test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

not happy with you...

i dont like it when a dev ,or a rep of a company gives me a date,and you miss that date.yet say not a thing....
you said the d7 was out on console on the 29th...today is the 29th...guess what you changed it to the 4th without telling anyone...
last time you did this i was ready to buy a lifetime...guess what spend that money elsewhere.
now i have 5 days to decide if the purcahse of my 60th ship is necessary.
grat job at keeping us informed.

Comments

• Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    Your title could reflect the subject of your post and be less vague, you know.

As for your statement, there could be any number of reasons why they pushed the release of the D7 to the fourth. I wouldn't even begin to guess, but they have the right to do that.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    On PC, Cryptic can do whatever they want including releasing patches every day.

On console, every client patch has to be scheduled with and approved by Microsoft and Sony.

If they discover a problem after a patch has been approved, they have to schedule a new patch and get it approved before they can fix things.

Cryptic wants your money. They had no reason to delay availability just to annoy you. They will add the D7 as soon as they can.
  • Options
    nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    well I'm not happy with you for not bringing donuts... so THERE
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Unfortunately, they could only get it to D6.85 by the 29th. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Cryptic does not have anyone that relays this information to the public, this is just something you’re going to have to get used to. They are not big on relaying information to the player base, maybe one day we will have a Community Manager to do that job, but for now we don’t.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    warmonger360warmonger360 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    nixie50 wrote: »
    well I'm not happy with you for not bringing donuts... so THERE

and where's the PIZza
    WE SURVIVE!

aut vincere aut mori pro imperio
    either to conquer or to die for the Empire
  • Options
    ussvaliant2#1952 ussvaliant2 Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    Cryptic has major problems with dates and communication. They will always be the bridesmaid and never the bride.
    https://i.imgur.com/r6F7yxj.jpeg
  • Options
    jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    Cryptic does not have anyone that relays this information to the public, this is just something you’re going to have to get used to. They are not big on relaying information to the player base, maybe one day we will have a Community Manager to do that job, but for now we don’t.

And when he does remember to actually communicate something, it's usually riddled with typos and mistakes.
    Just take a look at the latest news about the upcoming event:
    As you're rescuing Romulan ships from the Tholian web-bases, you'll now be assisted by the I.R.W. Leahval—the flagship of the Romulan Republic. But be careful, because during the fighting, more Tholian reinforcements will show up to hunt you down!
    Right. I suppose then that Tiaru Jarok is the new Empress and the R.R.W. Lleiset is the flagship of the Romulan Star Empire!
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • Options
    jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User

And when he does remember to actually communicate something, it's usually riddled with typos and mistakes.
    Just take a look at the latest news about the upcoming event:
    As you're rescuing Romulan ships from the Tholian web-bases, you'll now be assisted by the I.R.W. Leahval—the flagship of the Romulan Republic. But be careful, because during the fighting, more Tholian reinforcements will show up to hunt you down!
    Right. I suppose then that Tiaru Jarok is the new Empress and the R.R.W. Lleiset is the flagship of the Romulan Star Empire!

you forgot about cross faction piloting now. :)

/sarcasmoff

ROFL, you're right! I forgot :lol:
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • Options
    chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    I'm still not clear about which one was Sela and which was Donatra
  • Options
    poddlipoddli Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    The D7 release date was moved to celebrate an iconic date in the movie franchise we all know and love. May the Fourth be with you.
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    sometimes things happen folks. when dealing with console they must get things approved with their partners Microsoft and Sony. they're not going to just hold something back to annoy one guy. they don't like it anymore than you do when they have to delay things. anyways this rant thread is /closed
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.