test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Δ Delta Recruit event is back Δ

Comments

• darknovasc01darknovasc01 Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    tmassx wrote: »
    I'd rather have a gamma recruit. Because I didn't do a Jem'hadar.
    J'H is definitely worth it. In space they are still required for a few very nice J'H ships to become account-accessible. On ground, they get cloak, Ketracel boost, a J'H polaron-specific ground weapon consumable booster (unsure how effective it is). Vanguard J'H starter set is very cheap too in Z-Store when a sale is on.
    Why do we have a 2nd re-run of the Delta Recruit and none so far for the Temporal Agent?

I'm missing that on alt account somehow, and could really use the reputation equipment UR quality upgrade unlock - unless that was part of some other recruitment event.

People who missed the Temporal recruitment are always asking for a re-run because it is the one event that leaves you are at a serious disadvantage relative to other players if you missed it, with the UR upgrade to reputation equipment and some of the rewards.

With the excuses the devs keep giving not to run it, and then they turn around and run other events again, I think they decided the rewards were too generous for this one and are happy to leave some of the playerbase gimped if it means they have to keep earning and burning more dilithium.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    With the excuses the devs keep giving not to run it, and then they turn around and run other events again, I think they decided the rewards were too generous for this one and are happy to leave some of the playerbase gimped if it means they have to keep earning and burning more dilithium.

No, Kael has confirmed that the Temporal Recruitment WILL get a rerun later this year. That's why the TOS episodes recently had the film grain effect removed, and some small changes were made to the TOS Connie.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    Why do we have a 2nd re-run of the Delta Recruit and none so far for the Temporal Agent?

Mostly because AoY is Federation-only and the "anti-feddie" crowd riot every time it is suggested, and the devs have mentioned that they are hesitant to repeat a single-faction event as long as the others don't have one.

While the Klingon recruit thing should dampen that down a bit there is still the problem that the Romulans don't have any recruitment events except Delta, though they could be added to AoY easily enough (either as spies masquerading as Vulcans or Romulan nationals sponsored by and partially raised as Vulcans like Savvik) with a few cutscene changes for those characters (it happens in 2270 so everyone knows the Vulcans and Romulans are just different ethnicities of the same people) and dumping them off at the flotilla instead of ESD (though they would probably have to be limited to Rom-Fed because of database issues, as well as making any sense plot wise).

Also, CBS could be a stumbling block to adding Romulans since they apparently have a hissyfit over the idea of Romulans with access to TOS uniforms and ships (like the AoY starter ship).

The other problem with AoY is that it might take a lot more work to get it ready since more of the missions it depended on were trashed than the Delta ones, and unlike Delta they would be starting with the original event code rather than the already revamped once Delta.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,017 Community Moderator
    Also, I did the FED one when it first happened, 6 years ago. Do the other 2 sides have stuff the FED side does not get? o.o

Reward boxes for doing the faction specific missions. So might be a good time to make a KDF and Rom Delta so you can get those for doing the arcs Feds can't touch.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Also, I did the FED one when it first happened, 6 years ago. Do the other 2 sides have stuff the FED side does not get? o.o

Reward boxes for doing the faction specific missions. So might be a good time to make a KDF and Rom Delta so you can get those for doing the arcs Feds can't touch.

Plus you get to help Sela murder space bunnies with a Thalaron weapon!

(It was a fun change of pace to pick all the evil options for that episode after being a goody two-shoes in earlier playthroughs.)
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2021
    Now I can make Fed and KDF ones, they're the only two delta recruits that I'm missing.

Yea I'm missing the Federation and Romulan ones. Perhaps I'll do maybe one of them, just not sure it worth it as 90% is completed doing one fully. That's a lot of extra work for 5% more doing two other types. :o

Still I thought I'd heard people stating lately since they redid several of the Klingon Missions, in BUG REPORTS some people who perhaps revisited their Klingon Delta Recruits haven't been able to claim some of the Rewards. My guess was the consolidated Klingon Missions, likely still had the Delta device expecting more probes or something else.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1261179/delta-recruit-reward-unclaimable

I can't really say, as I claimed all my original rewards for my Klingon ∆ Recruit so long ago to unlock them, so it didn't effort my Klingon recruit claiming the Delta Rewards. But Klingons will need Delta Recruits objectives updated for sure!

So hopefully they consider that for the patch priority within the next 2-6 weeks to update the device.
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
    edited April 2021
    strathkin wrote: »
    Now I can make Fed and KDF ones, they're the only two delta recruits that I'm missing.

Heheh, yea I'm missing the Federation and Romulan ones. Perhaps I'll do maybe one of them.

Still I thought I'd heard people stating lately since they redid several of the Klingon Missions, in BUG REPORTS some people haven't been able to claim some of the Rewards. My guess was the consolidated Klingon Missions, likely still had the Delta device looking for more probes or something else.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1261179/delta-recruit-reward-unclaimable

I can't really say, as I claimed all my original rewards for my Klingon ∆ Recruit so long ago to unlock them. Only recently however I suspect several have tried on their Klingons, but with several of the Klingon Story revised or consolidated, perhaps they need to address this. This won't apply to people who Had Klingon Delta's done and finished before the Klingon story changes.

