test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Experiencing Sound/ Audio Bugs or Issues? Post about them in here!

1234568»

Comments

• sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    I wonder if the problem is not Star Trek Online causing the problem of you and the person above you having no sound. What OS do you have? Have you uninstalled/ disabled the audio drivers and then updated them? I wish there was a screenshot showing the problem. It is hard to visualize it happening. I have no sound problems in this game so cannot figure out how people are having these problems. I am not denying that there is a problem. Have you also uninstalled Arc and then reinstalled it? Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • nrobbiecnrobbiec Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    Double playing or just older dialogue of otherwise removed characters is still a very common issue and hasn't been addressed or fixed in what, nearly 2 years? Not even a "we're aware of the problem" it doesn't show up in known issues of patch notes.
  • xenderzenxenderzen Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    When I choose a different output other than what Windows has set as a default, the game will not remember that setting or use that setting.

An example; Windows 10 OS is set to use my speakers, the game is set to use my headset. There are three issues, the first issue is that the game will not output to the headset if I change to that output in game. The second issue is that if I change Windows 10 OS to that output, it will then start outputting to whatever new device I chose in Windows 10, no matter what output has been chosen in the game. The third issue is that it will keep whatever device I chose for as long as I play the game, but when I close the game and then open it again, the output device will have changed from the setting I chose before quitting the game, if what I chose was anything other than what the Windows 10 OS has set as the default audio device.
    "...just because your paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you."
  • karleya09karleya09 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    Advanced Phasers for Disco Connie is dead silent since the latest patch (no sound effect)
    hwRjIGn.gif
  • fullmetalpanda#2676 fullmetalpanda Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    After today's update (2021-06-01) all sound cuts out after the beam in sound after selecting a character. I hear the beam sound, then maybe a second of the ambient map sounds, then silence. In options, the correct audio device is selected, but even changing this has no effect. Restarting the game did not fix it. Sounds worked fine before, nothing has changed on my end.
  • hebdahebda Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    I have tested this by using my headphones and monitor. Setting my monitor in Windows as the default output device and setting my headphones in game as the output device. When set this way, the Victory is Life cinematic audio goes to my monitor instead of my headphones and when the cinematic cuts back to the game, then the game sounds return to my headphones.

I have a work around for it, which is to just switch the default Windows sound device to my headphones, but then that defeats the purpose of using the in game audio output selection. I'm just curious why this is happening. I'm guessing that the cinematics use a different embedded program within STO to handle audio outputs, like Bink Video or something. It doesn't make sense that this would be the case though, as it would mean that if you used the in game audio output selection and set it to a device, but left the Windows default output device set to a different device, then whenever a cinematic played, you wouldn't hear the sound of the cinematic because it was playing on your Windows default device instead of the device that you selected in game.

Any thoughts on this? Is this a bug or do I have to constantly switch my Windows output device back and forth?
    “In the strict scientific sense we all feed on death…..even vegetarians.” – Spock
  • darkwing228darkwing228 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    In the new mission The Calling, Female inquisitors appear to use the male voice modulator lines rather than the female ones used every other time.
  • mystarlite#1876 mystarlite Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    Since the patch whenever i log in my USB headset disconnects a minute or so after and then the Output device changes to Unknown and the list stays empty. Going to have to play without sound.

ovbz39ci7sit.png
  • lamergaroth25lamergaroth25 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hello. I have such a problem. Before this 4gb patch, everything was working fine for me, and now it happened that on the map where the ship is in warp, I can't hear sounds on some ships and on some it skips for a while, it works for a while, it doesn't work. I checked if something I don't have a sound card but it seems to be fine so I don't know what to do with it. Thanks for any help
  • ussenterniceussenternice Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    i want to report a problem regarding using dolby atmos for headphones on windows 10 giving weird audio cracks and sound issues mainly in space. ground haven't noticed that much.
  • dannyk5478dannyk5478 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Since the Refractions update, all Interface related audio is completely gone. I've reinstalled the game, reset audio to default, and changed audio devices/channels.
  • mark#1633 mark Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Since last patch, got no ground weapons fire sound
  • spacehermitspacehermit Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    Intermittent breaks in sound and eventual crashes. Windows 11. No problems in any other programs. Have force verified and even re-installed. Still a problem. Ticket opened.
  • fatmanbobfatmanbob Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    > @Archived Post said:
    > Went to DS9 tonight to get some new gear. Beaming down to DS9 starts playing this super loud grinding noise.
    >
    > I turned off ALL sounds in game, it's still there. The minute I beam off DS9, no problems.
    >
    > Using a Razer Megaldon headset, works fine in Ventrilo, Skype, every other game I play.
    >
    > Help?

I currently play on xbox series s, for years there have been audio and graphical bugs, specifically in missions on foot and they have never, to my knowledge been addressed.
    For me when on various, on foot, missions and tfos i will get an irritating popping sound every few seconds for the entire mission, in some instances the graphics will also pop in and out randomly all around the levels, these bugs make me want to completely avoid ground missions on xbox and they still have not been fixed.

As a side not i also sold an item for just under 20 million ec..... only catch is that the guy got the item but i didnt get the ec so now im down 20mil and a really good duty officer....
  • fatmanbobfatmanbob Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    > @fatmanbob said:
    > > @Archived Post said:
    > > Went to DS9 tonight to get some new gear. Beaming down to DS9 starts playing this super loud grinding noise.
    > >
    > > I turned off ALL sounds in game, it's still there. The minute I beam off DS9, no problems.
    > >
    > > Using a Razer Megaldon headset, works fine in Ventrilo, Skype, every other game I play.
    > >
    > > Help?
    >
    > I currently play on xbox series s, for years there have been audio and graphical bugs, specifically in missions on foot and they have never, to my knowledge been addressed.
    > For me when on various, on foot, missions and tfos i will get an irritating popping sound every few seconds for the entire mission, in some instances the graphics will also pop in and out randomly all around the levels, these bugs make me want to completely avoid ground missions on xbox and they still have not been fixed.
    >
    > As a side not i also sold an item for just under 20 million ec..... only catch is that the guy got the item but i didnt get the ec so now im down 20mil and a really good duty officer....

Oh also, there is a bug right now on console causing people to get timed out after every cew missions which is very annoying and no its nothing to do with my connection, everyone ive asked is also experiencing this issue and its only on this game.
  • omega4790#7378 omega4790 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Anybody on console having issues that now our phaser-ground weapons have no audio anymore? They don't make a sound!
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    Anybody on console having issues that now our phaser-ground weapons have no audio anymore? They don't make a sound!

This was an issue on PC recently, but has since been addressed. Please, post a bug report in the appropriate subforum. Thank you. Necro /thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.