test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Quick question: T6 Experimental Upgrade Token

pulpsmack#4226 pulpsmack Member Posts: 96 Arc User
I apply a T6UT to say... a T6 Risan Corvette. I get the account bonus for all Alts on their T6 Corvettes.

What about the FLEET T6 Risan Corvette? Does the T6UT unlock for ALL T6 Risan Corvettes or do you need a separate token for the T6 AND another one for the T6 FLEET variant?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    Short answer is no... The fleet version of a ship is considered a separate ship...
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    pulpsmack#4226 pulpsmack Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    Unfortunate, but TY for answering
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    crm is correct. The Upgrades only apply to that specific ship type and not Fleet variants as Fleet are considered separate entities.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    darpendragondarpendragon Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    However, if you do upgrade the fleet version, then any other characters that get the same fleet version of the ship will also get the experimental upgrade for free.
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2021
    eazzie wrote: »

"What "class" does the Upgrade affect?

When you upgrade a ship, the upgrade is applied to any ships of that exact type on your account. This means that applying it to a Legendary Pilot Defiant will upgrade that ship on all characters on your account, but will not upgrade a Tier 5 Defiant, for example."

This also treats Fleet versions separate, as one is shown as a Rare ship in Admiralty, the other is Very Rare.

TIPS: To help there likely to be more Events offering Experimental from time-to-time.

Note: Is you have limited Phoenix Packs, be patient and save any Ultra or Epic Tokens. During Phoenix Event Weekends one Ultra gets 2 Experimental. Of course 1 Epic, can also be traded for 2x Ultra's or then 4x Experimental.

Also realize you can if you use Phoenix Packs (Save till you have 40,000 Dilithium and get 10 Pack from Dilithium Store) they also highly useful for Phoenix Upgrades with Uncommon token. Now if you wait for a 2x Upgrade Weekend like we should be seeing within weeks, even better!

But yes save all Experimentals for only Ships that have 11 Consoles. If your doing a T5U Ship, make sure it's the Very Rare version as (many) have a free T5U upgrade and 11 Consoles too, not 10 like the Rare T5U.

Also watch prices on the exchange Experimental sometimes sell for 40-45m; or consider waiting for a sale as 3x are 2000 ZEN, or 1x is 1000x. And during a sale like 20% it drops to about 1600, or slightly less on Black Friday.

Realize you can also sell Dilithium (Buy ZEN) tab on the Exchange to trade for ZEN, but balance how much you sell verse what you need for upgrades too. Find a balance between whom or what is being upgraded, and whom may be focused to help raise ZEN to acquire a few things. :)
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    If you like a ship that you have purchased, (1) run it through until you've earned the trait, (2) set a goal of finishing a Rep to T6 and purchase a "free-ish" fleet ship module, (3) buy the fleet version of said ship, (4) THEN apply your T6-X upgrade (5) and finally rock the virtual star trek world in your cool ship...
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    crm14916 wrote: »
    If you like a ship that you have purchased, (1) run it through until you've earned the trait, (2) set a goal of finishing a Rep to T6 and purchase a "free-ish" fleet ship module, (3) buy the fleet version of said ship, (4) THEN apply your T6-X upgrade (5) and finally rock the virtual star trek world in your cool ship...

assuming, of course that you are IN a fleet and that the fleet is not simply bleeding you dry
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    If you're in a fleet that is bleeding you dry, you're in the wrong one... NoP has invites available, so there should be no issues...
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    Unless Event, Legendary, Lobi, Lockbox, or Promo, Cryptic probably won't be making any Fleet Grade Ships for the C-Store anymore as they won't be producing any further three variant per Faction Bundles.
    Post edited by ltminns on
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    They didn't state that, but unless they are going to do an Alliance three-ship Bundle, it is very, very unlikely of them producing a twelve-ship Bundle.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    ltminns wrote: »
    They didn't state that, but unless they are going to do an Alliance three-ship Bundle, it is very, very unlikely of them producing a twelve-ship Bundle.

I don't think it's necessarily an either/or. Now that we have crossfaction, they could do a three-pack of a single faction (such as a Nova/Equinox/Rhode Island trio) without everyone else saying they got nothing.

EDIT: well of course people would say it but they would be wrong.

Some people would complain if you brought them breakfast in bed with champagne
  • Options
    joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User

A prime snobbish example of why I think the removed faction restrictions for ships is a bad idea: Now that everyone can play everything, people who play Klingons are supposed to be grateful they can fly Federation starships?
    TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    joshmaul wrote: »

A prime snobbish example of why I think the removed faction restrictions for ships is a bad idea: Now that everyone can play everything, people who play Klingons are supposed to be grateful they can fly Federation starships?

Classic over reaction.. good form on the entitlement.. you did a good job getting offended over nothing. Needed a little more of a demanding tone, but a good first attempt..

I give it an 8/10.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    And as I thought we'd likely see another, a Red Alert Event begins next week with a Experimental & Ultimate Upgrade.

That was nice.
    0zxlclk.png
This discussion has been closed.