test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Sphere of Influence bug

shrimphead2015shrimphead2015 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
edited April 2021 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Searched this in the forums and the last thread I saw was from 2013. It seems there is a bug now (4/16/2021) where after you access all 6 consoles connected by the bridges, the final console with the color match symbols does not activate. Worf also remains at the 6th console on the platform below and is not able to join you on the platform. So you cannot open the gate that leads to the ship.

UPDATE: I also tried to do the mission with a Federation captain and the same problem exists where you cannot interact with the master control panel. I originally was using a Klingon Recruit.
"There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life." - Ten Bears (Will Sampson)
Post edited by shrimphead2015 on

Comments

• Options
    camenecius#5698 camenecius Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    I'm having the same problem. Tried the usual stuff: jumping off the edge, relogging, etc. On respawning, I get the initial dialog between a few characters. But Worf doesn't move and the last console doesn't activate. Restarted it and had the same problem.
    Post edited by camenecius#5698 on
  • Options
    ragnadarragnadar Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Iam having exactly the same problem. I did the quest twice yesterday, with the same result and wrote a ticket. Cost me the whole night....
  • Options
    sylar#9681 sylar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Yes, I am also having the same problem as the others here. Dropped and tried again, logging in again, swapping to another character for a while, respawning, etc but nothing works.
  • Options
    jeremy0823jeremy0823 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Me as well. I even had my fleet members watch me as I played through Discord. Abandoned and did it again, but got the same thing. Thought maybe it was an update issue and just tried it again, with the same result. Hopefully someone can come up with a resolution for this.
  • Options
    d34thspawn#5911 d34thspawn Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same here, tried all the same things as you guys and gals. Really frustrating
  • Options
    dashripkindashripkin Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    Yep, same here. Fed Disco.
    i haeve teh fancay signaetures!!!!!!!1 i am teh l33t usar!!!!!!1
  • Options
    smi3thsmi3th Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    I keep running into a different problem. The second guardian I encounter in the complex is unkillable. Drops to 1 hp and just sits there and doesn't die. I have tried it three times, the third time closing the client completely and opening it again. I have tried making sure the guardian is in the area highlighted on the map, and I have tried pushing it out of that area; neither worked.
  • Options
    ranger#4032 ranger Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I have also experienced the same problem with my second character for two days however my first character I had no problems both characters are Federation
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    I have also experienced the same problem with my second character for two days however my first character I had no problems both characters are Federation

Are they both 2409 Federation characters? I'm having trouble with a ROM/KDF.
  • Options
    westmetals wrote: »
    Did you interact with the central console on all of the six previous platforms? (mission counter at 6/6)? Because I think that is required.

I believe the only way to access the final platform with the command console (with the color match puzzle) is if you do all 6 consoles beforehand. It does confirm on the mission tracker if you have completed the task as well.

"There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life." - Ten Bears (Will Sampson)
  • Options
    Did you interact with the central console on all of the six previous platforms? (mission counter at 6/6)? Because I think that is required.

Yes. The path to the last platform unlocks, and I can go up there, but the final console never becomes interactive. I think Worf is the culprit; he seems stuck in a scanning loop down at the last of the six consoles. I know he had a wardrobe change since I last played this, but I don't think that accounts for him being stuck.
  • Options
    I think you guys misunderstood my question (or I'm misremembering the episode).... I'm asking about interacting with the console in the CENTER of the platforms... not the colored icons that unlock the paths.

I attempted again last night to see if the mission was fixed (still broke unfortunately). You have to interact with all center platforms to get the colored icons on the platforms to work. They all work fine until you progress to the final platform where the color match console is. That one does not light up to be activated.

Yes. The path to the last platform unlocks, and I can go up there, but the final console never becomes interactive. I think Worf is the culprit; he seems stuck in a scanning loop down at the last of the six consoles. I know he had a wardrobe change since I last played this, but I don't think that accounts for him being stuck.

It reminds me of the bug that made the warehouse inaccessible on New Romulas.

• Options
    garretxxriotgarretxxriot Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Directed here by email after submitting a ticket ingame. I tried 3 times with a federation captain all to the same outcome. I really want to complete these missions in order and this has brought me to a standstill. Worf stuck in the same last console area before the big one that doesn't let you activate it. It seems a past update broke one of the triggers in the mission.
  • Options
    ormos#5765 ormos Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same here(fedCap), hope they'll fix it soon.
  • Options
    quixoticishquixoticish Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    Same here. Just posted another bug report before happening across this one.
  • Options
    I think you guys misunderstood my question (or I'm misremembering the episode).... I'm asking about interacting with the console in the CENTER of the platforms... not the colored icons that unlock the paths.

No, I am not misunderstanding your question. I've done this mission dozens of times.
  • Options
    kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    It's being addressed with tomorrows patch.
  • Options
    Good news, everyone. It's fixed!

Well it worked for me on my ROM/KDF captain who had the problem with the final console not activating. I did note that Worf doesn't come up the ramp until the console's activated, so it wasn't directly a Worf problem as far as I can tell.

As an added bonus, I did not lose all my traits after the ship swap.
  • Options
    Very happy to see the problem was addressed by the development team so quickly. My sincerest appreciation for their efforts ! :)
  • Options
    ranger#4032 ranger Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I’m so happy it’s fixed I wasn’t sure if I would have to delete this character and start from scratch again
  • Options
    kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    I’m so happy it’s fixed I wasn’t sure if I would have to delete this character and start from scratch again

That would have been rather extreme and unnecessary.