test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Delta Quadrant Wants You!

2»

Comments

  • paddy#3322 paddy Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    paddy#3322 wrote: »
    leemwatson wrote: »
    paddy#3322 wrote: »
    Since I've read several posts about creating Delta recruits for each faction, I was wondering why captains feel the need to do that. As I understand it, and from my experience in game, all of your alts gain the rewards earned by the various recruits regardless of factions. Is this more of a game immersion experience or is there some benefit from creating multiple alts during these events?

    When I checked my old Delta recruit I found that he's still running an old build, with out of date consoles, untouched reputations, and likely lots of new missions and arcs to complete. I'll wait until the event starts to bring him back up to speed.

    You need to have all 3 to gain ALL possible rewards, which do stack up when claimed on a fresh non-recruit toon. Those extra marks and stuff help loads.

    Well, that's my question. What SPECIFIC rewards are different for each faction? I ask because my only Delta toon was Fed and he completed all of the required missions. The rewards garnered have been collected by all of my other toons, including Klingon and Romulan.

    So, you're saying that there are different Delta rewards for each faction. Is there a list of that somewhere? Thank you in advance.

    Try this link, should contain all the info: https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Delta_Recruitment
    Full details of changes might not be there just yet, but changes I would expect to be equivalent.

    Thanks for posting the link. I had read that before asking my question in this thread and still don't see where the rewards are different for each faction. Perhaps @ambassadorkael#6946 might have some insight. Until I read differently I'll just stick with my sole Delta Recruit and go from there. Grinding two extra recruits, when I'm still not done everything with my current KDF Recruit, is not an undertaking I wish to start.
  • midniteshadow7midniteshadow7 Member Posts: 782 Arc User
    paddy#3322 wrote: »
    paddy#3322 wrote: »
    leemwatson wrote: »
    paddy#3322 wrote: »
    Since I've read several posts about creating Delta recruits for each faction, I was wondering why captains feel the need to do that. As I understand it, and from my experience in game, all of your alts gain the rewards earned by the various recruits regardless of factions. Is this more of a game immersion experience or is there some benefit from creating multiple alts during these events?

    When I checked my old Delta recruit I found that he's still running an old build, with out of date consoles, untouched reputations, and likely lots of new missions and arcs to complete. I'll wait until the event starts to bring him back up to speed.

    You need to have all 3 to gain ALL possible rewards, which do stack up when claimed on a fresh non-recruit toon. Those extra marks and stuff help loads.

    Well, that's my question. What SPECIFIC rewards are different for each faction? I ask because my only Delta toon was Fed and he completed all of the required missions. The rewards garnered have been collected by all of my other toons, including Klingon and Romulan.

    So, you're saying that there are different Delta rewards for each faction. Is there a list of that somewhere? Thank you in advance.

    Try this link, should contain all the info: https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Delta_Recruitment
    Full details of changes might not be there just yet, but changes I would expect to be equivalent.

    Thanks for posting the link. I had read that before asking my question in this thread and still don't see where the rewards are different for each faction. Perhaps @ambassadorkael#6946 might have some insight. Until I read differently I'll just stick with my sole Delta Recruit and go from there. Grinding two extra recruits, when I'm still not done everything with my current KDF Recruit, is not an undertaking I wish to start.

    Under the "Delta Recruit and account rewards" section - the Delta Recruit Reward is what your recruit gets, the Account Reward is what your non-Delta Recruit characters get once they hit level 20+ (some unlock at different levels).

    Missions where you get technology/information, you unlock a box where you can select what marks you want for your Delta Recruit (See "Missions involved" section. If I recall correctly, rewards for those are on your recruit only.
  • paddy#3322 paddy Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    paddy#3322 wrote: »
    paddy#3322 wrote: »
    leemwatson wrote: »
    paddy#3322 wrote: »
    Since I've read several posts about creating Delta recruits for each faction, I was wondering why captains feel the need to do that. As I understand it, and from my experience in game, all of your alts gain the rewards earned by the various recruits regardless of factions. Is this more of a game immersion experience or is there some benefit from creating multiple alts during these events?

