test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

If you made a Nova bundle exactly like the D7, would you buy it?

Comments

• husanakxhusanakx Member Posts: 1,593 Arc User
    Yes
    ltminns wrote: »
    What would you have, an Instant 65 Federation Renegade Captain?

C-Store Ship by itself.

That's actually not a bad idea. They could include a Evil EMH boff. And some type of jump console that runs on spirits of good fortune. lol
  • husanakxhusanakx Member Posts: 1,593 Arc User
    Yes
    reyan01 wrote: »
    husanakx wrote: »
    It should have a T6 for sure... I really don't know what Cryptic has been thinking not getting it out for sale. Its a lot of peoples favorite fed ship.

Yes I admit I would buy it in a heart beat in any format. It should be sci raider spec like the T'pau. I am not sure it would have enough skins for Cryptic to sell it as a Legendary. However ya imo its a legendary ship. It didn't have a show built around it no... but it was piloted by Harry Kim in the future, and if you ask most folks that watched Voyager to list the best looking ships from that show. The Equinox will be on everyones short list.

Before T6 I Flew the nova a lot. I have mostly switched to the T'pau now as it flies much the same... but I would much rather be flying a Nova.

I still fly it on my oldest character and only ever 'swap out' of it to obtain new traits etc. It has been my primary 'go-to' ship for somewhere around nine years now.

That's the sad thing about all this though - I have no intention of sidelining my Nova, but the awful model quality becomes increasingly difficult to ignore when you look at the numerous new models and ships (some of which have enjoyed two quality passes) it ends up parked/fighting alongside.
    And whilst I do still feel it can be a pretty effective Science ship in it's own right, its impossible not to think 'this is great, but my Intrepid/Pathfinder or Titan could do it better'.

Eitherway, hopefully 2022 I guess?

Cryptic went and threw a bunch of stupid fed ships into the big "Klingon" legendary pack. If they where going to do that they should have at least throw in a Fed ship people wanted. That would have been a good place to put a Nova. If they where trying to temp people that still didn't want to play KDF that would have been a good ship to go with. Its not one of the big hero ships... but its still infamous if not legendary.

As greedy as Cryptic is... they always seem to miss the obvious, this would sell you more stuffs like that.
  • ishigami2ishigami2 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    No
    Hell no.

I'm against these types of packs.
    I would not mind them if Cryptic would also sell the ships alone but Cryptic is not doing that because they are whale hunting.

I bought the D7 because it is an iconic ship and I was in the privilege position to reduce the price for myself to basically 10$ with the sale, Dilithium exchange and life time Zen.

Other ships are not worth that.
    I passed on the ridiculous 11th anniversary pack and on the Romulan pack for precisely this reason. Cryptic can stick the fluff which they use to jack up the price diagonally into their arses.

The packs I do own are the (basic) 10th anniversary, Gamma Vanguard and now the Klingon.
    Only the Gamma and (basic) 10th I consider good packs with good value (when on sale ofc).
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    No
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Honestly...the Nova is not my Jam. I would 100% support the making of the T6 Nova for this game...whatever form it is...but I'm not buying anymore feddie bear ships.

Well, sadly, the number of people saying that in this very thread does give some credibility to Kael's statement (in the last Nova thread I made) "Again, we've released a few of the "most clamored for" ships in the past few years, and they haven't done as well as some ships that I've been told "nobody asked for."

In otherwords, plenty of players saying they support Cryptic making the ship for those who want it, but wouldn't buy it themselves. Unfortunately, goodwill doesn't sell ships and this 'show of support for those who want it' really isn't as helpful as those saying it think it is.

With respect, you can't expect people to buy a ship they don't want. This is why I think a 4-faction ship pack is the way to go. That way there is something for everyone who likes sci ships.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    No, bundles are a waste
    garaffe wrote: »
    Honestly...the Nova is not my Jam. I would 100% support the making of the T6 Nova for this game...whatever form it is...but I'm not buying anymore feddie bear ships.

Well, sadly, the number of people saying that in this very thread does give some credibility to Kael's statement (in the last Nova thread I made) "Again, we've released a few of the "most clamored for" ships in the past few years, and they haven't done as well as some ships that I've been told "nobody asked for."

