yuki109yuki109 Member Posts: 92 Arc User
come on it's the coolest looking shuttle and it isn't in the game
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• livinlifejb90#4082 livinlifejb90 Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    And a Type 11 please
    gQytlm7.jpg
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    They do have a lot of shuttles that can be added to the game, including the ENT era Shuttlepod, the Type 6 Shuttle from TNG, and the shuttle from ST5. Problem is... lack of content to fly them in, and apparently most people don't want to fly shuttles. They want their T6 ships in everything.

Me? I actually like shuttle events because I always enjoyed Shuttle Fleet Alert. Having 20 shuttles swarm capital ships was entertaining, and I always busted out the Star Fox music while in my Aeon. Shuttle Fleet Alert was I think the ONLY 20 man that would reliably pop when it was available.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    They do have a lot of shuttles that can be added to the game, including the ENT era Shuttlepod, the Type 6 Shuttle from TNG, and the shuttle from ST5. Problem is... lack of content to fly them in, and apparently most people don't want to fly shuttles. They want their T6 ships in everything.

Me? I actually like shuttle events because I always enjoyed Shuttle Fleet Alert. Having 20 shuttles swarm capital ships was entertaining, and I always busted out the Star Fox music while in my Aeon. Shuttle Fleet Alert was I think the ONLY 20 man that would reliably pop when it was available.

isn't the ST5 shuttle just the one they used in TNG (well one of them) but with different nacelles?
    Similar in design to the Type 6 from TNG, but... not quite. I kinda wanna say that it has more in common with the Class C from Discovery.
    The ST5 shuttle's back end may be like the Type 6, but it feels longer.

db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    If they do make type 9 shuttles for the game they would make good fighters since they have more phasers, microphoton tubes, and an extra tough tritanium hull instead of the lighter duranium hulls most shuttles have.
    I don't know if they still exist in game, but Type 9s were an NPC in a couple maps involving major facilities, like the Utopia Planitia Shipyards in the old version of the KDF mission with the attack on the shipyards.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2021
    And a Type 11 please

Actually I'm surprised, as there are quite a few shuttles we haven't seen in game.

I agree with @rattler2 I'd love to see a mission or two added in time, or even perhaps a new shuttle TFO introduced! If they allowed you do 1-2 of the missions, or allowed you to complete any TFO that required a shuttle/pod/runabout for completion, so a bit more choice as they are now allowing for several Events. :)

This includes all shuttle craft/pod, not fighters, but includes runabouts, seen since TNG or Movies, along with DS9, and Voyager. So yes Type 9, 11, Argo are at least 3 perhaps worthy of attention given all Warp Capable vessels. I also think in at least one episode of DS9 while the Defiant was just a Prototype, they claimed Type 18 very limited Warp capabilities; only sustained when launched from a ship while at warp though, and for a very limited time.

SLs6nzS.png

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Type_18_shuttlepod

Once (back in the day) I had just wanted to see what they all looked like together, to show a bit of Federation history, since I hadn't seen anybody try that before...

https://startrekships.tumblr.com/post/71971396434/edison-class-shuttlefighter-by-ryan-dening-for
    ╘ This site I came across 1 day, shows interesting concept art, from various sources regarding Federation Shuttles / Runabouts.

<3
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
    That Danube in the picture seems stretched, I seem to recall the Danube being taller compared to its length.
    As far as adding more of them, I just don't see the point. Shuttle combat is awful and no amount of tweaking can fix flying around in ships that fragile and ineffectual.

Uh... compared to a T6 starship? Um... what point are you trying to make? Shuttles aren't meant to fight cap ships on their own...
    edited April 2021
    spiritborn wrote: »
    That Danube in the picture seems stretched, I seem to recall the Danube being taller compared to its length.