    When I checked my old Delta recruit I found that he's still running an old build, with out of date consoles, untouched reputations, and likely lots of new missions and arcs to complete. I'll wait until the event starts to bring him back up to speed.

    You need to have all 3 to gain ALL possible rewards, which do stack up when claimed on a fresh non-recruit toon. Those extra marks and stuff help loads.

    Well, that's my question. What SPECIFIC rewards are different for each faction? I ask because my only Delta toon was Fed and he completed all of the required missions. The rewards garnered have been collected by all of my other toons, including Klingon and Romulan.

    So, you're saying that there are different Delta rewards for each faction. Is there a list of that somewhere? Thank you in advance.

    Try this link, should contain all the info: https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Delta_Recruitment
    Full details of changes might not be there just yet, but changes I would expect to be equivalent.

    Thanks for posting the link. I had read that before asking my question in this thread and still don't see where the rewards are different for each faction. Perhaps @ambassadorkael#6946 might have some insight. Until I read differently I'll just stick with my sole Delta Recruit and go from there. Grinding two extra recruits, when I'm still not done everything with my current KDF Recruit, is not an undertaking I wish to start.

    Under the "Delta Recruit and account rewards" section - the Delta Recruit Reward is what your recruit gets, the Account Reward is what your non-Delta Recruit characters get once they hit level 20+ (some unlock at different levels).

    Missions where you get technology/information, you unlock a box where you can select what marks you want for your Delta Recruit (See "Missions involved" section. If I recall correctly, rewards for those are on your recruit only.

    Yes. I completed the Delta Event and am aware of the rewards. All factions get the same thing so no need to grind three more alts for a new event.

    Slainte.
  • westmetalswestmetals Member Posts: 7,561 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    paddy#3322 wrote: »
    leemwatson wrote: »
    paddy#3322 wrote: »
    Since I've read several posts about creating Delta recruits for each faction, I was wondering why captains feel the need to do that. As I understand it, and from my experience in game, all of your alts gain the rewards earned by the various recruits regardless of factions. Is this more of a game immersion experience or is there some benefit from creating multiple alts during these events?

    When I checked my old Delta recruit I found that he's still running an old build, with out of date consoles, untouched reputations, and likely lots of new missions and arcs to complete. I'll wait until the event starts to bring him back up to speed.

    You need to have all 3 to gain ALL possible rewards, which do stack up when claimed on a fresh non-recruit toon. Those extra marks and stuff help loads.

    Well, that's my question. What SPECIFIC rewards are different for each faction? I ask because my only Delta toon was Fed and he completed all of the required missions. The rewards garnered have been collected by all of my other toons, including Klingon and Romulan.

    So, you're saying that there are different Delta rewards for each faction. Is there a list of that somewhere? Thank you in advance.

    What you're looking for is this:

    There is a reward packet for each completed story arc (up to and including the Solanae Dyson Sphere arc).

    However each of the three factions have different story arcs prior to that, meaning that your Fed character did not do the story arcs that are available to Klingons and/or Romulans that are not available to Feds.

    The non-story-arc rewards are however identical, and since they are account-unlocks which you can only unlock once, you would not gain anything account-wide for completing those again.
  • totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    paddy#3322 wrote: »
    leemwatson wrote: »
    paddy#3322 wrote: »
    Since I've read several posts about creating Delta recruits for each faction, I was wondering why captains feel the need to do that. As I understand it, and from my experience in game, all of your alts gain the rewards earned by the various recruits regardless of factions. Is this more of a game immersion experience or is there some benefit from creating multiple alts during these events?

    When I checked my old Delta recruit I found that he's still running an old build, with out of date consoles, untouched reputations, and likely lots of new missions and arcs to complete. I'll wait until the event starts to bring him back up to speed.

