test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is it possible to equip both an environmental suit (space suit) AND body armor?

toddjohnson100toddjohnson100 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
I know when I first started playing STO we had slots for both body armor and an environmental/space suit. Is it possible to do that any more,
or can we only equip one at a time? It seems kind of pointless to offer both and only allow you to use one, doesn't it?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,596 Arc User
    you have never been able to slot both at once. it is supposedly coming soon but soon to me might be an eternity to you, YMMV. I'm just very disappointed that the red angle suit ISN'T an EV suit
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • toddjohnson100toddjohnson100 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    OMG!!, Do I ever hear you about that Red Angel suit!! How long have you been playing STO? Because I distinctly remember having slots for both
    body armor AND environmental suit several years ago.
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,596 Arc User
    I've been playing since open Beta, just not on my own account. you have always been required to swap to an EV suit.
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • toddjohnson100toddjohnson100 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    O.K., well thanks for the info. I do SO agree with you about wishing Red Angel was an EV suit.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    OMG!!, Do I ever hear you about that Red Angel suit!! How long have you been playing STO? Because I distinctly remember having slots for both
    body armor AND environmental suit several years ago.

been p[laying since closed beta 2009 - and there were never slots for both. In fact, EVA and 'spacesuits' in STO weren't in game until "The 2800" (one of the original 'weekly feature episodes' that is no longer even in the main episode list anymore, it's relegated to the 'available missions' tab now.)

There WAS talk of adding a slot specifically so a EVA Spacesuit could be constantly equipped on your character so it would always be available and you wouldn't have to manually swap it in when you needed one - and it was supposedly a feature very close to 'launching'; but they ran into a technical issue that they couldn't trivially overcome, that probably needs a lot of programmer time to fix/make work; and obviously, whomever makes the decisions on what to spend programmer time on decided the ROI wasn't worth it, so the feature never materialized.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    There has been some rumblings of possibly adding an EV slot in the future so that we could have both equipped, but as of this time no further information other than "its been considered."
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
This discussion has been closed.