test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Reman BOFFs

garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
Why are they so rare and hard to come by? There are a few ways to get Reman BOFFs:
1. DOFFs recruitment mission (I have only ever seen it once in many years of playing this game)
2. Level up rewards (I have taken at least 7 Romulan or Reman captains to level 65, and have only gotten to choose a Reman BOFF twice)
3. Veril
4. C-store (Lib Borg Tac, Mudd's Sci, Legendary T'liss).

My main issue is with the first two ways to get BOFFs, because it seems that getting Remans these ways is so rare, it borders on the mythical. I see no reason why Cryptic should not make the following adjustments:
1. Increase the rate at which the Reman recruitment DOFF assignment spawns on NR to be comparable to the Romulan recruitment assignments.
2. For each level up BOFF mission, make at least one of the BOFFs to choose from guaranteed to be a Reman.

Two simple and easy adjustments that would make getting Reman BOFFs not akin to the quest for the Holy Grail.

Comments

• banuniquenamesbanuniquenames Member Posts: 1 New User
    Remans are a rarity all around. Just look at the Romulan Tutorial (Virinat Colony) which has absolutely no Reman non-player characters. Playing a Reman and running through the Romulan Tutorial is traumatizing.
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    Yeah was kind of a let down that basically all characters that are not Reman or a Klingon recruit are substandard in comparison just because of a boff with that superior infiltrator trait. From what I could see that boff and the doff the recruit gets are basically left out of the account wide rewards. Although I suspect this is all done on purpose being that they intentionally made the legendary b'rel weaker than the m'chla and books ship and the vor'cha is just a qugh/gagarin meme in comparison.

I'm sure they could add a cave or something where all the remans hang out in the tutorial and then you run out calling for Bill the Reman but you can't find him because the Elachi kidnapped him. Then you can assist the Romulan farmers by telepathically talking to the crops to make them grow faster and tell them its an emergency that they grow faster so they can be eaten.
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    Remans are a rarity all around. Just look at the Romulan Tutorial (Virinat Colony) which has absolutely no Reman non-player characters. Playing a Reman and running through the Romulan Tutorial is traumatizing.

That is due to the long history of enslavement of the Remans by the Romulans. After Hobus, Remans were concentrated in several colonies, the most notable was Crateris and Delta Corvi. Although Delta Corvi was supposed to be a Reman colony, Cryptic in their infinite wisedom filled the ground map where you are rescuing colonists with Romulans.