test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is there a way to collect the new gold USS Voyager Admiralty card on non Delta recruits?

2»

Comments

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    Not every Admiralty card is account wide BTW - for example: You need to fly every character individually to the USS Sally Ride to the that Admiralty card awarded on the character. So there is a precedent for not every card being 'account wide'; or having specific steps each character on the account has to go through.

Nowhere has anyone said "every Admiralty card is account wide", but "every recruitment Admiralty card so far has been account wide", so bringing up the Sally Ride, which is not connected to any recruitment or any other event, makes little to no sense.

Thanks for actually reading the post instead of just hitting 'reply' Jenny. :smile:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    Most stuff in Mudds Market needs to be discounted over 90 percent in order for it to be even considered by me.
    i have ignored at least 4 items I really want cause of how much it costs for what was a reward in a mission / event.
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    Not every Admiralty card is account wide BTW - for example: You need to fly every character individually to the USS Sally Ride to the that Admiralty card awarded on the character. So there is a precedent for not every card being 'account wide'; or having specific steps each character on the account has to go through.

Nowhere has anyone said "every Admiralty card is account wide", but "every recruitment Admiralty card so far has been account wide", so bringing up the Sally Ride, which is not connected to any recruitment or any other event, makes little to no sense.

Thanks for actually reading the post instead of just hitting 'reply' Jenny. :smile:

No thanks needed, Sea!
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    There's NO indication of monetizing the recruit stuff. Its just "Voyager is Delta only" right now. That's it. No zen or any other currency is involved whatsoever. It is recruit exclusive. As said, they may change that in the future, but there is as of right now no ulterior motive other than exclusivity.

Now I would agree with them eventually adding it for non Deltas to get, but I'm not going to assume anything nefarious. MMOs have had exclusive items for events and stuff in the past. While STO has moved away from that years ago, perhaps they decided that in this case having at least one exclusive item would make creating a Delta Recruit more desirable.
    Luckily I already have 3 that met the requirements to get said Admiralty Card, so... its honestly just a wait and see. Perhaps after Delta is done they may consider ways to unlock Voyager account wide. But again I am not just going to automatically assume pure greed as the driving force.

I can ask Kael more about the Admiralty Card, and if there are plans to make it an account unlock down the road, but the last word I got is what I relayed earlier.

The same or similar touting of the company-line used to be for those old rewards (Breen & Reman BOFFs, Shard of Possibilities, & Ophidian Cane) from the off & on again Featured Episode rewards too. Then they were taken away, given no "indication" of monetizing them till they were monetized. That's how it works sometimes. It's as much NOT nefarious as it's NOT benevolent. It's simply a (business) decision with a subjective good or bad effect.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    *neutral look*

Was it necesssary to BOLD everything? Also I think you missed where I said things may change in the future. Which way that goes I don't know. But right now it is what it is.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2021
    Yea, and I'm also fine if they introduced this to Phoenix, and possibly a few other things...
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    *neutral look*

Was it necesssary to BOLD everything? Also I think you missed where I said things may change in the future. Which way that goes I don't know. But right now it is what it is.

I bolded it to differentiate it from your text, & to make it easier to view while I was on my tablet.

You were the one that were using capitalization "NO" as a tool emphasizing your perspective just like your "nafarious" & I didn't miss your "may change" which is why I pointed out an example of how things had transitioned until it was monetized.
  • whiteknight1xwhiteknight1x Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    Why did I do this new event? I've already had a Delta Recruit. They stated that there were new rewards that those who already have a Recruit would be able to earn. That admiralty card was the only thing worth getting. I don't need more marks. I don't play this toon normally so this event was a waste. Cryptic should had state this so I could had skip it.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    Why did I do this new event? I've already had a Delta Recruit. They stated that there were new rewards that those who already have a Recruit would be able to earn. That admiralty card was the only thing worth getting. I don't need more marks. I don't play this toon normally so this event was a waste. Cryptic should had state this so I could had skip it.

I'm not sure what you're wanting them to say. Yea for the most part veterans who already have Deltas won't get as much in terms of new stuff, but... so what? Its mostly for the people who had missed out on it previously, or couldn't make all three Deltas. And they did add to some of the objectives but again... its optional really so...again... what did you want them to say that hasn't already been said?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,500 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    I am still missing a Delta on one account so I am set for when it rolls around again. On my other account I have an extra Delta since I had a character/ship idea I wanted to try along with an available slot and it happened that the event was running so she ended up one.

Both situations are good from my point of view, though I have to admit I am something of an altaholic and to those who like to run the least number of toons possible these events could be a bit inconvenient I suppose.
This discussion has been closed.