test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Legendary KDF Captain Bundle

kylefubarkylefubar Member Posts: 34 Arc User
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11485963-the-legendary-kdf-captain-bundle

on pc its 50% off on xbox 35% off total bs.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    You know that's last month, right? Date of post was 25 March, not 25 April... I'm relatively certain the sale has expired...

What was it you considered bs anyway?

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    kylefubar wrote: »
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11485963-the-legendary-kdf-captain-bundle

on pc its 50% off on xbox 35% off total bs.

Kael said there's something happening on Tuesday, something he can't reveal at this time, that they feel makes up for the price difference. Imo it's probably a Zen sale, but that means everyone who already has the Zen gets screwed over. The only other possibility I can think of is a store-wide 15% sale that for some reason stacked with the bundle sale, but that seems very unlikely as it would make more sense to just make the bundle 50% off and exempt it from the wider sale.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • kylefubarkylefubar Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    the link in the post was a reference to the sale on pc. the sale is 50% off the sale on xbox is 35% .
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    but that means everyone who already has the Zen gets screwed over.

Only if they did not buy during a previous zen sale.

If discounts matter to people they need to buy zen on sale and hold it, then wait for the items they want to be on sale so they get the stacked discount.

If someone is too impatient to do that, they have themselves to blame not Cryptic.
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    I'm so confused... There is no sale currently on PC...
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    Answer is supply and demand where as the Console has the healthier rate so they will not always get the sale percentages or dilithium events the PC gets. Basically the answer for this is simple because on PC you have to make ways for people to generate the currency that people are trying to buy with real money because if you do not the whole economy will implode on itself. So they have to restock that supply of dilithium before they can move forward in selling more content. The positive way to look at it is they aren't blindly devaluing the dilithium rate of console players so it is a good thing.

As far as the ships I liked the Legendary D7 but being I have no interest whatsoever in the ambassador, have few feds maybe one would use an excelsior, and then b'rel and vor'cha is the only two I might think about. However the stats were intentional because you've got upcoming ships like books ship and then whatever is coming out for lockboxes have to look better for the dps people. Mostly I am interested in the b'rel and vor'cha and the vor'cha is pretty decent you just have to know how to play to the strengths they have given it. However the b'rel has that issue of no 5th weapon slot in the front and the opportunity they had to make a chang experimental weapon that could take the place of firing a torp that would work even cloaked with the EBC would have been enough with a cost reduction for me to want that pack. So my 2 cents is add the chang torp and drop the price or at the very very least have them like the D7 where you can get it with just one at the very minimum or the epic token vendor I could use something to spend mine on since you can't buy what you already have unlocked.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2021
    crm14916 wrote: »
    I'm so confused... There is no sale currently on PC...

PC: April 1st, 2021
    Xbox One and PlayStation 4: April 29th, 2021

For PC it already happened, for console it's just on.

I think it has something to do with Consoles Stores, and how they don't like some of the larger sale prices as it cuts into their margins.

The OP is upset that they get a different Price than what PC users received, some &/or part of that is on the Console stores. *sigh*
    0zxlclk.png
  • dragonturtletimmydragonturtletimmy Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    One factor (not the sole reason) of it is having to pay Sony and Microsoft need be paid their cuts of the income from the console platforms. Don't remember where I saw it mentioned but is the percentage of income from the console formats needed to be paid to Sony and Microsoft are both at 15%?

PC does not have another company that they must give a cut of the money to.
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    the link in the post was a reference to the sale on pc. the sale is 50% off the sale on xbox is 35% .

then buy a pc.

there are always differences in what PC and consoles get.

Give us another example of something that is priced differently between PC and Console for the exact same contents? Lifetime sub does not count because they are different.
    One factor (not the sole reason) of it is having to pay Sony and Microsoft need be paid their cuts of the income from the console platforms. Don't remember where I saw it mentioned but is the percentage of income from the console formats needed to be paid to Sony and Microsoft are both at 15%?

If that is true, why now? Why is this bundle the only one to have different initial sale prices on Console?

Whatever the reason for the price difference, my guess is that they will add some extra fluff to the bundle to try to justify the lower sale price.
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    garaffe wrote: »

then buy a pc.

there are always differences in what PC and consoles get.

Give us another example of something that is priced differently between PC and Console for the exact same contents? Lifetime sub does not count because they are different.

If that is true, why now? Why is this bundle the only one to have different initial sale prices on Console?

Whatever the reason for the price difference, my guess is that they will add some extra fluff to the bundle to try to justify the lower sale price.

i said differences. i didnt say monetary alone was it. and yes, one can include a life sub as it costs money, just as a bundle does.
    i also dont work for any company that has a stake in decisions and choices as such. and lastly, i dont care. i dont play consoles, and the only time i mentioned any difference from console and PC was when will PC get the flaming sword....and that was a time ago. but now we have it. aside from that, i have never cared if console gets something PC doesnt, when they get an update, and the list goes on.

as for why now? ask cryptic (send them an email, cuz you know the CM or any employee wont answer it here) or ask the parent companies of the consoles. no one here can answer it with 100% certainty. could it have been a typo? sure. could it be they want to make more money from console players? sure. could it be as others have said that consoles incur a percentage of the sale? sure. could it have more fluff? sure.

im not certain what you wanted in reply, or if you expected a different answer, but there ya go.

I am simply pointing out that your statement that "there are always differences in what PC and consoles get" is categorically false. For the most part, we get the exact same missions, events, ships, sales, etc. The only difference is usually when we get it, not what we get.

Kael has already stated that the lower initial sale is not a typo, but he did not elaborate any further. This thread is simply player speculation on what we can expect tomorrow as Cryptic's reason for the lower sale price.
This discussion has been closed.