test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Admiralty failing with 100% success rate?

fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,782 Arc User
This shouldn't be happening, right?

wkFNjPs.png

[4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I've seen it happen with doffing but not admiralty.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Now that is some fuzzy math.
  • eladonwarps#6040 eladonwarps Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    It's back...yeah, it seems to happen. As I understand it, it's something to do with the way the crit rate is calculated separately. I'm terrible at numbers, but points over 100% success rate roll over into the crit% chance, which is good for helping ensure that you crit.

But the crit% RNG seems to have an invisible chance to still roll failure, causing the whole mission to fail. It seems to be about 1 in 100, but it probably varies by how much crit is on a given assignment. I've yet to figure out though if it helps to overstack the crit to prevent it, or if that makes it worse.

I remember it got real bad awhile ago, then seemed to get better, but once in awhile it creeps back in. Keep reporting it and send that screenshot, and it might help them narrow it down.
    Call me "El," she/her only. I love my wife and I don't care who knows it!
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2021
    While a week or two ago I logged this about DOFF missions, where I saw some say Success or Critical Success and were instead being given Acknowledge Report, to receive ZERO rewards.

So it seems it can happen with DOFF missions, and Admiralty. Though more often now with DOFF in the last week since I've been watching often I usually see a Failure or Disaster, then say Collect Rewards. This isn't a problem however because if no rewards, there's just NOTHING to collect unlike the first case, where it says Success or Critical Succes yet gives nothing.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1261089/bug-doff-mission-incorrect-acknowledge-collect-rewards-can-limits-rewards
    0zxlclk.png
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2021
    Well they do try their best to resolve BUGs as they can, and I also try to support them as & when I can.

I'm just thankful & grateful we now have so much to explore &/or do.

Which I'm sure is the case for many, depending on everyone's situation.
    0zxlclk.png
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    This has been 'fixed' more then once. It just seems the fix doesn't work.

No idea if it's still being looked into or not, but it gets reported a lot on reddit so they're likely aware of it.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,713 Community Moderator
    bleh this old bug again eh? i'll forward them a report. borrowing your screenshot btw
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,713 Community Moderator
    I forwarded a report up the chain. For those of you in here that have encountered this bug, can you pass me some character names and your @handle of some effected characters? Also please keep the failed project slotted in the mean time. This will allow them to go in and view some under the hood stuff and what potentially caused it to fail. if you're not comfortable with posting your @handle and character stuff here, feel free to private message it to me. Asking on behalf of the Cryptic team
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,386 Arc User
    It's especially funnier considering it's a Voth ship that failed, since they do have automated defenses systems with their shields thanks to their Reflective Immunity Matrix.
    That's adding insult to the injury for the KDF scientists who asked them to test theirs.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,782 Arc User
    I forwarded a report up the chain. For those of you in here that have encountered this bug, can you pass me some character names and your @handle of some effected characters? Also please keep the failed project slotted in the mean time. This will allow them to go in and view some under the hood stuff and what potentially caused it to fail. if you're not comfortable with posting your @handle and character stuff here, feel free to private message it to me. Asking on behalf of the Cryptic team

I had already collected the rewards when posting this. But I haven't done many other assignments on that character since then.

Character name is Vow Mezel@fleetcaptain5#1134
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • aftulusaftulus Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    It might be because it can round up to 100% and not actually be 100%. I've done mission where it was 1 or 2 points short of max and it said 100%. So there might still be a chance of failure when it says that.

NVM, I saw the post zoomed in a bit more. It had full points.
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    Congratulations! Critical Fail
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
This discussion has been closed.