test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Second Contact Idea

paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,776 Arc User
if Cryptic did a story arc based on the LD idea of Second Contact would you do it and what planet would you pick to revisit from any of the shows? my vote is that Gangster planet from TOS.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    Honestly months ago I suggested I'd also love to see a few new missions also going to planets we previously visited, and showing perhaps how they changed or evolved. This was in part inspired by the Lower Deck's idea of 2nd Contact.

It be great to go back to planets previously in great conflict, perhaps now asking for Alliance Aid to remove Raiders, Pirates, or the Orion Syndicate or something.

I'd give this a thumbs up.
    0zxlclk.png
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,713 Community Moderator
    As long as it's done in a way that doesn't seem forced and such I would say bring it on. Would want to know more about prospective entries before I gave my personal yay or nay for what it's worth. just my thoughts.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    You know it would lovely if we got a short story "arc" that was just random second contact missions or similar lower tier stakes missions, after the Klingon Civil War arc is done. Give us something that's not in such a grand scale so that next big story arc would feel as grand as it should. So it would make narrative sense, after all if the stakes are always high, it will never feel like they're as truly as high as the story tells us, while if we got missions we could safely "fail" without the game ending the missions with grander scale have more impact.

It could be made to make sense for all factions, Klingon Empire would have to build after the Civil War so getting trade deals for resources would be major priority for them, also building confidence among their allies that KDF wouldn't just randomly attack them because the chancellor needed compensation for his lack of manhood, the Dominion and Romulan Republic would want to make deals as well for their own reasons and Starfleet, well it's kind of their thing to do these missions.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,386 Arc User
    if Cryptic did a story arc based on the LD idea of Second Contact would you do it and what planet would you pick to revisit from any of the shows? my vote is that Gangster planet from TOS.
    "If"?
    https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Mission:_The_Measure_of_Morality_(Part_1)

Yarnek: "Are we a joke to you?"
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,497 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    A second contact mission or two would be a good change of pace, though the Gangster planet itself would not be appropriate for that since some of the throwaway dialog in TNG or DS9 (I forget which at the moment) mentioned Sigma Iotia II as part of the Federation. McCoy's communicator probably gave them a big head start on space technology.
This discussion has been closed.