Where is the CM?

garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
(flame/troll/name and shame removed) - darkbladejk
Post edited by darkbladejk on

Comments

• Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    If you need to reach anyone from Cryptic, you will need to use Reddit or Twitter.

After making a vow to be more active on the 'official forum,' the CM has since left completely. The official site for Star Trek Online is actually r/sto.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    reimu#1706 reimu Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    (flame/troll comment removed) -darkbladejk
  • Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    If you need to reach anyone from Cryptic, you will need to use Reddit or Twitter.

After making a vow to be more active on the 'official forum,' the CM has since left completely. The official site for Star Trek Online is actually r/sto.

That's unfortunate as Reddit does not load/display for me at all. Multiple browsers used, no extensions either and I just get blank white pages when I visit Reddit. Even tried my old laptop and it's the same way. Even tried with a VPN, no difference.

As for Twitter, no thanks. I don't think anyone could pay me enough to use it.

If they aren't going to use the official forums here, they should just shut it down, IMO.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    iamynaught wrote: »
    If they aren't going to use the official forums here, they should just shut it down, IMO.

Like many forums, these are useful for the help, advice and conversation that other players can provide.

Once you accept that official Cryptic voices are absent this is still a worthwhile place to visit, just like the STO Wiki that Cryptic has nothing to do with.

• Options
    iamynaught wrote: »

That's unfortunate as Reddit does not load/display for me at all. Multiple browsers used, no extensions either and I just get blank white pages when I visit Reddit. Even tried my old laptop and it's the same way. Even tried with a VPN, no difference.

As for Twitter, no thanks. I don't think anyone could pay me enough to use it.

I don't like it either, I have a reddit account, I browse but seldom post.

Twitter is just a big no.. I hate it, but the one upside is you can read the twitter feed without an account so at least you can get news and stuff.

I share your wish that they would use the 'official forum,' but they choose to maintain the site just to not use it. You can still get news and updates here pretty reliably but it's just because a dedicated few choose to collect the information and re-post it here. The community is the only thing that keeps this site from being completely abandoned.
  • Options
    I understand that this is not the priority for Crytpic, but I think it is still reasonable to expect the CM to at least respond to questions from the players and to make important posts, like announcing a new ship, in a timely manner.

I am not asking him to respond to questions immediately, or to read through all the posts on the forums, but if a players wants clarification on an event, or an inaccuracy in the patch notes, the CM should at least respond. It takes all of 30 seconds.
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User

He hasn't been active on Reddit lately either.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    (flame/troll post removed) -darkbladejk
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    (redacted material quote removed) - darkbladejk

He is apparently also the CM for Champions Online. He posts all the blogs over there like he does here(not on the forums, mind you, but on that game's site):

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/champions-online/news/query

He also actually hosts in game costume contests for the game:

https://www.twitch.tv/crypticstudios/clip/CloudyDeliciousPigeonDatBoi-QXRwvIPQrmqBGyg0

I'm not sure what involvement he has with other Cryptic/PW games.

I don't know if it's a matter of him being "spread too thin" between multiple games, or something... "else". And we will probably never know the full story either.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    To be entirely honest, I don't blame @ambassadorkael#6946 for not engaging with the STO community. He is aparently still getting paid, so if he can get paid while doing less work, why not? The STO community doesn't really care, except for a few voices on the forums. If they did, they would demand Cryptic do something about it by not buying Zen, but the vast majority of the community seem very content with the way things are with STO and Cryptic right now because they keep throwing money at the game.
  • Options
    chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    (flame/troll post removed) - darkbladejk

• Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    (flame/troll post removed) - darkbladejk
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    and that's enough out of this flame fest. Cryptic isn't going to respond to every single thread or every single question as they simply don't have the time. Simply because you didn't get an answer to your question in writing on the forums doesn't mean they didn't see it. they are not your personal genies to get you anything you want in game, nor are they obligated to answer every single post that comes up. Some of you need to dial it way back. If you've got an issue with a Cryptic employee, flaming rant threads like this aren't how you solve it. /closed
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.