test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

First Contact Day: Q returns to Picard, and others!

strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
Oh nice seems Q is returning to Star Trek Picard!

I mean I think that's wonderful, and honestly wished we'd see a new Actor, or even Q Junior portrayed in Discovery.

Perhaps I'm just a fan of Q, and/or the Continuum. :o

https://www.startrek.com/firstcontact

Can find your Country's version of the Star Trek Universe at the link above, and see a bit more shown at First Contact Day!
0zxlclk.png
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,386 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    And the teaser (International-folks-friendly, unlike previous links):

"The true final frontier is time."
    32nd century superpowers: "We got it! Banning time travel is a stupid and impossible goal to reach, please stop roasting us about that!"
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    And the teaser (International-folks-friendly, unlike previous links):

"The true final frontier is time."
    32nd century superpowers: "We got it! Banning time travel is a stupid and impossible goal to reach, please stop roasting us about that!"

Just because someone enforces rules doesn't mean that everyone obeys them, stupid rules are meant to be broken and it's not like they can stop anyone from doing the slingshot maneuver, even Kirk himself discovered this form of time travel accidentally.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,386 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    Just because someone enforces rules doesn't mean that everyone obeys them, stupid rules are meant to be broken and it's not like they can stop anyone from doing the slingshot maneuver, even Kirk himself discovered this form of time travel accidentally.
    That's the thing: they can't even enforce those specific rules in the first place since the writers want to make us believe the whole galaxy unanimously decided and succeeded in destroying all time-travel tech, which is, by the nature of the tech and concept itself, downright impossible to do.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    That's the thing: they can't even enforce those specific rules in the first place since the writers want to make us believe the whole galaxy unanimously decided and succeeded in destroying all time-travel tech, which is, by the nature of the tech and concept itself, downright impossible to do.

Not only that... you don't NEED specialized tech to do it. Kirk did it with a captured BoP, a warp drive, and a star to slingshot around at FTL speeds.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    I wonder if Picard season 2 will use time travel to prevent the destruction of Romulus and Remus, seeing as it's one of the few shows that is expanding on the lore and culture of my second favorite trek race the Romulans, also "Time is the true final frontier"-Quote got me thinking but honestly the conspiracy theorist in me wants to believe but I know deep down that they'll probably won't go down this route.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    I am intrigued by the Return of Q, though especially at a time where some Romulan's struggle for independence, among other things.

I never really seen him as the Villian however, though he does challenge, or force us to look at things from new perspectives--not always in ways we may appreciate. I also wonder how he'll deal with the Android, who perhaps holds the Picard consciousness, if that's possible...
    0zxlclk.png
This discussion has been closed.