test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Questions on the new Delta Recruit Event starting April 15th

rascally8abbit#2284 rascally8abbit Member Posts: 36 Arc User
I am still confused and have read the article over several times but it doesn't seem to answer the following question.

1. I have a delta recruit from the first event. What will change for him/her? If they have done all missions, quests, achievements, etc that was in the device that were given at the start that listed items to finish/accomplish and the reward the recruit would get, will there be new things to accomplish added to their tesseract transceiver?

2. I have a Delta recruit from the first event. This character has not completed all the missions/quests/accomplishments listed in the tesseract transceiver, what will happen to those not finish? Will they still be listed and will they still get the same reward that is offered?

3. If I do have a Delta recruit from the first event, what will happen if I create an additional Delta recruit for the April 15, 2021 event? Will they have mostly a new sets of goals and will unlock new rewards for all toons on account. Will the Delta recruit you create on April 15th 2021 added new rewards to the toons on the account. For example finished the fed-klingon war story arc will all toons on the account have new rewards they can collect. Just what benefit will there be of having to delta recruits (1 from the original Delta recruit event and then 1 from the April 15, 2021 new Delta Recruit event).

Thanks for you time in reading this and any time spent in your response.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    1. Yes, new things will be added, but completed stuff stays completed.
    2. Replaced with new versions was my impressions from the Livestream covering it. So, if you didn't complete the Breen arc, you'll have the Iconian arc to do instead.
    3. It should work the same as if you create multiple Deltas now (or created then), the Deltas don't get the stuff that overlaps from the other Deltas unless that particular toon does it, but account unlocks for Deltas can be from all Delta characters. Best bet is to roll a different one of the three types (Fed, KDF, or Romulan) and then you can have a small boost of Mark package for arcs that are unique to each of those factions.
  • indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
    Do I need to create a new recruit to get all the rewards or can I use my old recruit to get all of them? I don't need another toon. I have too many already!
  • indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
    indyshark wrote: »
    Do I need to create a new recruit to get all the rewards or can I use my old recruit to get all of them? I don't need another toon. I have too many already!

100% agreed, hence my suggestion: Recruitment Event addition

I think your link it broken. It didn't work for me

• annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    unless there is something earth shattering, I'm going to skip it. the new KDF officer was enough'
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    westmetals wrote: »
    one thing to know... this was true during the original and first replay Delta events, not sure how it will survive the changes, but...

It's actually not possible to earn all of the possible rewards with a single character; you need three. This is because there is a separate reward for completing each story arc, and the three participating factions don't have the same story arcs.

From what they announced, old Delta recruits' task lists will be updated, so there is not a need to make a new Delta if you already have one of that faction.

well im not going to make one of each faction just to satisfy cryptic in gouging players to buy toon only items. it should be universal in terms of rewards just as the klingon event.

There are faction specific tasks like reaching level 10 in admiralty for your faction. You don't need to buy anything to do that.

Fed players also can't play the KDF and Romulan starting arcs, and KDF and Romulan can't play the Fed. You don't need to buy anything to do that either.

That said, those tasks just unlock some minor loot, so if you only create one Delta recruit you don't miss anything significant.
  • wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    Is the Voyager Admiralty card only claimable on the Delta recruit?

It doesn't seem to be reclaimable from the Temporal Agent by other alts.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    The only difference in the Rewards for the three Factions is Story Arc completions unique to that Faction. Those award, I believe 100 Fleet Marks and 1,000 Fleet Dilitium Vouchers. If grinding through two additional Characters for maybe some extra 400 Fleet Marks and 4,000 Fleet Dilithium then have at it.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    The only difference in the Rewards for the three Factions is Story Arc completions unique to that Faction. Those award, I believe 100 Fleet Marks and 1,000 Fleet Dilitium Vouchers. If grinding through two additional Characters for maybe some extra 400 Fleet Marks and 4,000 Fleet Dilithium then have at it.

It's regular dilithium ore, not fleet vouchers.

These rewards need to be increased. Not worth at all for taking that much time. I'm a casual player and do that in less than a few missions of Admiralty/DOFF. Thanks for the advice!
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »

It's regular dilithium ore, not fleet vouchers.

These rewards need to be increased. Not worth at all for taking that much time. I'm a casual player and do that in less than a few missions of Admiralty/DOFF. Thanks for the advice!

Nope. Farmers churn and burn alts already to crank out mountains of dil and EC from the combined set of recruit events, they don't need more.
  • rascally8abbit#2284 rascally8abbit Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    Okay so lets see if I truly grasp this.

1) If you have a Delta recruit from the first time and they have fully maxed out all the things on their tesserac, then the game will add only the additions to the delta recruit from the 1st time. It will not add back in story arcs you have completed but will add new story arcs that weren't present at the time of the delta recruiting event (the original event) Is this correct?

2) If you create a new Delta recruit and already have one on your account, do you other toons get access to all the rewards the second delta recruit creates. For example the Federation Story Arc. If my original Delta toon finished this, does that mean the new delta recruit if they finish it there will be an account-wide rewards for the new recruits completion of the story arc.

3) You have a delta recruit that did not finish the original list of task in the tesserac. If you create a new delta recruit will the original have all the task if didn't complete removed and replaced by the newer ones and will that enable them to claim the special rewards for finishing 1/2 then all of the missions/quests.

So just what happens based on if you have an original Delta recruit already and based on their stage of completion how will impact what the other or new delta recruit can earn account-wide.
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    Okay so lets see if I truly grasp this.

1) If you have a Delta recruit from the first time and they have fully maxed out all the things on their tesserac, then the game will add only the additions to the delta recruit from the 1st time. It will not add back in story arcs you have completed but will add new story arcs that weren't present at the time of the delta recruiting event (the original event) Is this correct?
    Correct
    2) If you create a new Delta recruit and already have one on your account, do you other toons get access to all the rewards the second delta recruit creates. For example the Federation Story Arc. If my original Delta toon finished this, does that mean the new delta recruit if they finish it there will be an account-wide rewards for the new recruits completion of the story arc.
    All your characters will have access to the rewards BUT your Delta Recruits will only have access to the rewards they can get from their own Tesseract.
    3) You have a delta recruit that did not finish the original list of task in the tesserac. If you create a new delta recruit will the original have all the task if didn't complete removed and replaced by the newer ones and will that enable them to claim the special rewards for finishing 1/2 then all of the missions/quests.
    The original DR will have new objectives to complete regardless of they finished the original tasks or not.
    So just what happens based on if you have an original Delta recruit already and based on their stage of completion how will impact what the other or new delta recruit can earn account-wide.
    It will not impact the new Delta Recruits in any way.
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • rascally8abbit#2284 rascally8abbit Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    Thank you.

Too bad can't make a Jem. a Delta Recruit, only KDF, FED and ROM.

Really out of the world, a toon that is aoy, delta, gamma, kdf
This discussion has been closed.