test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Frustrated over game bugs

ashtin1979ashtin1979 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
the saucer separation bug that has been on there since I've played on PC is still there. When I am doing missions and I use the saucer separation on the galaxy class retrofit the saucer section never returns to me unless my ship is destroyed or I warp out.

I made a romulan and the battle cloak keeps hanging up so I finally quit playing him because I can't stand the glitch with his ship.

The other thing - what is up with the serious interface lag anytime you go into the costume tailor? I have a very high speed internet access so there shouldn't be any lag. Or is it the ps4? Is it just not powerful enough to handle this game? The graphics for Star Trek Online are still pretty basic looking so it shouldn't be overwhelming the system.

I'm just curious. It's just real frustrating if it's game bugs is all.

Comments

• garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    I have been playing on Xbox since the game launched for console, and there has always been an interface lag for the tailor and skill point allocation. It has nothing to do with your console or your internet. It has everything to do with the terrible way the game is coded, it is the only explanation.
  • ashtin1979ashtin1979 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    garaffe wrote: »
    I have been playing on Xbox since the game launched for console, and there has always been an interface lag for the tailor and skill point allocation. It has nothing to do with your console or your internet. It has everything to do with the terrible way the game is coded, it is the only explanation.

well thanks man! :)

• matthewgarrett#9016 matthewgarrett Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I think it's a database issue the tailor may have to pull you and boffs and all options possible at the same time and changing X is taxing for customizing. In other word more options you have the more it has to do work in order to keep running and processing. I think it is scaling issue as well and nothing to do with PS4. It is possible when the game was first develop they has no idea big the customizing on STO and their database structuring lack the necessary parameter instruction to handle the load on there end and stream to us the end user.
  • millefune#8468 millefune Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    I think it's a database issue the tailor may have to pull you and boffs and all options possible at the same time and changing X is taxing for customizing. In other word more options you have the more it has to do work in order to keep running and processing. I think it is scaling issue as well and nothing to do with PS4. It is possible when the game was first develop they has no idea big the customizing on STO and their database structuring lack the necessary parameter instruction to handle the load on there end and stream to us the end user.

Definitely on the game's side, and not the PS4. When I used to play DCUO (left it, because I found this game on the PlayStation Store... and I like Star Trek), they had TONS more customization and costume modification options. And that game's character maker and "tailor" doesn't lag. But it isn't Star Trek, so we live with what we have here.
  • squareenix#7095 squareenix Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I'm getting frustrated with this transdimensional tactics tfo i finished it once and I didn't get credit for the universal endeavor