In otherwords, plenty of players saying they support Cryptic making the ship for those who want it, but wouldn't buy it themselves. Unfortunately, goodwill doesn't sell ships and this 'show of support for those who want it' really isn't as helpful as those saying it think it is.

With respect, you can't expect people to buy a ship they don't want. This is why I think a 4-faction ship pack is the way to go. That way there is something for everyone who likes sci ships.

Those faction packs are no longer viable though since most of the time they are essentially just different faction skins over the same internals. Buying one of those is more or less buying the same ship three or four times now that everyone can fly anything. They would have to have actually different ships in each for it to make sense nowadays.
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    No

Then the problem is the question itself. If the goal was to get a high "yes" vote that Cryptic would notice, the question should have been "should they MAKE a t6 Nova?"(which implies, even if incorrectly, that those voting "yes" want one), instead of specifically asking do YOU (individually) want one.

But unfortunately asking the question the way they did probably hurt the effort more than helped it. And tying it to the legendary bundle was an even worse wording, because even some people who want the ship don't want it that way.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • cirran1cirran1 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    No
    I personally don't like the Nova so for me, no. I wonder why I taste Lemons after reading this thread.

Cirran
  • xorvxorv Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    No
    If it was a ship I really liked and my played characters would actually use I would buy it with my stored up Zen. but I have no played Fed characters and don't fly Fed ships, so clearly no in this case of the Nova. Might have considered the Legendary B'rel if it was packaged alone.

Also, the level to 65 thing is completely worthless, even as a new player I wouldn't put any value on that. Cryptic needs to stop with the bundling of things most of us already have or don't want and pretending it adds some kind of value to the bundle. It's just insulting. It's like going to buy an over priced used car and the salesman saying "I know it's a bit expensive, but the previous owners left a hat and new tube of toothpaste in the trunk that you'll also own should you buy the car. Isn't that a great deal!" You may have been thinking of paying more than you should if you really liked the car but after that pitch you're entirely put off by the whole thing.
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    No
    garaffe wrote: »

Those faction packs are no longer viable though since most of the time they are essentially just different faction skins over the same internals. Buying one of those is more or less buying the same ship three or four times now that everyone can fly anything. They would have to have actually different ships in each for it to make sense nowadays.

This is exactly the argument that we non-Fed players have been worried about ever since cross faction flying. Why make a Rom or KDF or Dom version of a shiny new Fed ship? "Y'all Romulans/Klinks/Jems will be happy flying around in an immersion breaking, theme destroying fed ship." "No need to make a non-Fed skin for non-Fed captains."

I am not coming at you Pheonix because you make a very valid point. I am simply trying to point out that this is what we have been worried about. My only counter is, they won't be getting my money unless I see a Romulan ship, and even then it is only guaranteed to open my wallet if it is a nice Sci ship.
  • kharliskharlis Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    I like Pie
    Apple, peach, cherry, blueberry or sweet potato! Yeah! Pie!!!

Please make these people their T6 Nova already!!!
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    No
    "No", because it does not belong in a Legendary bundle and because giving it away in such a bundle would be more detrimental than anything else.
    Yes, those that love the Nova would buy it, but everyone else would probably turn to other science ships available in the C-Store for a much cheaper price. And this, in turn, would just reinforce their idiotic rethoric of "people that wants the ship are just a vocal minority", (though they ain't such a minority when a TRIBBLE ton of money's on the table, eh?).

However, and it's a big however, I'll buy it from the C-Store the moment they finally decided to put it there, even if I don't really need/care for it.
    Why? Simple: because this charade has gone on long enough and people deserves to be able to fly the ship they love, instead of waiting years for it while watching others ships (sometimes even a couple of years old ships, like the Andromeda that really didn't need to have any more time spent on it) take precedents over the Nova even if they were just "background ships" (like the New Orleans).

TL;DR: a Legendary Bundle for the Nova would be counterproductive, but a T6 version for the usual 3k Zen in the C-Store is way overdue and I'll buy it as soon as it's available. And Cryptic really needs to pull their head out of their asses and stop prioritizing ships just because Thomas likes them while conveniently forgetting the ones he doesn't because "there's only a vocal minority that wants them".
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    No
    TL;DR: a Legendary Bundle for the Nova would be counterproductive, but a T6 version for the usual 3k Zen in the C-Store is way overdue and I'll buy it as soon as it's available. And Cryptic really needs to pull their head out of their asses and stop prioritizing ships just because Thomas likes them while conveniently forgetting the ones he doesn't because "there's only a vocal minority that wants them".

