test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

📢 The Reddit/Twitter dev tracker thread 📢

Comments

• foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User

Because the question came up a lot on the stream, I'm gonna add that there currently are not any plans to make any bridge interiors with these assets, the devs are only building these new interior pieces for future missions and such.

Well of course it's a shame about no future plans for any more ship interiors, but not unexpected.

That being said, those are some nice crisp shots of the hallway.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2021
    Because the question came up a lot on the stream, I'm gonna add that there currently are not any plans to make any bridge interiors with these assets, the devs are only building these new interior pieces for future missions and such.

Well of course it's a shame about no future plans for any more ship interiors, but not unexpected.

Yea I agree it would be AMAZING if Federation Ship Interior's got refitted/updated to use this in Federation Interior Hallways in 2410. I think it looks wonderful!

The one thing I've always LONG wished for is updating Ten Forward, Captain's Quarter's, and Captain's Ready Room; to use more placed items in those three rooms using the Trophy Mechanic even if we had to buy Trophies with GPL & Dilithium! Then if you could change various Workstations, Sofa, Table Chairs, Chair, Pet Bed/Fish Tank, Artifact, Book Shelves, Musical Instruments, Paintings, Area Rugs, and could slowly add several or slowly expand them. It also be nice to see a return to (some) missions unlock other Trophies from time to time, like they did at one time to place in those 3 rooms depending on your faction interior. <3

eKwJKul.png

I've always wanted to be able to show a bit more of the Captain's personality on my Ships.

Time to go watch their twitch by google 'twitch' & 'cryptic studios'

Still I think this is likely for a new Mission, or several (in fact) using it for Ships, Starbases as they said; and it's using a Modular Design, as I suggested to this forum (4-5 year ago) for Ship Interiors! Kudos and looks amazing from what I've seen so far... ...getting really excited to see the full potential this will eventually give them.

Great update, and so nice to see! o:)
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png

Yea I agree it would be AMAZING if Federation Ship Interior's got refitted/updated to use this in Federation Interior Hallways in 2410. I think it looks wonderful!

The one thing I've always LONG wished for is updating Ten Forward, Captain's Quarter's, and Captain's Ready Room; to use more placed items in those three rooms using the Trophy Mechanic even if we had to buy Trophies with GPL & Dilithium! Then if you could change various Workstations, Sofa, Table Chairs, Chair, Pet Bed/Fish Tank, Artifact, Book Shelves, Musical Instruments, Paintings, Area Rugs, and could slowly add several or slowly expand them. It also be nice to see a return to (some) missions unlock other Trophies from time to time, like they did at one time to place in those 3 rooms depending on your faction interior. <3

eKwJKul.png

I've always wanted to be able to show a bit more of the Captain's personality on my Ships.

Still I think this is likely for a new Mission, or several (in fact) using it for Ships, Starbases as they said; and it's using a Modular Design, as I suggested to this forum (4-5 year ago) for Ship Interiors! Kudos and looks amazing from what I've seen so far... ...getting really excited to see the full potential this will eventually give them.

I've sort of always wanted my ship's interior to be a very minor fleet starbase of sorts, just a few rooms, with all the possible amenities like you mentioned: "Then if you could change various Workstations, Sofa, Table Chairs, Chair, Pet Bed/Fish Tank, Artifact, Book Shelves, Musical Instruments, Paintings, Area Rugs," something to personalize it.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2021

eKwJKul.png

I've sort of always wanted my ship's interior to be a very minor fleet starbase of sorts, just a few rooms, with all the possible amenities like you mentioned: "Then if you could change various Workstations, Sofa, Table Chairs, Chair, Pet Bed/Fish Tank, Artifact, Book Shelves, Musical Instruments, Paintings, Area Rugs," something to personalize it.

Yea it's nice to see them finally trying to introduce Modular (Design) more often, I suggested it for Starship Interiors as it provide a lot more flexibility back in the day. Despite that I like Starship Interiors, the topic came up in that or another thread at the time, people wanted missions on Starships a bit more often; as more of the shows were focused there. Still it was nice to see them explain all the benefits they are realizing, including changing the appearance adjusting a few textures, or replacing how sections look, or even how they are laid out.

I don't know if they'll ever apply or extend this to Starship Interiors, yet the flexibility of Modular design is so vast!

I suspect the main focus is Missions, for visiting various Ships, or smaller Space Stations as explained; yet has potential to do more as well... I think this is extremely good news, regardless how they fully choose to utilize it! <3

So hopefully they continue this trend. 11 of out 10 Stars! One of the best updates, in a long time!
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,478 Arc User
    Make of it what you want folks. A extremely late (and well done) April fools joke or the real deal. You decide! :)

pjxgwS8.jpg
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    Well, given it was posted on the 2nd...I wouldn't call that EXTREMELY late, but it probably is a joke.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • eladonwarps#6040 eladonwarps Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    Hmm... Or, to be nitpicky, posted at 11:59pm on the 1st makes it still the 1st. So possibly joke.

Or this is what Kael meant when he said he was nervous about the 1st landing on a Thursday and what he had to announce.

