test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Will there be a PS5 Version

danson666danson666 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
Will there be a PS5 Version, like other Games, or will this Game abandoned when it isn't lucrative anymore, like the Anthem 2.0 update?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
Tagged:

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    It already runs fine, and runs better than on PS4 because of the much faster SSD disk drive.

No DOOM! is approaching.
  • fightingcanadianfightingcanadian Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Hello, though it seems a native current generation console port is unlikely, how hard would a update patch to increase the resolution to 1080P or 4K? The game would look 20 times better if it wasn't being displayed at 720p. 60 frames per second would even be a bonus. I want to invest in new ships but when half the detail flickers in and out, like the red star fleet insignia stripes down the side of my Kelvin Connie or various graphics on my Excelsior II.... It just doesn't feel like the full package.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited February 2023
    Welcome to the forums. FYI, bumping threads more than 30 days gone is against forum rules. No necromancers allowed here.

Despite that, see: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1269721/ten-forward-weekly-2-21-23

"Its on the radar to update STO to take better advance of the new consoles, no timeframe when."
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,313 Community Moderator
    necro /thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.