    You need to have all 3 to gain ALL possible rewards, which do stack up when claimed on a fresh non-recruit toon. Those extra marks and stuff help loads.

    Well, that's my question. What SPECIFIC rewards are different for each faction? I ask because my only Delta toon was Fed and he completed all of the required missions. The rewards garnered have been collected by all of my other toons, including Klingon and Romulan.

    So, you're saying that there are different Delta rewards for each faction. Is there a list of that somewhere? Thank you in advance.

    What you're looking for is this:

    There is a reward packet for each completed story arc (up to and including the Solanae Dyson Sphere arc).

    However each of the three factions have different story arcs prior to that, meaning that your Fed character did not do the story arcs that are available to Klingons and/or Romulans that are not available to Feds.

    The non-story-arc rewards are however identical, and since they are account-unlocks which you can only unlock once, you would not gain anything account-wide for completing those again.

    Is there something new to do or gain if you already have done a fed a kdf and a rom?
  • tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,793 Arc User
    You could play Dominion faction, they have a different storyline.
    But when you’ve played all four factions, there’s nothing new to experience and each character just repeats what has already been done once,

    Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 892 Arc User
    sthe91 wrote: »
    seannewboy wrote: »
    How do you recognize old delta recruits?

    They have a delta triangle on the character select page.

    The triangle may not appear till after you've logged that character in. Mine hadn't been touched in a couple of years (or more) and that was the case for me. On logging out, it was there for all to see.
  • westmetalswestmetals Member Posts: 7,561 Arc User
    totenmet wrote: »
    westmetals wrote: »
    paddy#3322 wrote: »
    leemwatson wrote: »
    paddy#3322 wrote: »
    Since I've read several posts about creating Delta recruits for each faction, I was wondering why captains feel the need to do that. As I understand it, and from my experience in game, all of your alts gain the rewards earned by the various recruits regardless of factions. Is this more of a game immersion experience or is there some benefit from creating multiple alts during these events?

    When I checked my old Delta recruit I found that he's still running an old build, with out of date consoles, untouched reputations, and likely lots of new missions and arcs to complete. I'll wait until the event starts to bring him back up to speed.

    You need to have all 3 to gain ALL possible rewards, which do stack up when claimed on a fresh non-recruit toon. Those extra marks and stuff help loads.

    Well, that's my question. What SPECIFIC rewards are different for each faction? I ask because my only Delta toon was Fed and he completed all of the required missions. The rewards garnered have been collected by all of my other toons, including Klingon and Romulan.

    So, you're saying that there are different Delta rewards for each faction. Is there a list of that somewhere? Thank you in advance.

    What you're looking for is this:

    There is a reward packet for each completed story arc (up to and including the Solanae Dyson Sphere arc).

    However each of the three factions have different story arcs prior to that, meaning that your Fed character did not do the story arcs that are available to Klingons and/or Romulans that are not available to Feds.

    The non-story-arc rewards are however identical, and since they are account-unlocks which you can only unlock once, you would not gain anything account-wide for completing those again.

    Is there something new to do or gain if you already have done a fed a kdf and a rom?

    I haven't looked at the revised version of the event; I was referring to the original version.
  • f9thretxcf9thretxc Member Posts: 485 Arc User
    f9thretxc wrote: »
    Awesome! Will we get a character slot for the new recruit? I only ask, as if not, I'll be sure to cash out and delete a toon or two.

    All accounts were given an extra slot for the recruit on the original event - the extra slot remained when new accounts were created afterward, so it is unlikely a new slot will be awarded again.

    I have a suspicion, that you are probably right.
    My mother always told me to walk away from a fight, The Marines taught me how.
  • leemwatsonleemwatson Member Posts: 4,533 Arc User
    totenmet wrote: »
    westmetals wrote: »
    paddy#3322 wrote: »
    leemwatson wrote: »
    paddy#3322 wrote: »
    Since I've read several posts about creating Delta recruits for each faction, I was wondering why captains feel the need to do that. As I understand it, and from my experience in game, all of your alts gain the rewards earned by the various recruits regardless of factions. Is this more of a game immersion experience or is there some benefit from creating multiple alts during these events?

