test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,897 Arc User
    Lythe: *simply shakes her head*

Jorin: that may be so but this is a different case.
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,211 Arc User
    Janri: I think I'm good. *She leans back in the chair a bit*

Rax: Zombie planet?
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,149 Arc User
    Nick: something wrong, Lythe? *The Tepes comes out of warp near DS9*

Freeman: fair... And yes... Zombie planet.
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
    Lythe: no I’m just meditating.

Jorin: it’s a long story
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
    *Janri gets lost in thought, wondering how she'll fare against the Heralds. She seems to be thinking back about the iconian war*

Rax: I'd like to hear about it sometime if you're willing. But now might not be the best time if it's a bad memory.
    Nick: Right then, I'll go get our merry band of misfits. Wait here. *he about faces and exits the room*

Freeman: another time, this is supposed to be a celebration.
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,005 Community Moderator
    Krystal: *sips her drink* Well... this should be interesting...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,279 Arc User
    (*Grabs a giant mallet and smacks the TRIBBLE out of everyone*)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    Nick: *comes back to the ready room with quark after awhile, Lythe would recognize him as one of the large eared aliens from her glance at the future* take a seat. Quark, these are the mercs?

Quark: mercenaries? Why did you bring mercenaries?

Nick: you told me this would be dangerous so I thought you wouldn't mind a bit of extra protection, considering you didn't tell me what we were doing, I thought it worth the expense, business expense. I'm sure whatever it is we're doing their pay would be like scraps to you. *He grins*

Quark: I only needed your ship to brin-

Nick: well now you have me hopping along, my friends here. I'm an expert at this sorta thing. Kinda demeaning to be just transport. This is a warship, not a school bus
    edited April 2021
    Janri: A ferengi really explains everything honestly. *She sits back in her chair, curious if ferengi are as unreadable to Lythe as they are to other telepaths*

*After years away a small ship finally arrives at the Exeter bearing Ellvat, returned from her Earth, having restored the light despite giving in to the darkness. The Awoken woman requests permission to land in the shuttle bay, her ship hovering around as she leans back, her presence emanating darkness around her as she seems to have grown quite a bit since she left*

(I don't even remember if its another universe or like Mass Effect earth in which we never quite really got an explanation for why there was another earth in another galaxy. And she really has been away for years, I don't think I've had her around since she left to do that thing that Kuntel was running when he vanished)
    (We never got an explanation why there was another Earth in TOS either...frankly, I think it was just the Preservers having a laugh by building a shell world copy of what to them was just a random planet they stumbled across. Or a Q having a laugh by doing the same thing, only an actual world instead of a shell world.)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Nick: now this isn't just any Ferengi. This is the famous Quark. He owns his own moon you know. *He sits down with a grin, grabbing a bottle of whiskey* show some respect to our friend here.
    Lythe: *simply looks at quark with a razor sharp gaze and steel expression.*

Jorin: I’d just rather not get into it for the time being
    Janri: His cousin owns one too. I'll give him some respect for coming up with such a crazy idea. *her thoughts turn towards what she knows of ferengi, hoping that if Lythe is still listening in then Janri can explain a bit about them for her*

Rax: Understandable. Is there anything else you want to talk about?
    Krystal: *suppresses a laugh* So I'm a Mercenary now?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    Nick: I'm not counting you. you're obviously in a uniform. I was referring to those two who aren't

Quark: The orion i could see being a mercenary, but the vulcan is a strange one. oh who am i kidding, probably Romulan, am i right?
    (So, I won a raffle being run by xXTragicPrinceOx over on FurAffinity last week and...here's Alex, wearing his signature Quicksilver trenchcoat (Yes, I know it doesn't actually look metallic - metallic clothing is a TRIBBLE to draw so I told them not to worry if they couldn't do it since, hey - it's a free piece) and the barest hint of his purple leather and silver-spiked collar:

1618677598.xxtragicprinceox_fang18.png​​

#LegalizeAwoo

(Negative on picture. Sorry Shadow. It didn't show up.)
    (Well, try the direct link: https://www.furaffinity.net/view/41503900

it should show up for a guest since it's a SFW-tagged piece)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

(Nice coat)
    edited April 2021
    (Thanks - I decided on a trenchcoat as a nod to his sorcerous origin without going full mage robes...because no matter how you design mage robes, they either look like bathrobes or (If they're closed at the bottom) a dress.

As to how the outfit would look if it were done as truly metallic - something like this: Quicksilver.png

Hopefully this image shows up for you.)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

(By the way, I think Nick's waiting for a reply.)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

(Not from me from the look of it.)
    (Well in that case...where the heck is everyone else? I want continuation! And more feedback!)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

(I Got teeth pulled. And waiting on hoan)
    (I was at the least waiting on some kinda witty response. I also got moving anxiety getting to me while I wait for it. As for the feedback, looks okay I guess}
    edited April 2021
    (The actual ref will look even better once it gets finished - which hopefully won't be too much longer, given it's already going on two months.

Also, question time - keep it Lunari Imperium or switch to Lunari Star Pack? Imperium sounds snazzier, but it also has very...negative connotations, like Empire.

Like, every Imperium I can think of has been bad...very bad - The Kra'Hen Imperium from Imperium Galactica, the Imperium of Man from W40K...the Krenim Imperium wasn't exactly a bed of roses in any timeline...and the word itself originated in Rome, and the Romans were hardly the nicest people.)​​
    Post edited by legendarylycan#5411 on

#LegalizeAwoo

lythe: eldar actually i seem to be mistaken for these romulans and vulcans more frequently.

jorin: i should ask you since you two will be going thru these trials.
    edited April 2021
    Janri: Vulcans and romulans also have somewhat pointed ears. They're probably closer to humans in appearance than you might be, they aren't as naturally beautiful or graceful. Though I've heard that vulcans also repress their emotions. Romulans not so much.

Rax: Well... what usually happens for this sort of thing?

*Ellvat's ship lands on K-13 and she stretches. Despite her aetherial blue skin her irises glow a sickly green as a side affect of the darkness taking hold in her, her white hair has been kept a little unkempt, but pulled into a low ponytail*
    (Its up to you Shadow.)

*At K-13*
    Ami: *looking over a PADD*