D'Tan, who gets along with other Leaders of the Alliance.
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User

Getting spawn camped by Klingons at random on holodeck would certainly add a lot of spontaneity to the game. This is going to be refreshing... something new and very interesting indeed. Thumbs up to the people working on this and to those who took the time to help test it :+1:
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Presumably it was a test for how much keech and nonsense they can put on screen before the latest geriatric hamster falls off the wheel (or the player is suitably indoctrinated into gambleboxing via subliminal messages hidden within the visual junk obliterating the viewscreen.)
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    Live events are always a special treat.
  • warmonger360warmonger360 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    kurtron wrote: »
    Yea, turns out the event was hopping instances.
    Actually, once you found it, it's a pretty fun event. Lots of targs, dinosaurs, and disconnects.
    The space invasion really reminded me of how much I miss the old Starbase 24

wish that would return, starbase 24
    WE SURVIVE!

aut vincere aut mori pro imperio
    either to conquer or to die for the Empire
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    I know I switched instances till I found the ground combat and beamed right into the middle of the targ swarm.
    Never had any fun kept dying cause they surrounded me with 0 chance to fight back.
    NOT FUN!
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    I heard it was a stress test.
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    It was fun. About 100 level 99 Klingon dreadnoughts warped into earth orbit. Players had to organize themselves, group up and destroy them one by one in order to stand a chance. It was laggy, but enjoyable. I wish this kind of invasion scenarios were part of the actual game - in a way players could avoid them if they wanted to, of course.
This discussion has been closed.