So maybe he dressed up a real announcement like a last minute joke so that he technically made the reveal on the 1st as he needed to. And leaned into it because of the years of teasing on that particular ship.

He spent all day fending off jokes about Oberth being the 6th ship to "date" for the blog gag.

Lotta people saying it matches the usual placeholder registry numbers Cryptic normally uses, and based off a real VOY concept art they left behind.
    Call me "El," she/her only. I love my wife and I don't care who knows it!
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    foxman00 wrote: »
    Make of it what you want folks. A extremely late (and well done) April fools joke or the real deal. You decide! :)

Looks legit, but I'm absolutely shocked that that thing is getting the T6 treatment before the Nova ... the Nova is a beautiful ship with a similar design style to the Sovereign class and was strong enough to survive being stranded in the Delta quadrant for years, while the Oberth is an absolutely hideous design on a ship that instantly explodes when hit by a single shot meant to disable it.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,101 Arc User

Looks legit, but I'm absolutely shocked that that thing is getting the T6 treatment before the Nova ... the Nova is a beautiful ship with a similar design style to the Sovereign class and was strong enough to survive being stranded in the Delta quadrant for years, while the Oberth is an absolutely hideous design on a ship that instantly explodes when hit by a single shot meant to disable it.

Posted at 11:59 PM on 4/1 = Legit?? I'd say it's an end of day April Fools joke.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    If it IS a real ship, I like the look more than the canon 2370s version if they clean it up a bit. It probably is a joke though, if you look closely at the picture the forward saucer section is just a separate piece shoved into place and nothing matches up.

If they merged it into one peanut/flattened pear-shaped unit with the "saucer" detailing making a kind of infinity-sign shape it would be a great design reminiscent of some of the organic curved stuff Jefferies used in TOS design (like the shuttle that supposed to be used but they didn't have the time or budget to build it).

Posted at 11:59 PM on 4/1 = Legit?? I'd say it's an end of day April Fools joke.

I highly doubt that, I think it's more likely that it was scheduled to be announced yesterday but Kael was scared people wouldn't believe it on April 1st (especially considering his attitude towards the Oberth), so he waited until the last possible minute that it could be announced without being late.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,971 Community Moderator
    Wait... that was what Voyager could have looked like?
    Glad they went with the Intrepid honestly.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)

It'll be interesting to see whenever these patch notes are & if the stated improvement will translate into a noticeable trait effectiveness. I remember during the livestream that Borticus stated about how the trait's time duration doesn't get lengthened but the damage of the trait does with each further hit, or something like that. I've read a few "grumblings" about it being lackluster in-game chat but since I haven't bought it yet didn't really worry about it. Of course if the patch notes to improve the trait release after the end of the D7 sale I doubt it will matter much. lol

For anyone that's already bought the D7 bundle & opened-up the captain boosting box, are Letheans part of the BOFFs, & if so do they have the Efficient trait?

I was happily surprised it didn't take Cryptic a whole year to re-introduce the Q's Winter Wonderland manuals & modules though after they took them out of game.
    reyan01 wrote: »

Yeah another round of Deltas for PC beginning April 15th which is good but Cryptic has acknowledged that they're aware many want Temporal recruits & yet Cryptic hasn't yet or won't because of drivel excuses/reasons.

I think there's a fair chance STO will get a repeat of the KDF recruitment at this pace before a 2nd Temporal recruitment.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,971 Community Moderator
    edited April 2021
    Unless they're going to go in order, which means Delta, then Temporal if I recall correctly. I think they did say that we were in for some Recruit reruns this year. And with Klingons having their own Recruits now... Cryptic may feel more willing to run Temporal since that one was pretty much Fed Exclusive. Balance has been achieved... now the Temporal Recruit can return. *sage pose*

Just a theory anyways on the Klingon/Temporal relationship.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited April 2021
    I think there's a fair chance STO will get a repeat of the KDF recruitment at this pace before a 2nd Temporal recruitment.

It's been confirmed that Temporal Recruit IS happening this year, and we were also already told that Temporal would NOT be the first rerun of the year.
    eaY7Xxu.png
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Unless they're going to go in order, which means Delta, then Temporal if I recall correctly. I think they did say that we were in for some Recruit reruns this year. And with Klingons having their own Recruits now... Cryptic may feel more willing to run Temporal since that one was pretty much Fed Exclusive. Balance has been achieved... now the Temporal Recruit can return. *sage pose*

Just a theory anyways on the Klingon/Temporal relationship.

It's been confirmed that Temporal Recruit IS happening this year, and we were also already told that Temporal would NOT be the first rerun of the year.

Hopefully both of your pieces of the puzzle align properly & accurately, fingers crossed.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Considering Tu'vok has the Voyager now, I'm not sure if there'd be a particularly interesting/exciting role for her character in the Prime Universe now. The Mirror Universe, however, I could definitely see Mirror-Janeway going on a rampage as she pillages the Delta Quadrant. It could probably be tied into the return of Mirror-Leeta somehow(reinforcements from the Delta Quadrant or something).