Pretty much this. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised to see them make a T6 Nova and put it in an overpriced bundle just so they can have it fail and say they were right. It sounds stupid, it sounds ridiculous and unimaginable.. but honestly, it would go along with the obvious bias they have shown toward the Nova in the past. As Ryan pointed out, they even took 2 polls, the Nova won them both and they made all the other ships instead.

Simply put, for whatever reason, the developers do not want a T6 Nova. It sounds crazy since there is absolutely no logical reason for it.. if a ship would sell, money is money.. but for some reason the only ships getting new models are 'pet projects' based on the developers personal preferences.

Putting this ship in a bloat bundle would be an absolutely horrible idea.. and it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see them do exactly that. :disappointed:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    No
    I voted 'NO' but not 100% certain just like with most things.

Also, for context I haven't bought this current Legendary D7 Bundle yet but may.

I think the ship is good enough, but I don't enjoy buying items/services I won't use or make good use of so the "fluff" in most of Cryptic's bundles is what holds me back from purchasing usually nowadays & that's what Cryptic likes to do it seems.

To me, it illustrates that Cryptic doesn't believe enough nor have the confidence in their ships to sell mostly alone, or realize enough players will pay a much higher price for a little bit more so credit to Cryptic.

I think the whole "Captain Boosting" is highly overrated & valued, make the "fluff" items like the suite of gear selectable instead of preselected & that would be lots more enticing. Cryptic has inched their way better in allowing us to select our Skill Points & Specialization Points, but if Cryptic is selecting our gear for us then that's really a half measure & Cryptic should go Full Monty in allowing players to choose what gear we will use, within a spectrum of options of course.
    No

Pretty much this. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised to see them make a T6 Nova and put it in an overpriced bundle just so they can have it fail and say they were right. It sounds stupid, it sounds ridiculous and unimaginable.. but honestly, it would go along with the obvious bias they have shown toward the Nova in the past. As Ryan pointed out, they even took 2 polls, the Nova won them both and they made all the other ships instead.

Simply put, for whatever reason, the developers do not want a T6 Nova. It sounds crazy since there is absolutely no logical reason for it.. if a ship would sell, money is money.. but for some reason the only ships getting new models are 'pet projects' based on the developers personal preferences.

Putting this ship in a bloat bundle would be an absolutely horrible idea.. and it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see them do exactly that. :disappointed:

Pretty much, yeah. And as we said in another thread: it makes absolutely no sense for them to be doing this. Especially not when they go on and on about how they make ships that sell to justify the time and resources spent on them. So, once again: why spend time and resources on something that you're making with the sole purpose of NOT having it sell?
    kv1Ohsx.png

- quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • diocletian#7546 diocletian Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    No, bundles are a waste
    No, bundles are a waste for me

I have passed on all the bundles, because they are inflated in price with things that do not interest me. I want just the ship.

If the T6 Nova were offered just as a C-store ship, I would buy it for sure. But, if it were offered in a bundle with character upgrades and the like, no.

As much as I am interested in a D7 or a T’Liss, I passed on the legendary bundles, because I did not want to pay extra for the items that come in addition to the ship.
    No
    @reyan01 I was actually talking about the Steamrunner one, but it doesn't matter: unfortunately, what was said there is applicable, more than!, here.

As for Kael's disappearance, it doesn't surprise me one bit, to be honest. And I seriously think the few posts he made were just because he thought we'd stop "being mean" about it. Evidently, he thinks our memories are as short as his is. Too bad for him that's not the case.
    Or he simply cba to do the job he's getting paid to do. Either way, he's not cut out for it and it shows. Boy, does it shows.

And you're right: it is pathetic AND sad. But most of all, it's unfair. Seriously, "the customer is always right" is an extremely flawed statement, but we are still the ones that are keeping the lights on because we support this game through our wallet. If the devs decisions squander that support by making ships just because they like them, not caring one bit if they're gonna sell or not, then having them preach to us about how "we make ships that are projected to sell" is not only pathetic and sad. It's straight out lying.
    kv1Ohsx.png

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    No
    That's true.. Kael's 'increased activity' on the forum was basically just taking a steaming dump on the Nova and disappearing again. I mean, I think we all knew his 'improved communication' wouldn't last.. but it's interesting that the one thing that brought him here briefly was to shoot down the Nova.

