test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Bug] Federation Tutorial Bug

zhyestzhyest Member Posts: 6 Arc User
You get up to "repel Klingon boarders", kill up to 71% of them then nothing happens. Multiple people I know are facing the same issue. Partial and total relogs do not work.
Tagged:

Comments

• stupidconversionstupidconversion Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    Yup, also being reported by several people on Reddit. Some people get it to respawn the missing Klingons, some can't. Including me.
  • same problem for me, can't get past the 71% mark on my federation delta recruit....
  • kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    This is an old bug. You have to equip your rifle exactly like the tutorial says. Sometimes taking the rifle off then returning to the weapons locker and re-equipping it 'properly' fixes the problem. (might need to relog)
  • kirstieinkirstiein Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    And what is the proper way to equip it? I skipped the dialog on that, so I don't know.
    Helping people is my passion in life. If I see someone without a smile I try to give them mine. :)
  • deemgunndeemgunn Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I've had the issues only with science cadets, but it's always happening, no matter how I equip the rifle, following the tutorial step by step or otherwise.

No such issue on a new tac or engineer cadet during my test.
  • lillen80lillen80 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    Same problem for me how comes Cryptic always succeeds in breaking things with new updates
  • kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    deemgunn wrote: »
    I've had the issues only with science cadets, but it's always happening, no matter how I equip the rifle, following the tutorial step by step or otherwise.

It can happen regardless of the profession. You need to observe the mission log to make sure it ticks off that the rifle is equipped before leaving the locker.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2021
    But it won't work if you equip from your inventory.

NOTE: At armory, you have to click each Popup, then select U and click the Popup to EQUIP your Rifle will update it.
    ╘ It will never update if experienced players try to do so from Inventory.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1261362/delta-recruit-cant-get-through-tutorial
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • megainexoros#5925 megainexoros Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    Cleared mine by completely logging out of the game. Kill everything, then restart with fresh launcher.
  • saimorphx#5330 saimorphx Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    zhyest wrote: »
    You get up to "repel Klingon boarders", kill up to 71% of them then nothing happens. Multiple people I know are facing the same issue. Partial and total relogs do not work.

Thank you! I've tried on two different computers!!!!!!! deleting the character and starting over and the same thing.

DIFFRENT COMPUTER!!!! <
    changing launchers, changing characters, CHANGING COMPUTERS, nothing worked!!!

I can't tell you how many times I've played this tutorial mission, same as the first contact day TOS (launch), 11 years in, we play and now they are bugged? It's frustrating trying to figure out what they are doing, why are they messing up stuff that has worked for so long! it makes zero sense! there's no logical way to comprehend what they are doing to break what has worked so long!
    deemgunn wrote: »

It can happen regardless of the profession. You need to observe the mission log to make sure it ticks off that the rifle is equipped before leaving the locker.

This is what I noticed too, and I tried. the first time, I got all setup, got my reclaims, cshop stuff, etc. 2nd time I went vanilla! so I figured it had to be that. nope.

It just happened I went to best buy to get a new mouse, ended up getting a new PSU for another computer, so I went from a FX8350 system, to a I7 6700k system since I got it working again.

I guess I'm very mad because I wasted $10 to buy character slots, and I'm dealing with this! and, I can't figure out what they are doing! they are getting paid to break the game?!?!? I mean ?Wha??????? I want a federation delta recruit, not another Klingon, not a Rom. Romulan tutorial is working fine! I'm not sure about Klingon, but Federation!!!

Is there a disgruntled employee at Cryptic? is that way things that have worked for years are all of a sudden messed up?

And I would have preferred to SKIP this TRIBBLE, but no... ok no problem it's fast and easy.... why do I keep wasting money on this trash?
    strathkin wrote: »

NOTE: At armory, you have to click each Popup, then select U and click the Popup to EQUIP your Rifle will update it.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1261362/delta-recruit-cant-get-through-tutorial

I just made a new character, leaving the one named what I want, named this one trash to reflect what we're working with, I thought the same thing, I didn't tell it to hide help pop-ups, I followed them like a noob, I clicked where it said, even on the weapon slot and picked from the list, didn't help!
    edited April 2021
    strathkin wrote: »

Ok, I've run it two more times and got past it twice! you are right! Don't open the inventory, nothing!!!!

1. Open door.
    2. get rifle.
    3. Press U
    4. click in the second weapon slot.
    5. select the rifle.
    6. press Z to swap.
    7. finish tutorial.

when you get to the rifle, press U, then the bottom weapon slot, pick the rifle, then press Z to swap. that got me past i
    don't open the inventory, don't equip from the inventory, don't do anything with the inventory. press U and load it from there profile.

• edrickvellorinedrickvellorin Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    A re-log fixed things for me after I had the pistol and rifle equipped, but I originally messed things up I think by reclaiming the S31 sniper rifle. (That said, logging out and back in did cause a graphical glitch where a damaged corridor section was supposed to be. There was nothing there.)
  • lillen80lillen80 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    I made sure to unequip the phaser pistol after the holodeck mission (don't know if that had anything to do with be ability to continue the tutorial on the ship but that what I did) I took the rifle from the locker equipped it through inventory logged out the captain then logged in again and then it worked.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    One of the problems with the rifle equip part of the bug, is that the game throws up the UI that pops up when you double click on items in your inventory with items you can swap in that slot.

There's a couple times that I had to move the rifle in and out of the character UI's weapon slot for the game to register that I 'equipped the rifle'.

One way that I was able to get around this is by switching out the character and then reloading it. The two missing Klingons pop up in front of the door to the transporter, where they were supposed to be after you equipped the rifle.