    When I checked my old Delta recruit I found that he's still running an old build, with out of date consoles, untouched reputations, and likely lots of new missions and arcs to complete. I'll wait until the event starts to bring him back up to speed.

    You need to have all 3 to gain ALL possible rewards, which do stack up when claimed on a fresh non-recruit toon. Those extra marks and stuff help loads.

    Well, that's my question. What SPECIFIC rewards are different for each faction? I ask because my only Delta toon was Fed and he completed all of the required missions. The rewards garnered have been collected by all of my other toons, including Klingon and Romulan.

    So, you're saying that there are different Delta rewards for each faction. Is there a list of that somewhere? Thank you in advance.

    What you're looking for is this:

    There is a reward packet for each completed story arc (up to and including the Solanae Dyson Sphere arc).

    However each of the three factions have different story arcs prior to that, meaning that your Fed character did not do the story arcs that are available to Klingons and/or Romulans that are not available to Feds.

    The non-story-arc rewards are however identical, and since they are account-unlocks which you can only unlock once, you would not gain anything account-wide for completing those again.

    Is there something new to do or gain if you already have done a fed a kdf and a rom?

    There are new rewards added, so old Delta toons can still earn them,
    "You don't want to patrol!? You don't want to escort!? You don't want to defend the Federation's Starbases!? Then why are you flying my Starships!? If you were a Klingon you'd be killed on the spot, but lucky for you.....you WERE in Starfleet. Let's see how New Zealand Penal Colony suits you." Adm A. Necheyev.
  • dkeith2011dkeith2011 Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    Will Deltas from the original event who never completed all the goals because of mission removal get updated to the new missions or be stuck forever?
  • midniteshadow7midniteshadow7 Member Posts: 782 Arc User
    dkeith2011 wrote: »
    Will Deltas from the original event who never completed all the goals because of mission removal get updated to the new missions or be stuck forever?

    They are replacing some objectives with new ones - If you have not completed the old ones, you'll just have the new ones plus the remaining old ones to complete.

    Having only finished all three of my Deltas in the past few months (finally), many objectives were hard to get as those missions are no longer in the main story arc. The new event should be fixing that.
  • grmtrix#4732 grmtrix Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited April 2021
    Spam removed - rattler
    Post edited by rattler2 on
  • dkeith2011dkeith2011 Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    dkeith2011 wrote: »
    Will Deltas from the original event who never completed all the goals because of mission removal get updated to the new missions or be stuck forever?

    They are replacing some objectives with new ones - If you have not completed the old ones, you'll just have the new ones plus the remaining old ones to complete.

    Having only finished all three of my Deltas in the past few months (finally), many objectives were hard to get as those missions are no longer in the main story arc. The new event should be fixing that.

    Good.

  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,508 Arc User
    sthe91 wrote: »
    I am glad for the Delta Recruit rerun. Last time when they last had a rerun I did not create a Klingon or Romulan. This time I am going to create another Klingon character for the Delta Recruit and if I have another free slot a Romulan Delta Recruit.

    That's my plan, too. I just hope I have the time to finish the tutorials for both.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 2,019 Arc User
    I just hope I have the time to finish the tutorials for both.
    You get the Tesseract Transponders pretty early on in each tutorial, so as long as you manage to claim them, you'll be set.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,702 Arc User
    I just hope I have the time to finish the tutorials for both.
    You get the Tesseract Transponders pretty early on in each tutorial, so as long as you manage to claim them, you'll be set.

    You say that but I still have a KDF toon stuck in a holodeck tutorial purgatory even though I have the Tesseract Communications Receiver so if at possible I'd complete the tutorial.

    Then again I'm hoping Cryptic rearranging a bit this Newest Delta recruitment will free my original KDF Delta, if not going to have to delete & remake.
Sign In or Register to comment.