That' tells you all you need to know about why this ship has never been made.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    I like Pie
    Banana creme, peanut butter, or lemon meringue are my faves ;)
  • ussvaliant2#1952 ussvaliant2 Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    Yes
    The Nova could quite easily be a 2 ship pack bundle where you get the Equinox Science ship version and a Rhode Island tactical version as Harry Kim's ship went toe to toe with 2 Negh'Var class starships.
    https://i.imgur.com/r6F7yxj.jpeg
  • leemwatsonleemwatson Member Posts: 5,343 Arc User
    No, bundles are a waste
    No.. Don't ever want it in a bundle. I already have the Legendary Intrepid, so have no need for another 3/3 Sci ship, which the Nova will not be better than because the Intrepid is the superior Sci ship next to the Nova.
    "You don't want to patrol!? You don't want to escort!? You don't want to defend the Federation's Starbases!? Then why are you flying my Starships!? If you were a Klingon you'd be killed on the spot, but lucky for you.....you WERE in Starfleet. Let's see how New Zealand Penal Colony suits you." Adm A. Necheyev.
    edited April 2021
    No
    Well - apparently Kael said, during the livestream, that there is a new ship reveal/announcement incoming. No doubt whatsoever regarding what it WON'T be.

Probably fairly safe to assume the T6 Oberth is coming sooner than was assumed.

Meanwhile, ANOTHER Nova thread appears on Reddit:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/mmfb47/cryptic_how_about_a_legendary_t6_nova_captain/

Yeah, Oberth seems to be the best bet.

As for the Nova thread: good thing there's nothing he can do on Reddit to close that one down, though I'm mighty curious to see if he's gonna get involved at all.
    kv1Ohsx.png

No
    Well - apparently Kael said, during the livestream, that there is a new ship reveal/announcement incoming. No doubt whatsoever regarding what it WON'T be.

Probably fairly safe to assume the T6 Oberth is coming sooner than was assumed.

Meanwhile, ANOTHER Nova thread appears on Reddit:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/mmfb47/cryptic_how_about_a_legendary_t6_nova_captain/

Yeah, Oberth seems to be the best bet.

As for the Nova thread: good thing there's nothing he can do on Reddit to close that one down, though I'm mighty curious to see if he's gonna get involved at all.

Again, whilst I guess its good that those who want a T6/quality pass Oberth may well be getting what the want I can't help but think back to the poll from 2017:
    21st October 2017
    T6 Vor'cha
    27.8%

T6 Nova
    30.8%

T6 Oberth
    12.9%

T6 Ambassador
    28.5%

442 votes·Final results

If the incoming ship reveal IS the Oberth it means that the only ship from that poll that isn't in-game is the ship that won the poll.

Also, Marrone once made the excuse, during a Podcast, that making it was about "finding the right time". Well, Delta Recruit Event perhaps? Or the fact that a Crowdfunded Voyager documentary is in the works?
    Why exactly is it the "right time" for the Oberth? Or the Steamrunner?

Lets be honest, where the Nova is concerned, they're only good at finding reasons to continue to ignore it.

You're not wrong. And you know what? I'd appreciate it much more if they just said something like "we know you like it, but the ship is ugly and no one on the team wants to work on it because everyone hates it".
    Idiotic as it would be, at least it would be honest, you know?

But these excuses are just stupid on so many levels and they do absolutely nothing for their reputation.
    kv1Ohsx.png

• alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Yes
    How would it be a ship reveal if they already said a T6 Oberth is coming up? Or a T6 steamrunner? or a revamped T6 Galaxy? Probably some other ship, likely federation, and very clearly not a Nova or Nova revamp.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    No
    No, I don't like the Nova much, but I do prefer it to the Oberth, which is downright fugly.

What I would really like to see, on the subject of older Fed Science Vessels revamped, is a T6 Olympic, specifically the Horizon-class variant. My Fed Science captain currently flies a Fleet Retro with X-upgrade, and it is surprisingly formidable.
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    No
    Space claw! Yay a silly gimmick ship!
This discussion has been closed.