test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

last time they put a uniform in the C Store...??

keepcalmchiveonkeepcalmchiveon Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
i was just looking at this and it hit me that it has been a long time (I think...correct me if wrong) since they put a good uniform buy in the cstore.
all or most have been behind a box of a sort or lobi only options.

i am sure there are other things and im open to hear what other things have not gotten in the store for people to buy that is not a box or lobi buy. (yes, i know a cpl single ship buys lately, cant recall which ones though)

input, stats, details wanted.

meh

Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• ishigami2ishigami2 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    Its also been until only recently that we have had a new uniform that would qualify for C-store inclusion.

Oh so they added Dr. Crushers Lab Coat or the Romulan Uniforms of Nemesis a long time ago? Nice! Didn't know.
    Need to check right away.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    Or, to be more specific, by what metric are either of those new? Hell, the first one isn't even a uniform.

Well... with the addition of the Ennis Vest... they COULD add Crusher's Lab Coat. Honestly I've been wanting that lab coat for years.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited April 2021
    I always love it when people try to make what they think are witty responses to posts... only to see them fall flat on their face because they don't actually relate to what they are responding to.

Or, to be more specific, by what metric are either of those new? Hell, the first one isn't even a uniform.

Your posts subliminal suggested that Cryptic ran out of material to add to the game instead of being responsible for not adding stuff to the game by simply choosing to not do so.
    Specifically to the Zen store by your own made up rules of "canon appearance" in "prime timeline" and belongs to "playable main faction" and now it needs a "recent appearance" too.
    I pointed your insinuation out as incorrect.

I can also point to the Lobi store item of the "The Wrath of Kahn Captains Vest" as a single piece addition to a Zen store uniform in the game giving precedence that Cryptic did in the past add a single piece item that by itself is not a uniform. I know you going to say "that is not zen store" but that is besides my point.
    My case and point is that the lap coat meets you requirements to be added to the game but is not in the game, at all.

Underlining my point about Cryptic indeed not running out of material to add but rather choosing not to.

It is also currently not possible to exactly replicate the uniforms of the Enterprise crew worn in TRIBBLE.
    They did made some additions to the TRIBBLE uniform to allow players to get closer mainly by making the collar dyeable but especially on the red and blue variants it really doesn't work all that well.
    I would say that is "recent", "playable main faction", "prime timeline" and "canon appearance".
    It is also not really in the game.
    I will now add "worn by hero crew" and "they wait for Strange New Worlds" to the list.
    Because Cryptic knew Strange new World will be made when the uniform appeared in TRIBBLE 2 years ago.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    It depends on what your definition of "is" is.

If you define "uniform" loosely as any outfit worn on duty by Fed, Rom, or KDF crew and shown onscreen in a primary timeline then not every uniform prior to Discovery is in the C-Store and so they had not run out of material. If you assume that, then "Its also been until only recently that we have had a new uniform that would qualify for C-store inclusion" is incorrect.

Is Crusher's lab coat a standard Starfleet uniform for medical personnel. or a personal affectation that Picard tolerated? I have no idea. If it's nonstandard than the more usual definition of "uniform" does not apply. Worf's sash is not part of his Starfleet uniforms either, nor is Ro Laren's earring.

They did put Troi's pajamas and Seven's catsuit in the store, but the thread title and OP say "uniforms" not "any available outfit."

Which is way more thought about this than the topic deserves :) . Why don't we relax and just agree that right now Cryptic does have both outfits and uniforms that they could add?
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    Let's be honest: some things are "relics" of the pre-F2P/pre-lockbox era and simply aren't going in the C-store anymore.

It is abundantly clear at this point that Cryptic is doing the following with uniforms from now on:

1 - give them away for free during special events (like the premier of a new show or movie)

2 - put them in lockboxes or the lobi store

3 - add them as filler for high-priced bundles (monk robe in 2021 legendary bundle)

But the old model of buying a uniform for a couple of bucks in the C-store is clearly over. So, let's not beat around the bush or 'play dumb' like we don't get it :p

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    Let's be honest: some things are "relics" of the pre-F2P/pre-lockbox era and simply aren't going in the C-store anymore.

It is abundantly clear at this point that Cryptic is doing the following with uniforms from now on:

1 - give them away for free during special events (like the premier of a new show or movie)

3 - add them as filler for high-priced bundles (monk robe in 2021 legendary bundle)

But the old model of buying a uniform for a couple of bucks in the C-store is clearly over. So, let's not beat around the bush or 'play dumb' like we don't get it :p

Spot on!

I will still cross my fingers that I will eventually get a Reman Resistance uniform, but I won't hold my breath.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    garaffe wrote: »

Spot on!

I will still cross my fingers that I will eventually get a Reman Resistance uniform, but I won't hold my breath.

That was a missed opportunity to add more value to the Legendary Romulan ship bundle which already includes Reman boffs (for one character).
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    garaffe wrote: »

Spot on!

That was a missed opportunity to add more value to the Legendary Romulan ship bundle which already includes Reman boffs (for one character).

A missed opportunity from the players' perspective, but not from the Devs. Adding a Reman Resistance uniform to the bundle would not have made it sell any better than it did, so by put the extra work into it? From a business perspective, it doesn't make sense to spend dev time creating a uniform unless they think the uniform might tip the balance for people on the verge of buying the bundle.
    I suggest you look up what the word subliminal means, because I don't think it means what you think it means. My post was pretty clear, and direct, the exact opposite of subliminal. That was also not the implication(the word I think you were going for) of my post.

My bad that English is not my mother language. I will correct that from here on out by answering in my mother language. Dann ist es dein Problem wenn es am Verständnis hapert.

