Install Arc

THOLAIN TROUBLE *Time Check?*

truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 928 Arc User
5/4 @ 8AM PT . 5/35 @ 10AM PT

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    It's on the launcher, where it also says - just like this title - "Tholain" instead of "Tholian".
    The blog isn't correct, either, seeing that it state that Sela's ship is the "flagship of the Romulan Republic"... so, all in all there's not a single announcement that doesn't contain some mistake, but I'm not even surprised by this point.
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    I forget whether one past blog used February 31 or June 31.

Cryptic "roofpreading" is top-notch. Top. Notch.
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    Don't forget "Year of the Klinon"
  • hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    aaci5btagcw61.png

They fixed the date, but still haven't fixed the misspelling.

DrvmPHO.png
  • truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    Don't forget "Year of the Klinon"

I miss that!!! LOL!!!

52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    If this was a rare thing.. it would be funny.

Given how typical this is.. it’s just sad.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2021
    I'm still hoping for the Month of the Trilll short season, when we go back to Trilll home world and visit the beautiful home world they have.

Even if it was based on the (future Trilll) Planet shown in the 32nd, but instead in the 25th. I mean then at least we may see a few planets updated perhaps. :open_mouth:

I have two Trilll and they'd love to visit their home world. ;)

The Fereckni however I don't think care, only worry about GPL, why they don't encourage visitors.

(Temporal Anomaly) - Though it would be nice to see the Ferengi create a Starport in Orbit (Fleet Commerce Authority) to contribute to the Alliance cause, as the Fed's, KDF, and Romulan's have each done. Or maybe the Dominion might since it's just too much GPL for the Ferengi to waist.

Regardless, I'm really excited about seeing the end to the Klingon War hopefully it will conclude soon, then Summer is on before we perhaps see an update in late Aug / early Sept more focused on Fed stuff--though we've only heard a bit.
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    Tholain is correct. We will be fighting Emperor Gustavus Tholain and his minions.

'...fought Dix... remember when Richard Dix came in here and tried to take over this town? Well, we didn't give up then, and by gum, we're not going to give up now!'

'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    Tholains are obviously close friends with the klinons.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Whu nads spollin wen yuv prupheshnals en shorje.

Good thing that the endorians aren't small teddybears or disney would be out for blood.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    aaci5btagcw61.png

They fixed the date, but still haven't fixed the misspelling.

DrvmPHO.png

STO Dev Team: "So, we have to add a "Tholian Leader" named 'Tholain' in the Azure Nebula Rescue TFO to cover the typo in the launcher graphic? What - no one in Marketing can spend 5 minutes to fix the typo using Photoshop?"

Cryptic Marketing Team: "Our photoshop guy is already buried head deep in making typo ridden marketing graphics for Magic Legends - he's not much of a multi-tasker....; so yeah..."
    ;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    edited May 2021

and allies of the Kardassians.

since I didn't do the first round I get to take a break on this one as well. not grinding for a console.. nope nuh uh
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    nixie50 wrote: »

and allies of the Kardassians.

since I didn't do the first round I get to take a break on this one as well. not grinding for a console.. nope nuh uh

Keep in mind that it's part of the grind for a free promo pack ship. You still have time to finish the meta-event campaign to earn that if you start now.
This discussion has been closed.