test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to create Liberated Borg character

doxie#4420 doxie Member Posts: 7 Arc User
I recently bought the lifetime pass, and am unable to make a liberated borg character. GM Zeon asked me to make a bug report thread here as a part of the resolution process.

Details:

I bought the lifetime pass last Thursday.
I downloaded the client via Steam but also have an ARC account.
Liberated borg does not show up in the species list, and I have no error messages etc.

Comments

• Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
    How are you launching STO through ARC or Steam? Have you got your accounts linked. Have you launched via ARC and tried creating a Liberated Borg
  • Options
    launching through steam. To launch via ARC I have to re-install the game which is kind of a pain. I will let it download in the background and try.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    I think you can only (could be wrong) create lib borg etc when launching through ARC @darkbladejk @wingedhussar#7584 and @rattler2 should be able to confirm this
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Nope. I launch through Steam and can make a Liberated Borg character since I got my LTS.
    Liberated Borg should be available once you have a LTS, no matter how you launch the game, be it stand alone, through ARC, or through Steam. Because we are connecting to the same server, and technically... we're using the same launcher no matter what. Its just what steps we take to get to said launcher.
    Darkblade is the resident bug hunting mod so... I'll pass the troubleshooting baton over.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    Makes no difference whether I log in via my steam installation or my arc installation.
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,004 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Nope. I launch through Steam and can make a Liberated Borg character since I got my LTS.
    Same here.
    Liberated Borg should be available once you have a LTS, no matter how you launch the game, be it stand alone, through ARC, or through Steam. Because we are connecting to the same server, and technically... we're using the same launcher no matter what. Its just what steps we take to get to said launcher.
    Multiple different launchers can be downloaded and installed (Epic, Arc, Steam) giving you the chance to launch your launcher of choice that can then be used to launch the STO launcher which can then be used to launch the game
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    airbornestrangerairbornestranger Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    I have the same problem. I bought the lifetime sub today. I can create a Romulan liberated borg, but not Fed or KDF.
  • Options
    Darkblade is the resident bug hunting mod so... I'll pass the troubleshooting baton over.

Thanks. Appreciated \\//
  • Options
    I have the same problem. I bought the lifetime sub today. I can create a Romulan liberated borg, but not Fed or KDF.

Same for me, I just checked and sure enough I can create a Romulan Borg
  • Options
    oswin13oswin13 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    doxie#4420 wrote: »

Same for me, I just checked and sure enough I can create a Romulan Borg

I have the same problem also. No Liberated Borg for either KDF or FED but I can create a Romulan Borg.

• Options
    After the small patch today this issue still persists.
  • Options
    I'm getting a little frustrated here. The only official responses I've received are "It's a bug, please report on (this forum)" and marking the ticket as solved. It's been over a week and I understand bugs can be difficult to fix or track down, but I have gotten no communication at all.

This is feeling a little like a scam. I payed for something I didn't get. How can I request a refund?
  • Options
    doxie#4420 wrote: »
    I'm getting a little frustrated here. The only official responses I've received are "It's a bug, please report on (this forum)" and marking the ticket as solved. It's been over a week and I understand bugs can be difficult to fix or track down, but I have gotten no communication at all.

This is feeling a little like a scam. I payed for something I didn't get. How can I request a refund?

This is the response I got from customer service, "It is a known issue and the developers are currently investigating. Unfortunately, Customer Service is unable to resolve the issue directly so we will need to wait for the fix to come from the development team."

• Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2021
    Be nice to see them FIX this in the next few weeks...

Hopefully one of the Volunteer CM's will pass this on.
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    I didn't see any mention of a fix in the patch notes for today's maintenance, so maybe next time. I'm still hoping they'll fix it before the delta recruit event ends.