test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

First Contact Mission bugged

doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,188 Arc User
Couldn't do anything with somebody else but 2 other guys were in this mission twice ...

firstcontact-bug.png
C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.

Comments

• pacelli1pacelli1 Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    Yep, its been happening randomly since the event started. Sometimes one line is completely empty. Sometimes there is a different name in your slot. When that happens, you are completely unable to participate in the mission. I mean, yes, you still get the daily progress, but if I'm going to to do the event, I actually want to do it.
  • stealthbatstealthbat Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    I also have encountered this problem. I hope they fix this issue soon.
    pUbrLkr.jpg
    U.S.S. Lens Flare
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2021
    I just did one that was BUGGED, my purple pack had shown their name not mine.

Yet I continued to collect rocket parts; despite being unable to see what quality I had gathered! As the person who had their name listed twice, as did another both mostly decided soon after starting to not even try seeing there name twice...

So the person who I shared a name with only got one green stabilizer, and there rocket wobbled a lot on take off and exploded soon after.

Despite it showing another name in my Purple spot, my Rocket made it more than 400 distance, despite it also showed only a green Stabilizer. Yet I do recall I had one of each Purple's, as I never even had to return to the work bench before even adjusting parts. I adjusted parts anyways...

So if you see your name twice still do it, your rocket will go further based on the color on your back.

My name didn't appear, and yet my rocket still made over 400+ distance based on what was on my back. It makes it easier in fact to get a good score, even though your name doesn't show up. :p

Not that it changes the reward in any way, still wish they'd FIX this!

@ambassadorkael#6946
    ╘ hope that provides some insight where the problem may reside, as it does recall your parts collected (color) on backpack. :)
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,455 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    I decided to play the First Contact Day Reenactment TFO today. When I did it at 11:56 PM EST, I encountered the bug where I was at my magenta workbench with the magenta backpack but one character who did not have the name of Sarek Grayson had both the workbench I was at and the red workbench I was not at. Thankfully, I was able to get credit and collect my rewards. After collecting my rewards, InvalidEntityName appeared at the end of the rocket launches. Previously, when playing this event this bug did not happen to me. Tonight, it did. Please fix this Cryptic! Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • zateron#9297 zateron Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    This is the most annoying glitch. At first I was bothered by it, then eventually I was cynically amused at how frequent, and I've kind of teetered on amusement, and annoyance since.
    Constant, daily. Nearly every round of First Contact Day rockets is glitched with replacing a player with another player's name doubled leaving the player that is replaced with nothing to do but watch the others.
    Much of it is badly lagging worse than anything else I've ever played in STO. The parts found not counting, piles not being ready after dropping parts off. The woman's voice (extremely annoying) and late to inform you of what you already know after the fact over and over. Forest fires? Where? Extra large sum of parts? Where? The entire game (as much as I love the map) is a mess. The three chances to search in a pile is often out of sync. There's no strategy at acquiring a specific part - engine, hull, or stabilizer. When going to as many piles as possible for a specific part doesn't allow you to find it even if going to every pile of that part over, and over. Seemingly absolutely no reason to do anything since there is no way to get three magenta parts but with pure luck.
    So yes, the glitch on top of all of that makes this quite the mess.