test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

On the topic, "Delta Recruitment Returns!" :|

maximgorkiymaximgorkiy Member Posts: 30 Arc User
Is this Cryptic's way of begging players, "Please make new characters and buy new character slots for ZEN in return!"? Pathetic! And that without bringing reasonable performance for the money....

I haven't spent a dime on STO in over a year. Cryptic has had enough from me. In addition, such a game after 9 years times so slowly but surely boring.

Am I the only one who thinks so? :|:|:|:|:|
PC-Info
MB: MSI MPG X570 GP 2.0
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
Mem: Samsung DDR4 -2132 8GB (x2)
Graph: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
System: Micrsft. Windows 10 Pro v.21H2
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    It's sad that people have such adversarial relationships with game devs these days, that they see everything through the lens of "cash grab!"

Is it an encouragement to make new characters? Sure, absolutely! But I see nothing wrong with that.

And it's also a way for new players who missed previous Recruitment events to earn the bonuses that older players have. That's nice of them!

(personally, I've got a pile of character slots. I got them with zen I exchanged Dil for over the years. Character slots are actually pretty cheap in this game. I don't see "buy a character slot!" as particularly 'cash-grabby'. Of course, I don't have some huge set of "required" purchases - 5 bank expansions, 200 doff slots, 5 bad expansions, etc - that I've decided I "have" to get for every character I make. /shrug)
  • Options
    fattydaddie#6105 fattydaddie Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Too bad the training cruise bug is still an issue.
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    Is this Cryptic's way of begging players, "Please make new characters and buy new character slots for ZEN in return!"? Pathetic! And that without bringing reasonable performance for the money....

I haven't spent a dime on STO in over a year. Cryptic has had enough from me. In addition, such a game after 9 years times so slowly but surely boring.

No, is a way for Cryptic to satisfy their customers with the rerun of the recruitment events that people has been asking for years, by forums, reddit, twitter and the Ten Forward Weekly... so, you are the only one that thinks that (may be others, but most of us that are engaged with the comunity, knows why they did this)
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    smi3thsmi3th Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    There's a lot of things where I feel the price point of what Cryptic sells is too high, but overall they are here to make money and if they can't make money then there is no game. So I don't mind dropping a bit of cash into the game now and then.

That said, the Klingon Recruitment Event invigorated the game for me again with a bunch of new goals and such. The Delta recruitment will likely do the same for me. Anything that generates interest and gets people spending more time in-game is good.

The event is good for new players but is especially good for more developed players because of the account-wide rewards. The more characters you have the bigger a deal it is. So bringing people who were drifting away back to the game is a also good thing.
  • Options
    resumodresumod Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited April 2021

Your account is from 2013.
    As everybody else you have gotten 3 free charslots when delta was running for the first time and every new account will get this charslots for free, regardless if delta is running or not.
    As for every other recruit event, you won't get slots for a rerun.

You can even use your old deltas for not only getting the new rewards and this way for unlocking more rewards as it would be possible for a someone who does now makes his fist delta.

If you have thrown away your deltas (why ever) and used those slots for new chars (that have claimed the delta rewards, just saying...), your personal problem.

And if you havn't done klingon recruit (with more account wide rewards), you have gotten another charslot for free.

Feel free to use it, but don't come back with the same idea, when they rerun klingon recruit while not giving you another charslot.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    I'm not entitled enough to demand a second set of free character slots for the recruitment re-run that was done after players requested it.

But you do you.

• Options
    hey thank you very much for your wonderful posts. :)
    And to resumod , my account is NOT from 2013. :*
    PC-Info
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited April 2021

Your post history goes back to 2013, did you murder the original maximgorkiy and take over their account?

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/comment/11353181
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2021

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1261362/delta-recruit-cant-get-through-tutorial

Yea I tried 2-3x times myself...

NOTE: At armory, you have to click each Popup, then select U and click the Popup to EQUIP your Rifle, that will update it.
    ╘ It will never update if experienced players try to do so from Inventory.

Cause no where it say, Click each popup while at Security Locker to Equip the Rifle.
    I'm not entitled enough to demand a second set of free character slots for the recruitment re-run that was done after players requested it.

But you do you.

Yea I'm just greatful they are allowing some who missed out to complete a Delta, again as they had previously done a Jem, I've heard we'll likely see a Temporal that (some) missed perhaps later toward the end of the year.

Still originally they only gave 3 Character Slots, and with the 4 Recruit Events expanded that to 7, and may have even given 1 extra on another Recruit release to all Players. Regardless they have been plenty generous!
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    strathkin wrote: »

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1261362/delta-recruit-cant-get-through-tutorial

Yea I tried 2-3x times myself...

NOTE: At armory, you have to click each Popup, then select U and click the Popup to EQUIP your Rifle, that will update it.
    ╘ It will never update if experienced players try to do so from Inventory.

Cause no where it say, Click each popup while at Security Locker to Equip the Rifle.

But you do you.

