test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Question on Tech Upgrades. 'Extra points.' *Answered*

rerednawrerednaw Member Posts: 159 Arc User
edited April 2021 in The Academy
I've never used these and decided to give them a try. I followed the instructions (right click on an item) and saw the upgrade window.
My questions is this...what happens to 'extra' tech points?
For example the window says it takes 48,000 tech points to go from Mark XI to Mark XII...a delta upgrade is 110,000 tech points per token.
Are these extra points carried over or since it is over cap do they just go poof?

Thanks!
Post edited by rerednaw on
Tagged:

Comments

• foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    They are carried over.
  • rerednawrerednaw Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    They are carried over.

Thanks! :)
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    Tip: Use the Phoenix upgrades for most things since they use about 30% less dil than Superior ones if you buy the 10-packs.
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    and pay attention to the upgrade. some do not give you quality chances. I keep those for when I hit gold below mk XV, since wasting a phoenix on them is wasteful
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • toraknutoraknu Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    i see here also an other problem with the tech upgrades
    they are now stackable in a huge number (9999)

so we see here big players who begin to completly control the market

thats NO GOOD for the exchange !

we shoud keeep it at max 99
    not 9999 ! in one slot at storing and also selling

1fbp031sgc14.png

younger players wih lower ranks shoud be not the target of exchange manipulation
    playing financial manipulating games with tech upgrades is contra for market system and gameplay !

50 or 99 on one inventory slot shoud be enough to balance the market

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    The only craftable upgrades that maybe make sense are the experimental ones with 2x quality chance, if you have piles of Salvaged Tech from Admiralty and you use them during a double points weekend. If you use those on Mark II VR gear then you have a better chance of going epic.

Aside from that, use Phoenix and the delta, etc. that cost 0 dil.
    edited April 2021
    toraknu wrote: »

1fbp031sgc14.png

younger players wih lower ranks shoud be not the target of exchange manipulation
    playing financial manipulating games with tech upgrades is contra for market system and gameplay !

Why is the quantity for sale a problem, exactly? The market for those things has utterly crashed. They are cheaper than ever because there is no real market for them. Back in the day, that asking price wouldn't even cover the cost of Z-particles you needed to make one.

And if new players are buying them, then they are doing it wrong.

I only use the crafted kits if I am A) going for quality upgrades on mk II gear, or B.) am finishing off an item that is already max quality and using a full phoenix upgrade would be a waste.
    westmetals wrote: »
    toraknu wrote: »

1fbp031sgc14.png

Why is the quantity for sale a problem, exactly? The market for those things has utterly crashed. They are cheaper than ever because there is no real market for them. Back in the day, that asking price wouldn't even cover the cost of Z-particles you needed to make one.

And if new players are buying them, then they are doing it wrong.

I only use the crafted kits if I am A) going for quality upgrades on mk II gear, or B.) am finishing off an item that is already max quality and using a full phoenix upgrade would be a waste.

I think they're thinking that someone bought up all the cheap ones and reposted them as a single stack at an inflated price... a form of price gouging, perhaps.

However as you said, that's not an inflated price for those items, at all... and they aren't even the best choice for what they do.

Well I guess that would make sense, except a listing of 9999 doesn't stop anyone from listing 5 below it, so I still don't quite get it, unless they also believe this market manipulator is so dedicated they are buying up everything that gets on the market as soon as it does. If that were the case, though, people would still be crafting them.

Personally I still have thousands of these sitting in my crafter's inventory, across the various flavors. I have nothing to do with them.