So hopefully they consider that for the patch priority within the next 2-4 weeks to update the device.

They might not have rolled out the mission fixes for the revised Delta yet, it might still be in testing.

Also, the updating of the available status for recruits can be erratic. I had to do a map transfer yesterday before I could claim the tech upgrades after upgrading the KDF recruit batleth to Mark XV.

• garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    I am happy to see the Delta event re-running, even though I already have a delta recruit assimilated Romulan captain. I will probably not create a new recruit because I just recently created a new captain, and don't feel like leveling up another one anytime soon.

Even though I am an "anti-feddie" Reman, I would welcome a re-run of the Temporal recruit event, provided that Klinks and Romulans are added. I usually prefer to play a Reman, but I would make an exception for a Temporal recruit Rom.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    It's great that they are re-running this for those that missed it.

It's even better that I don't have to do it and don't have to feel like I am missing out on anything. :lol:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • lordgabelordgabe Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    Nice to see the recruit events cycle back in, may as well make a Klingon for it as i have a fed at 100% already :smile: but really want Gamma event to come back asap! Made a character for the first but made the mistake of not completing there intro mission and getting the device :neutral: but sure it'll be back now i just have to wait!
    But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet, Tread softly because you tread on my dreams
    W.B. Yeats

Lifer since beta its never been so good! So now can everyone chill this game is going in the right direction :P
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    lordgabe wrote: »
    Nice to see the recruit events cycle back in, may as well make a Klingon for it as i have a fed at 100% already :smile: but really want Gamma event to come back asap! Made a character for the first but made the mistake of not completing there intro mission and getting the device :neutral: but sure it'll be back now i just have to wait!

It would be too soon for another Gamma, it was the last one before the Klingon recruit event. Of course, I ignored it the last time it re-ran since they don't have Vorta or anything else even vaguely pleasant to play in Gamma recruit events, just Jem'Hadar, and will ignore any future ones until they bring out the actual Dominion as a faction instead of just Odo's Jem'Hadar expeditionary force.

Delta is nice, and hopefully they really will bring out AoY later this year, I have been wanting that one since missing it by a few days when I first started in the game.
  • qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    > @doctorstegi said:
    > Why do we have a 2nd re-run of the Delta Recruit and none so far for the Temporal Agent?

Because it will take more work to update the Temporal Recruit. Kael said it will happen this year, but would not be the first one (because Delta is already cross-faction)
    edited April 2021
    qultuq wrote: »
    Kael said it will happen this year, but would not be the first one (because Delta is already cross-faction)

It has nothing to do with cross-faction, the extra work involved is because they felt the art (and maybe the mission design too?) of the AOY stuff wasn't up to the current standards. If you notice they recently removed film grain from those missions, which is probably one of the things they wanted to change first.
    eaY7Xxu.png
    stupid question, but it says 2409 toons. can anyone link the corresponding icon for toon creation?

2409 just means normal Fed/Klink/Rom, and the Delta Recruit symbol is a purple triangle.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I have noticed that they have now added individual level requirements for reclaiming the various DR rewards on all other toons beyond the original initial level 20 requirement to claim all of them.
    avoozuul wrote: »
    I have noticed that they have now added individual level requirements for reclaiming the various DR rewards on all other toons beyond the original initial level 20 requirement to claim all of them.

Farmers were creating too many burner alts. Create, level to 20, claim all the goodies, destroy the alt. Repeat x 1,000 and grind a mountain of dil and EC.
    edited April 2021

Farmers were creating too many burner alts. Create, level to 20, claim all the goodies, destroy the alt. Repeat x 1,000 and grind a mountain of dil and EC.
    Sounds like way too much effort to get many toons to 20 especially without exp boosting weekends.

westmetals wrote: »

Yeah... on Jem'Hadar they had to add a timegate because they already start above the level requirements.

That timegate was added to them from the start though.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    It's great that they are re-running this for those that missed it.

It's even better that I don't have to do it and don't have to feel like I am missing out on anything. :lol:

It does read as if Cryptic is having this round of Delta recruiting well done for former & brand new potential Deltas. Kudos to them on that.
  • vieth1vieth1 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    Thanks Cryptic! Good to see the return of this event. I am also glad it isn't J'H...please do Temporal next! :)
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Way way way past due on a temporal recruit rerun.

I still have some delta recruits incomplete from the original run of this.
  • ulysses359#8595 ulysses359 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    I havn't done this event before. Did I miss anything important when I crate only a Fed. Toon and Skip Rom&Kling?
  • zzzspina01zzzspina01 Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    For those who did this before, is it worth it? Still not finished my KDF recruit, got burn out after I hit 65 and unlocked the multi-char traits.

yes. because they have updated the system with ew rewards. just make sure you are macked out with older rewards as some will be removed.
    eg claiming older rewards on alt toons. before they get removed.
    I cant brain I have the dumb
This discussion has been closed.