Zu schreiben, dass es ja auch erst kürzlich neue Uniformen gab welche sich für den Zen Laden qualifizieren würden unterstellt beiläufig, dass Cryptic mit dem aktuellen Kontingent fertig ist.
    Dem mag tatsächlich so sein aber nur, weil Cryptic es so entschieden hat nicht, weil es nichts mehr zu hinzufügen gäbe.
    Those aren't made up though.

Doch eigentlich sind sie das.
    Als erstes vergisst oder blendest das wichtigste vollkommen aus: Cryptic trifft alle Entscheidungen.
    Sie können wenn sie wollen jederzeit diese Regeln ändern oder Ausnahmen hinzufügen.
    Hier wird immer geschrieben als wäre Cryptic nicht in der Lage sich dagegen zu wehren. Als wären diese Regeln eine Naturgewalt oder von anderen Partei getroffen und auch eine andere Partei wacht über deren Einhaltung.
    Dem ist nicht so. Cryptic ist Legislative, Exekutive und Judikativ in einem. Die gesamte Verantwortung liegt bei ihnen.

Und dann sind die die Regeln eigentlich nicht wirklich bekannt sondern werden nur Geschlussfolgert sie aus dem Ergebnis.

Denn nächsten Absatz überspringe ich mir ist durchaus bekannt was du für die Regeln hältst.
    l
    You pointed out something other then what I said and/or implied was incorrect.

Vielleicht, vielleicht auch nicht.
    Du bist jemand der selbst mir, einem sagen wir mal Gelegenheitsleser, auffällt als einer der laufend Cryptic zur Seite steht und Kritik relativiert auch gerne mal in dem man sich Daten für Statistiken zurechtschiebt, dass sie zur Schlussfolgerung passen. Damit beziehe ich mich auf deine Aufarbeitung zu den Schiffveröffentlichungen.

Hier zum Thema sieht dein Statement doch so aus:

"Gab schon lange nichts mehr im Zen Laden" - > "Gab schon lange nichts mehr was man hätte hinzufügen können"

Ja ne ist klar.
    I wouldn't say that at all, since I never said they couldn't add individual clothing items to the C-store. The only thing I pointed out was that it wasn't a uniform. Uniforms being the subject of the thread.

Genau das meine ich.
    Mal eben schnell die Definition ändern/anpassen und schon passt es ins Weltbild.

Was ist den eine Uniform?
    Ein standardisiertes Kleidungsstück welches die Zugehörigkeit einer Person zu einer Gruppe signalisiert.

Das kann im so ziemlich alles sein solange es standardisiert ist für eine Gruppe.

Um zu bestimmen ob der Laborkittel eine Uniform darstellt muss man also ermitteln ob dieser Kittel von den Kleidungsvorschriften der Sternenflotte als standardisiertes Kleidungsstück vorgesehen wird oder nicht.

Das können wir nicht denn diese fiktiven Regeln wurden so weit mir bekannt niemals veröffentlicht oder überhaupt niedergeschrieben.
    Wir können nur Schlussfolgerungen aus der Serie ziehen.
    Crusher wird so weit mir bewusst niemals in der Serie auf diesen Kittel angesprochen.
    Das könnte entweder bedeuten, dass es sich um ein von der Sternenflotte bereitgestelltes Uniformstück handelt oder, dass Picard es schlicht duldet.
    Das Picard Abweichungen von der Kleidervorschrift duldet könnten wir Schlussfolgern aus der Tatsache das Troi die meiste Zeit keine Uniform trägt obwohl sie einen Rang und eine Position in der Sterneflotte hat und sie direkt von Kapitän Jellico genau darauf angesprochen wird.

Bei Crusher ist das nicht der Fall. Daher kann man das nicht mit Sicherheit sagen.

Du schienst dir natürlich sicher zu sein. Der Laborkittel ist für dich keine Uniform und fertig. Passt.
    Mag für dich Stimmen ist aber halt keine Tatsache.

Das andere Beispiel der romulanischen Uniform aus Nemesis ignorierst du. Passt halt auch nicht ins Weltbild.
    Its also been until only recently that we have had a new uniform that would qualify for C-store inclusion.
    Which is, literally, they only got new material recently. Which the last 3 years or so qualifies as. So again, you're talking to the trees here. the last bit of your post, regarding the DSC Connie uniforms, fits in here also.

Wer macht diese Regeln? Du? Cryptic und du arbeitest da?
    Warum 3 Jahre?
    Und inwiefern passt TRIBBLE Constitution material da mit rein wo es die Uniformen doch gar nicht wirklich im Spiel gibt sondern nur als Notlösung? Noch nicht da, weil es ja so ewig dauert eine Uniform ins spiel zu implementieren oder zu alt und daher bereits irrelevant für den Zen Laden?

Einfach irgendwas erfinden um die Kritik zu relativieren.

Cryptic hat in den letzten Jahren keine neuen Kleidungsstücke dem Zen Landen hinzugefügt obwohl sie dazu Gelegenheit und meiner Meinung nach auch Anlass gehabt hätten.

Absolut berechtigte Kritik die nicht relativiert werden muss.
    Cryptic hat sich offensichtlich aktiv dazu entschieden diese Schiene für den Zen Landen zu vernachlässigen.

Über die Hintergründe dazu kann man nur spekulieren. Mein zynisches ich unterstellt mangelnde Gewinnmargen da nur geringer Anreiz besteht das System mit neuem Zen zu fluten.

Ich halte "gab ja keine neues Material was in Frage kämme" für eine Aussage die ziemlich fürn Arsch ist.

This discussion has been closed.