Yea I'm just greatful they are allowing some who missed out to complete a Delta, again as they had previously done a Jem, I've heard we'll likely see a Temporal that (some) missed perhaps later toward the end of the year.

Still originally they only gave 3 Character Slots, and with the 4 Recruit Events expanded that to 7, and may have even given 1 extra on another Recruit release to all Players. Regardless they have been plenty generous!

The one "extra" one was probably the one they gave out on the first Delta recruit rerun, possibly because it was the first rerun ever and it had been so long since they had any recruitment events at all at that point.
  • Options
    eladonwarps#6040 eladonwarps Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    I'm grateful. I joined more recently, and from what I've seen in livestreams and social media, the new shows after Discovery launched have brought in lots of new players. So they hear about the old recruits and want to get one. Apparently Andre also thinks the recruits are good content that need to come back more often. So here we are.

I rolled 3 already.
    Call me "El," she/her only. I love my wife and I don't care who knows it!
  • Options
    theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    There are so many neglected & tone deaf things Cryptic could be criticized for. Not only bringing back this event but also polishing it up to todays standards is definitely NOT one of them.
  • Options
    hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    Eh, the Delta Recruitment rerun was something the current EP said should be done regularly, since it was a waste it was created only to be ran once then neglected (as originally intended). You can tell it wasn't a major priority by the rather lackluster additions to the Account Unlocks as well as the Tessaract unlocks, as well as not even resetting the Account-specific "Claimed" status so that non-DR alts can reclaim the rewards again while old DR alts can reclaim the earlier Episode Completion Rewards again, this time being able to get more Marks for newer Reputations like Competitive, Gamma, Disco, and Lukari.

Is it meant to boost metrics? Sure. Get some new players into the game, bring back some old players who missed the DR event, bring back players who haven't completed their DRs, and just get active players to start again. And hope that some of them start paying for convenience. But it isn't forcing you to stay either. The Tessaract unlocks remain available to complete at your own time, and are worthwhile enough to complete at least for the big Account Unlock reward, like the Temporal Negotiator and Paradox Corrector. Everything else is just extra; the extra Marks, Fleet/Rep Dil Vouchers, the Photonic Boff, and the so-so Starship Trait.
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    There are so many neglected & tone deaf things Cryptic could be criticized for. Not only bringing back this event but also polishing it up to todays standards is definitely NOT one of them.

Speaking of polishing, I wish they would have left Spectres linked into the Delta recruit tesseract and just polished up and put it back in its old place in the episode list instead of switching it to the worst mission in the game (Dust to Dust).

Also as a time travel research thing the Delta recruit part of Spectres actually added something to the theme of the war against the Iconians, while Dust to Dust (despite happening in Delta quadrant itself) is a dead end as far as the war is concerned because except for a few "poor victim" things the Kobali were never essential to the war the way time travel was (possibly because of the unexpected hate of the race from some of the more vocal players).

An added benefit of that would have been the same revamp would have made it ready for linking to the upcoming AoY recruit event too since some of the missions it used to link to are completely gone and Spectres is the only scenario after the recruit arrives in the "current" ESD that has a significant amount of time allocated to story that actually feels anything like TOS (the Romulan thing with the Doomsday Device feels completely TNG despite the uniforms for instance) and the rest just feel like cameos anyway since the TOS era parts are so short and feel like an afterthought to the rest of the scenario.
  • Options
    kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    The one "extra" one was probably the one they gave out on the first Delta recruit rerun, possibly because it was the first rerun ever and it had been so long since they had any recruitment events at all at that point.

The extra character slot was from the Foundry shutdown.

• Options
    athan#5519 athan Member Posts: 78 Arc User

Uh, seize the means of game development then bro lol
  • Options
    paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    edited April 2021

Sorry OP you must be only one that thinks that way, you're not doing yourself any favors by complaining about something most of the community been asking for, I too haven't spend a single dime on this game, all my TRIBBLE is free and earned through hard work, I finally have Remans and Cardassians, soon I'll have every playable race including Borg and Talaxians aka the worst Delta Quadrant race in existence, for some reason I prefer the Kobali over Neelix's own people.
  • Options
    edited May 2023

Your post history goes back to 2013, did you murder the original maximgorkiy and take over their account?

(What nonsense some write out of ignorance) My game account was created on 05. March 2012. I joined the forum about 1 year later. That is why it is shown here from 2013.
    PC-Info
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,365 Arc User

(What nonsense some write out of ignorance) My game account was created on 05. March 2012. I joined the forum about 1 year later. That is why it is shown here from 2013.
    And therefore you were here for at least one previous Delta Recruit event, and received a free character slot at that time. You don't get another one every single time the event is run. If you used it for something that wasn't a Delta Recruit at the time, your options are a) buy another slot, b) delete an existing toon you aren't using (I did that), or c) ignore the event just like you did before.

Other paw, if you did make one before, there isn't really any additional benefit to making another - I only did it because I'm an altaholic, and the Recruit events will get a new toon some good gear as they level.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,319 Community Moderator
    Yowza! Necro, also rant thread. Don't feed the troll. /thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.