test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Command Book's Frigate!

2»

Comments

• meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    Frigate? I mean you can look through the front window and see two chairs. This thing is about the size and shape of a minivan.

And now I suddenly see the Spaceballs winnebago flash before my eyes. "We brake for nobody!" Doing Transformers is a bit childish for Trek anyway (I'm not a 12-year-old kid drooling over a car turning into a robot and/or over Megan Fox).

And I'm already getting upset, seeing that this one really needs a unique bridge, as you can literally look right into it, but realizibg the powers that be will still have found a lame excuse not to implement it.

Honestly? Hard pass for me.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Umm...isn't this ship suppose to be the size of a large shuttle?!? Ugly ship is ugly aside...this thing is scaled all wrong it looks like to make it into a ship instead of a shuttle so they can monetize it more. The few people who are a fan if this ship may not be too happy about them messing up the scaling.

Yeah, this ship fits comfortably in Discovery’s shuttle bay.. it’s a tiny ship, crew of 2-5 tops. It’s a silly ship to add to the game in the first place, it just doesn’t fit game wise.

I guess I could see them doing this if the ship was just in so high of demand that they couldn’t pass up the chance to monetize it, but that’s not the case here at all. It’s pretty much a ship no one wants that doesn’t fit with the game due to it’s size.. but they made it anyway.

Meanwhile, they won’t make other ships like the Nova or Romulan ships because they won’t spend time making ships that won’t sell. Beautiful. :lol:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • rimmarierimmarie Member Posts: 418 Arc User
    I don't really dig the way it looks
    but I liked the interior of this ship.

but like meimeitoo said, it probably won't have the unique interior.

which is a shame. They could have even put Grudge in it (that totally would have sold me)
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    All smaller canon ships seem to be utterly massive in STO and the only one that directly acknowledged this was the D4x, as it's explicitly said in its description and even the name that it's a bigger version of the original canon design. The rest don't even do that. That's why I keep calling them the "<insert ship name>-XL"

Also, I can't wait for the inevitable mess when bugs start messing with the moving parts.

Also, absolutely no trait or console effect linked to Grudge is a missed opportunity. Something like a trait where a big floofy cat has a chance to jump on and lie on one of your consoles, causing several accidental temporary beneficial effects and a disadvantage could have been nice and funny, like "Oh, the queen accidentally managed to give us both a BO and HY, that's coo... oh TRIBBLE, our shields are now down and we're about to warp for 3 km forwards".
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    At least the 32nd Century ships are a way for the Cryptic ship design crew to try out new mechanics for the ships.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,430 Arc User
    JJ Abrams says to steal the RIGHT stuff, how could Kurtzman think combining Star Wars with Transformers is the right thing for Star Trek?

Triple-facepalm.jpeg?1460050987
  • c3b0c3b0 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    they are doing their levelbest at cryptic , to make sure sto never leaves the "Android phase", wich just means its a bad pay to win cashgrab of a game best developed on android
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,382 Arc User
    c3b0 wrote: »
    they are doing their levelbest at cryptic , to make sure sto never leaves the "Android phase", wich just means its a bad pay to win cashgrab of a game best developed on android

Star Trek Online is free-to-play and not pay-to-win. If you want Book's frigate, so be it. If you do not want Book's frigate and/or any of the Discovery ships from Season 3, so be it.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • fewzzfewzz Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    Fix your game first, its sad to see you let it get so rundown these days, all my loadouts are blank once again, i simply havent the energy to do them anymore.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,963 Arc User
    fewzz wrote: »
    Fix your game first, its sad to see you let it get so rundown these days, all my loadouts are blank once again, i simply havent the energy to do them anymore.

Raise a support ticket on the forum then. Remember the devs are working from home so things are likely to slide during this time. In fact all concerned has done a more than remarkable job at keeping things going.
  • ragingloliragingloli Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    Not only is that thing ugly and should be hauled away as garbage, but that whole "dissassemble to quickly face backwards" does not make any sense, as it would be far faster, and not compromise structural integrity, to just rotate the ship 180° along its long axis.
  • hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    I wonder if this was just one of the other ship models CBS unloaded on Cryptic, and Cryptic is just working in some novelty ships that aren't worth a dedicated Lockbox, after all, this one came out just as quickly as the Jovian, and both feature a bit of a gimmick transformation system but neither have any real high-value stats, traits, or consoles to really want.

That said, I'm expecting more 32nd Century Disco stuff to be arriving, either as part of a Temporal Agent rerun, featuring 32nd Century ships with alternate 25th Century hulls, similar to the AoY Temporal Ships, or as the main Lockbox/Lobi/Promo ship for most of 2021.