Don't see a difference myself, it is quite long though. The 'Command Pod' of Danube Runabout is about same size as ARGO; its about 2/5th of the it's overall length.

https://youtu.be/tKbuS84RMtQ

Yet it seems perhaps, a few others just don't like Shuttles, or missions or TFO's in them. :'(

While I don't want most missions to feature them, but every now and then (and it's been long while) years in fact since a shuttle mission, or Shuttle TFO was added! I think a new shuttle mission, or new TFO could expand choices for what to do when a Shuttle Event occurs. Though I admit it's also been a very long time since the last Shuttle Event, just be nice to break the more regular routine; still that's my opinion and I stand behind it.

You can visit a Danube on Defera in the Ground Combat Base Camp.
    0zxlclk.png
  • edrickvellorinedrickvellorin Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    The TNG Type 6 shuttle was a modification of the Galileo-type shuttle from Star Trek V. (Galileo-type isn't an official class, but is what it's called on Memory Alpha.) I wouldn't mind more shuttles and shuttle content.
    edited April 2021
    I think that's the point. ITS NOT A FULL SIZE STARSHIP!

You are basically comparing a bicycle to an M1 Abrams Main Battle Tank and expecting them to give the same performance. Hell... the Kobayashi Maru freighter goes up to T4, which doesn't make it comparable to a shuttle in the first place! Apples to Oranges!

How can you expect a shuttle to have the same hull and shields as something many, MANY times bigger? That's basically trying to say that the X-Wing should have the same firepower and durability as an Imperial Star Destroyer because the ISD is superior.

The fun of shuttles is that you can't just throw everything on. You have to choose. Do you want to try and augment what weapons you have? Or do you throw on the full Cardassian console set for shenanigans? Do you want that Point Defense console? Or do you want to carry a big honkin' cruise missile Point Defense Bombardment Warhead?

Therein likes the fun and the challenge. Its something different.
    Yea... so? How do you make something smaller than a T1 starship?

They're having to work with the mechanics they have, and you're close to bashing them over it. *shrug*
    Do what you can with what you got. And I still wanna see a return of the Shuttle Event, because I LOVE seeing 20 players swarm things in shuttles.
    I actually had fun flying shuttles. Gave me a reason to bust out the Star Fox music. And Shuttle Fleet Alert was fun, and probably one of the only 20 man queues that would pop back in the day.

And I think we're hitting a point where we can go back and forth all day, going into areas that are probably best left to people who know how the game is built better than we do to determine how things work and definitions of fun which can vary from person to person.

Some people actually enjoy the limited space on a shuttle because its a challenge. The problem is we only have... what? Two missions total story wise where we need one? Or is it just one since Op Gamma is not in the main story anymore? The only one I think we can agree on is that TFO with the Elachi walkers attacking a Romulan colony. That one I feel needs work because five shuttles against all those walkers and shuttles... you're bound to blow up way too much because there's too many enemies. It feels more like it should be a 20 man rather than a 5 man.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    The type 9 is not bad, it would be nice to see in the game, but even nicer would be the shuttle that was supposed to be in TOS but that they did not have the time or budget to build:
    JefferiesShuttlePhoto.jpg
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Some people actually enjoy the limited space on a shuttle because its a challenge. The problem is we only have... what? Two missions total story wise where we need one? Or is it just one since Op Gamma is not in the main story anymore? The only one I think we can agree on is that TFO with the Elachi walkers attacking a Romulan colony. That one I feel needs work because five shuttles against all those walkers and shuttles... you're bound to blow up way too much because there's too many enemies. It feels more like it should be a 20 man rather than a 5 man.

Yea I agree wholehearted with this.

I also thought verse the Elachi it be good for this to change to 10.

Still I found it interesting in another thread, someone also shared our views a bit where they said, "Like I say, shuttles in the game seem to have been abandoned. We used to have all these shuttle events, but now they're just throwaways in the early missions. ... And I don't know, maybe existing shuttles could be rereleased, like a Delta Flyer that could release an escape that caused a distraction like Herren's did in "Good Shepherd", or came with impulse thrusters."

