test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

📢 The Reddit/Twitter dev tracker thread 📢

Comments

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    allow dark or rattler to be the main CM for the forums.

Dark and Rattler are not CMs, they are volunteer mods. They have mod powers and more direct methods of contacting Kael than we do, but otherwise they are normal forum users just like you and me. They are not CMs, and they do not get paid.

i know they are. my point was to move them into his role in the forums and remove him from them.

That would just make a bad problem worse.

Forum Moderators and CM are entirely different positions, CM is a paid position, he's an employee of Cryptic Studios. You can't just put a volunteer moderator into his role even if that person was qualified for the job.

The only fix to the problem is exactly what people have been asking for, and that's a new CM. One that actually does his job and interacts with the community, one that doesn't require everyone to have twitter just to have a voice, one that can actually spend 1-2 minutes making sure posts are accurate.. keeping Kael in his position and offloading some of his tasks to others is just rewarding him for incompetency.

He's a poorly performing employee, he should be replaced. No point in dancing around it.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    I'm not even sure what the "Console Captains" are supposedly upset about.

The Legendary D7 Bundle is only getting a 35% introductory discount on console instead of the 50% discount we had on PC.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    kurtron wrote: »
    jcsww wrote: »
    I don't think literacy skills are on the re-engineering list. :P

:hushed:
    I think they can. The only thing that`s exempt from that one is `communication`, which has a hard-coded 2.5% (proc) chance of activating.

Can we request that it's not working as intended and needs a buff?
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    The problem is that any other employee would've been fired long ago... and while I do agree that I do not like people losing their job, if they aren't doing their job then yes, they should be fired.
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,390 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    Speaking of the CM:
    Can you spot the problem here?
    2021-04-29%2022_46_06-News%20_%20Star%20Trek%20Online%20_%20Arc%20Games.png?raw=1

Hint: check the time interval and names.
    Post edited by saurializard on
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
    Have I missed something? Who's Fero? O.o
    kv1Ohsx.png

- quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    The problem is that any other employee would've been fired long ago... and while I do agree that I do not like people losing their job, if they aren't doing their job then yes, they should be fired.

I 100% agree!
    Oh boy, our CM keeps delivering, from the upcoming Tholian event blog:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11487723
    you'll now be assisted by the I.R.W. Leahval—the flagship of the Romulan Republic.
    For those who aren't familiar with the basic lore yet: https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/I.R.W._Leahval
    #TASforSTO
    Yup, saw that immediately when reading the news.
    As I said in another thread, I supposed the Lleiset is the new flagship of the Empire, then, with Jarok as Empress.
    kv1Ohsx.png

• captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Have I missed something? Who's Fero? O.o

I forget the name of the Europe's CM, could this be Fero?
    We have a CM? O.o
    kv1Ohsx.png

• evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2021

"Beautiful Bag of Mostly Water - makes Gems & Precious Stones" from Rocks & Crates, posted a few updates!

╘ love to see the white (center roof) rather than white, being tan to break up a lot of white on upper panels / roof.

╘ the grey panel, next to transporter (far right) looks stunning, love to see a bit more of that.

Think it looks wonderful. <3

I'd really love to see a 'little' more of the light brown/tan colors in (some) of the upper as described, or more of the grey (panels) shown next to transporter. Perhaps also adding in some subtle Starfleet blue's with others on a few Information panels every so often.

It still is really looking amazing, as a few have commented to him directly on Twitter. :)

I love the blue carpet, and the red edges feels really Starfleet.
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
    It's really starting to come together.
    0zxlclk.png
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,112 Arc User
    The color scheme screams "This is a Hospital..." to me. I never liked the TNG beige either but yeah every time I look at these WRT their current default color scheme, I feel that my character would be wearing scrubs before being allowed to walk into them... :)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
    edited May 2021
    He's got a hard job, as everyone has there own style or design they like.

I do think the white is a bit over used, why I said I'd like to see a little more beige or tan's balanced with grey's higher up, perhaps like a bit more of the grey next to the transporter panel. :)

Even be nice to see a bit more Starfleet blue's introduced as Accent colors to a few panels; yet it designed for the lower grey panels below the leather, to be LCARS Information Panels to be added in later.

Still it's a work in progress, and I think he's making some great progress.
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
    #TASforSTO
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    I really dig that transporter pad.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,112 Arc User
    I really dig that transporter pad.

It's actually very Abrams/Kutrzman Discovery era-esque.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    It's truly sad that the only updates we get are on artwork.

Not trashing the artwork, mind, but there's serious bugs that are being reported and met with dead silence. For example, the inability to use Destabilizing Resonance Beam manuals, which as far as I can tell affects all Federation and allied captains and has been the subject of a thread for over two years, and connects with the Delta Recruitment Event as the episode that rewards the manuals is part of the Iconian War arc; yet nobody other than me has posted in the thread in over a month.

All I got from Support - weeks ago - was a "thanks for your patience". That patience is long since worn out and I would really like to be able to actually use these things.... someday.... but there is not even confirmation that the issue has been passed on to or is known to the programmers.

To be fair, unless they have a very strange organization artwork and coding are probably separate departments, and they are down at least one coder who went to Magic: Legends and they may not have replaced her (and possibly others) yet. With all the bugs they really should expand the coding department a little instead of just bringing it back up to recent pre-Magic levels, but it is what it is, annoying as it can be.

Seems there was another stream / update done today.
    0zxlclk.png