Plundering the Krenim for their temporal technology; Stealing Voth Phasic Cloaking tech; Developing Fluidic Energy Lances from dissecting 8472/Undine ships; Rapid regenerative armor/shields from Borg; 'improving' agony/enslavement tech with Devore anti-telepath systems; and the list goes on..

Mirror Temporal Science Destroyer Intrepid, anyone?

Kate Mulgrew was great in Dragon Age Origins, Dragon Age II, and Dragon Age: Inquisition as Flemeth, aka The Witch of the Wild. It wouldn't be a stretch for her to play as the Mirror Universe version of her character.

Anyways, Admiral Janeway popped up in a blog where she invited Seven of Nine to the Jupiter Shipyards about a special project.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User

Kate Mulgrew was great in Dragon Age Origins, Dragon Age II, and Dragon Age: Inquisition as Flemeth, aka The Witch of the Wild. It wouldn't be a stretch for her to play as the Mirror Universe version of her character.

Anyways, Admiral Janeway popped up in a blog where she invited Seven of Nine to the Jupiter Shipyards about a special project.
    Mirror Janeway, voiced by Mulgrew and lines written by SFDebris' Chuck Sonnenburg, to make it perfect.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
    PC Captains are getting an early preview of our remastered Azure Nebula and The Vault Ensnared. Enjoy, and let us know what you think!

Hmm, "early preview" makes it sound like they aren't finished with it and maybe didn't intend for the update to go live yet.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,101 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    PC Captains are getting an early preview of our remastered Azure Nebula and The Vault Ensnared. Enjoy, and let us know what you think!

Translation: Someone accidently clicked the wrong option on the last 'Live' build (and our build verifiers and QA dept. missed that); and two unfinished WIP TFO remasters were included when they shouldn't have been and rolling this back is too much of a hassle...ENJOY!
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
    edited April 2021

Translation: Someone accidently clicked the wrong option on the last 'Live' build (and our build verifiers and QA dept. missed that); and two unfinished WIP TFO remasters were included when they shouldn't have been and rolling this back is too much of a hassle...ENJOY!

I might be too naïve on such things but don't these type of things go to that test server Tribble first before landing on the main server Holodeck?
    Hmm, "early preview" makes it sound like they aren't finished with it and maybe didn't intend for the update to go live yet.
    That would be my guess. Both show clear signs of not being 100% done.
    -Jarok replaced Mivek in Azure Nebula, but she has no VA work.
    -Mivek's VA for when you free a ship still plays, even though she is no longer in the TFO.
    -They added new dialog for the Reman ships you free in Vault Ensnared, but the Remans have no VA.
    -Obisek has little to no VA work for Vault Ensnared.
    -The cutscene with Obisek talking about the Vault weavers being defeated, and the Tholian Capital Ship incoming, doesn't play.

All the gameplay/texture/model updates seem done, they just haven't gotten to putting in VA work, or new cutscenes yet.

Bummer, 1 of my favorite Cryptic characters, imo too underused, is that Obisek. I think he has a compelling storyline.
  • athan#5519 athan Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited April 2021

I'm sorry but if they are going to have the sheer amount of bugs (or issues) on costumes we have to deal with, the easiest solution is to stop making so many restrictions with the tailor options. Standardize the colors, if you unlock the costume, have it unlocked and accessible. If things worked very well, then it wouldn't be an issue, but we all have had to deal with things like trying to change the color of a certain item, and it changes the colors of a different costume item somewhere above or below. Lines on character's necks, inability to find the item and where it's classed as, and etc. Not to mention the annoyance with the color palate for so many various pieces.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    edited April 2021

I'm sorry but if they are going to have the sheer amount of bugs (or issues) on costumes we have to deal with, the easiest solution is to stop making so many restrictions with the tailor options. Standardize the colors, if you unlock the costume, have it unlocked and accessible. If things worked very well, then it wouldn't be an issue, but we all have had to deal with things like trying to change the color of a certain item, and it changes the colors of a different costume item somewhere above or below. Lines on character's necks, inability to find the item and where it's classed as, and etc. Not to mention the annoyance with the color palate for so many various pieces.

That is what is called in the industry "refactoring" (while that word is usually used for code refactoring it can apply to other digital assets as well in this sort of situation), and is one of the most expensive and labor intensive things that can be done.

Going forward they might be able to make all new stuff that does not contain any of the older parts or anything from outside sources compatible like that, but most likely none of the already existing assets can be made compatible with that new standard without being completely recreated from scratch. Doing that with a decade's worth of clothing, hair, and all the rest would take a tremendous amount of time, especially since a lot of the people who made the original stuff are no longer in the company or are off in different divisions.

You would be surprised how much different a base color can look with all of the detail/shading/scattering layers and whatnot over it that goes into realistic looking clothing. Even using one of those continuously variable color blocks does not always help because the other layers often make matching the base colors of two different items pretty non-intuitive (if it is even possible to match them at all).

There are a few "low hanging fruit" things they might be able to do though, like for instance it probably would not be too difficult to add the blue-gray skin tone from TAS to the Orions just from way the pallet seems to work for their skin tones, and a few other quick tweaks.
    Post edited by phoenixc#0738 on