Yellowstone to my knowledge is the only one with an Impulse Engine with a special ability similar to Eject Warp Plasma. I don't know if they'll ever given similar abilities to other shuttles, but you can equip the Yellowstone Impulse in others. :)

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1261259/will-we-be-getting-sevens-fenris-rangers-ship

My only point is in every mission we do Space in our Starships, yet many also have ground components. It be nice if they updated shuttle missions to include both a Space & Ground component. Remember Sphere Ground Battlezone isn't a full away team but 1-2 other officers, so why not do that on shuttle missions when revamping the 1-2 we have or adding a New One?

(I remember where Miles and Julian along with Dax were Miniaturized then two had to beam down to find a component: it inspired the mini Danube we see from one of the REPs,)

I have to think Cryptic could do this to revise one or two of the shuttle missions; and love to see the Lost Domion ARC redone. Though adding one new 5 or 10 person shuttle be interesting to give more choice in a future Shuttle Event.

Especially if there were more Space & Ground components to them for sure!
    0zxlclk.png
    Yeah there isn't any reason to add shuttles to the game at the moment due how few times they're used. That said it would be lovely to have mission where did sneak up to enemy base with a bunch of shuttles and had to use them to damage/destroy as many docked enemy ships as possible before the enemy can bring their cap ships to bear on you. That or having to take a out a specific ship (or ships) before the enemy is alerted to your presence.

In fact that could be a nice mission for the end of the Klingon Civil War arc, we take out J'mpok's super weapon via a shuttle mission then face him in a conventional fight now that he can't use that weapon against us.
  • kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    I was just having this conversation about Seven's Ferris ship. I just wish shuttles would make a comeback.

The Cochrane, Admiral Janeway's...I'd just love shuttles not to be just throwaway and to have missions and games to play with them.
    Yes I think there's many who also agree (a silent majority rarely if ever post to forums) it seems.

Still I wish they'd revise Shuttle Missions or Shuttle TFO's to have a Ground Component as well. If it's a mission you have your yourself, plus 2 Bridge officers. Similar to what occurs in Sphere Ground Battlezone. TFO's you wouldn't need them as you'd have 4 other Captain's with you.

Still I'd love to see just one new Shuttle Mission, perhaps even 1 addition TFO. Be nice to see the odd Shuttle Event now and again perhaps every 4-6 months. It breaks up the usual stuff, and thought they missed out on great story's beaming down from Shuttle Missions.
    0zxlclk.png
  • kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    strathkin wrote: »
    Yes I think there's many who also agree (a silent majority rarely if ever post to forums) it seems.

Still I wish they'd revise Shuttle Missions or Shuttle TFO's to have a Ground Component as well. If it's a mission you have your yourself, plus 2 Bridge officers. Similar to what occurs in Sphere Ground Battlezone. TFO's you wouldn't need them as you'd have 4 other Captain's with you.

Still I'd love to see just one new Shuttle Mission, perhaps even 1 addition TFO. Be nice to see the odd Shuttle Event now and again perhaps every 4-6 months. It breaks up the usual stuff, and thought they missed out on great story's beaming down from Shuttle Missions.

I'm actually surprised STO hasn't obliterated the...two episodes that use shuttles. They've retired some terrific ones already, but where shuttles are such throwaways, unless they give us something to do with them, then they might as well right them off.

I'd LOVE some shuttle missions and more fun shuttles to fly, but what can you do is STO don't see the potential in doing it?

Instead of "The Fastest Game On Ice", I'd love a shuttle race, like in that episode of Voyager...or just something. Anything.
  • diocletian#7546 diocletian Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    I would like to see more shuttle content. My TOS type F is all equipped up to do some daredevil flying and bold rescue missions. The only chances I had is in the one side story arc missions around DS9 and the other where you sneak into the Vault.

A shuttle race like from the one in Voyager episode would be fun! Maybe get Tom Paris to sponsor it!
  • felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    The type 9 is not bad, it would be nice to see in the game, but even nicer would be the shuttle that was supposed to be in TOS but that they did not have the time or budget to build

I always got the impression that the nacelles were supposed to fold down in that shuttle. Looks cool either way, and should certainly be in the game.
This discussion has been closed.