test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DELTA RECRUIT: Cant get through tutorial

simonwaterssimonwaters Member Posts: 29 Arc User
I Tried to do the Delta recruit tutorial. When I got the the part where you repel the boarders, I shoot 3 for 71%, there are no ore boarders.

Also, I went to grab a phaser rifle, and it issued me a MK I. As a cadet, I can't equip it.

Finally, one other thing happened. A was running back and forth trying to find the non existent boarders, the forcefield area of the deck just vanishes, and you can run through space to the other side. However, somehow, I fell off, and there is no way to get back on.

This has happened with 2 recruits. The only thing I could do is delete them, man make a new one from scratch. When tried with the second one, same thing happened,

WTF is going on?

Comments

• strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2021

NOTE: At armory, you have to click each Popup, then select U and click the Popup to EQUIP your Rifle, that will update it.
    ╘ It will never update if experienced players try to do so from Inventory.

Cause no where it say, Click each popup while at Security Locker to Equip the Rifle.

I've heard a very few people say it worked fine, yet the vast majority say it doesn't always stuck at 71%. Tried to logout and back in but just continues with no Klingons to fight.

I may have to delete this guy and just try a Romulan and wish for better luck, or try again to recreate my Fed and try 1-2x times till I get through. Though I've heard 35% or so may proceed fine, while 65% reach 71% and they stop Spawning.

Maybe I get lucky this time!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1261355/bug-federation-tutorial-bug
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • raallaveraallave Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hi
    I had the same issue and I did this

exit game
    hit exe to start STO console not the arc one
    option tab
    check the Force verified

it should start verified the game and install "corrupted?" file
  • kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    raallave wrote: »
    Hi
    I had the same issue and I did this

exit game
    hit exe to start STO console not the arc one
    option tab
    check the Force verified

it should start verified the game and install "corrupted?" file

Coincidence. It has nothing to do with a corrupted file. You could have done nothing and it would have worked.
    edited April 2021
    strathkin wrote: »
    Yea I just did one, I've heard the same from other people doing FEDs.

I've heard a very few people say it worked fine, yet the vast majority say it doesn't always stuck at 71%. Tried to logout and back in but just continues with no Klingons to fight.

I may have to delete this guy and just try a Romulan and wish for better luck. Maybe I may try to recreate my Fed Delta, when they later FIX it.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1261355/bug-federation-tutorial-bug

You need to observe the mission tracker and make sure it ticks off you have equipped the rifle before leaving the locker, otherwise the first two Klingons in the hall don't 'beam in'. Just delete and restart your Fed, it will work, eventually :)
  • smi3thsmi3th Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    "Delete the character and start over" is not much of a fix.
  • smi3thsmi3th Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    Went back and closed the whole client program and reopened it and I was able to get it to work. But with the weird glitch where you can walk through where the forcefields are supposed to be and into space. But the mission works at that point.
  • felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    This happened to me. There is a reddit thread from 2 years ago about it: https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/8dx21u/stuck_in_delta_recruit_tutorial_mission/ I think the issue is that you can equip the rifle when it doesn't count, and if you don't notice you can just go around blasting klingons who don't count towards the objective.

It might also be that Klingons get stuck in the walls; I had a cadet security get vaporized from nothing after logging back in.
    westmetals wrote: »
    Should not be necessary to delete and restart. If you leave the game, when you log back in, it should put you back to the beginning of that map.

Per the reddit thread, in some cases it is necessary. I exited the game and came back in, still stuck at 71%.

EDIT: You need to log out/in BEFORE JOINING THE SECURITY CADETS. Equip the rifle, log out/in, and the objective should switch to "swap weapons". If you walk to the cadets without the 'equip' changing to 'swap', the two klingons that run up and vaporize a cadet don't appear, or appear in a bugged fashion.
    edited April 2021
    felderburg wrote: »
    This happened to me. There is a reddit thread from 2 years ago about it: https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/8dx21u/stuck_in_delta_recruit_tutorial_mission/ I think the issue is that you can equip the rifle when it doesn't count, and if you don't notice you can just go around blasting klingons who don't count towards the objective.

It might also be that Klingons get stuck in the walls; I had a cadet security get vaporized from nothing after logging back in.
    westmetals wrote: »
    Should not be necessary to delete and restart. If you leave the game, when you log back in, it should put you back to the beginning of that map.

Per the reddit thread, in some cases it is necessary. I exited the game and came back in, still stuck at 71%.

EDIT: You need to log out/in BEFORE JOINING THE SECURITY CADETS. Equip the rifle, log out/in, and the objective should switch to "swap weapons". If you walk to the cadets without the 'equip' changing to 'swap', the two klingons that run up and vaporize a cadet don't appear, or appear in a bugged fashion.

NOTE: At armory, you have to click each Popup, then select U and click the Popup to EQUIP your Rifle, that will update it.

Cause no where it say, Click each popup while at Security Locker to Equip the Rifle.

What won't work, is Equip it the normal or experienced method:
    0zxlclk.png
    strathkin wrote: »
    They need to provide clear instructions there, that say Equip Rifle and make it your Primary before you Leave the Security Locker. I'll try that now to see if that checks off the objective, and that I get past 71%.

If not I'll delete and try again with your method. I've heard a few less issues with Romulans, if not I may try that till they Fix or Revise the Instructions to be more clear for Feds. :)

If the game properly recognizes that the rifle is equipped and it's in the secondary slot it does tell you to swap weapons.
    edited April 2021

Hopefully they correct this KEY part above, if you equip the standard way it still says Equip Rifle? Looks like I'm carrying it myself, what do you think, why they need to revise these instructions to say click Popups to Equip the Rifle.

0Zz56fd.png

If you Equip the normal way, you'll run into this issue as I did. I first got 3 by Transporter to get to 42%, then even picked up the optional objective of picking something up which was a Hypo. I then managed to get 1 outside getting to 71%, and no others; as the Security Cadet took the second Klingon in Hallway, and even if they didn't you still won't finish.

Yet it still says Equip my Rifle, even though I'm clearly walking with it in hand. If you click each Popup at the Security Locker this won't happen.

See the trick I figured out to make it work every time posted below.

@ambassadorkael#6946
    0zxlclk.png
  • fattydaddie#6105 fattydaddie Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    This is a very old issue from about 6 years ago and is still a problem. Created another character, same problem have tried every thing if read. It is a BS issue from lazy programmers who don't test reported issues or read the forums. Darn frustrating.
    edited April 2021
    Not being a novice I know how to Equip items.

Workaround to FIX or make it work:

Lets see if now I can get past 71%; I'm only at Transporter Pad and already at 71% not 42% Like Before. So Promising Sign.

I also made sure to target the 2nd further back Klingon first near the Security Cadet they were attacking first so I hit them, then focused on the closer one. Don't know if that made a difference but I now have objectives updated to talk to the Captain.

So if people follow this, they likely get past it.

Hense the reason it's been a Bug since 2016, so hopefully they correct the instructions per above.
    0zxlclk.png