test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Suggestions for new events

gilleylen#2528 gilleylen Member Posts: 67 Arc User
Has anyone missed an event? missed a reward or a giveaway? Say like a past promotional item! I had a lot of ships and their is A LOT of ships that are now harder to obtain except for a few events that cross like "Phoenix Account Bound Ship Token" or the new "Promotional Account Bound Ship Token" I ask this and suggest this that a new token be developed, a ZEN purchase of a single Promotional Ship Token that can be bought at a well, say 12000 ZEN, this is very expensive i know but the reason is because it lets some players who are new get straight into the game with the ship they really want the most. I would say it is a single purchase option and no transferring but about the events.. (sorry i got off topic) In those events like Risa or Q-Wonderland, instead of a new ship offer a universal Summer/Winter Token to reclaim the NEW or OLDER ships of your choice. same with other events like Anniversary and stuff.. I know you have these giveaways for account bound ships but what if that can only be the start.

each year releases a new ship and a token to claim said ship if you want or trade it for a older model. It really would help and give people the things they need
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I do like the idea of allowing purchase of a token that would let you claim a past reward that you missed. It's a good idea, the only problem I see is the Phoenix Boxes. They currently offer the missed ships and many of the items through the Phoenix Store. The intent is for this to work as a Dilithium Sink, but it's debatable rather or not this actually works.

Given the rarity of the Epic Phoenix Tokens (they are basically the most rare thing in the game) I think some players would probably pay the Zen (though 120k is too much) but I fear Cryptic would never actually go for this idea as they want to keep the Phoenix tokens valuable.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,394 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    Isn't that the point of the Mudd's Market (at least at first, because right now, it just occasionally allows items from previous promo events that aren't promo pack ships), except without having to wait for a random discount to make prices less insane?
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    Mudd's + Phoenix boxes covers this. For ships it would be a kindness if Mudd's offered phoenix epic tokens (single-character or account unlock) separately from the choice bundles. For example for 3,000 zen you could buy one single-character epic token like the ones in phoenix boxes. That's the equivalent of close to 1.5 million dil, but gives you a guaranteed token instead of just a chance.
  • Options
    paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    I saw the title and thought this was about suggesting new types of events, it turns out it was about reclaiming missed items, I guess I'll leave my idea of a Pon Farr Valentine day event, where you go to Vulcan to see it first hand and you have to compete kal-if-fee against the NPC's Betrothed as her champion similarly to the Forcas III tournament and Vulcans get extra dialogue.
  • Options
    Mudd's + Phoenix boxes covers this. For ships it would be a kindness if Mudd's offered phoenix epic tokens (single-character or account unlock) separately from the choice bundles. For example for 3,000 zen you could buy one single-character epic token like the ones in phoenix boxes. That's the equivalent of close to 1.5 million dil, but gives you a guaranteed token instead of just a chance.

Problem with Phoenix prize packs is that the epic ships unlock for a single character and are priced like high-end gamble boxes, but all you get are run-of-the-mill c-store T6 ships. They're not 'special' or anything. Many of them aren't worth a darn outside of a completionist obsession. Either the frequency of the epic tokens needs to go *WAY* up to match that of the quality of ships being offered to a single character (seriously, they're scarcely better than the 'almost free' T5 ships from Infinity boxes), or the ships need to unlock for the entire account to match c-store ship costs. This 'worst facets of both' nonsense needs to go. They're old *EVENT* ships, ffs, ships they gave away for free.

I can think of one ship, out of the entire list, that would even come close to being comparable to a promo or lockbox ship -- Bajoran Raider.

Cryptic wants us to do the events. If they price the event ships as standard C-Store for account unlocks and let you buy them at that price any time then people will just buy them instead of eventing them. Or do neither, figuring they can always buy them later on.

They need to be more expensive than C-Store to get people to do the event.

As far as being good, many/most of them are C-Store quality or better plus they are 11 console / fleet level out of the box.
  • Options
    gilleylen#2528 gilleylen Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    When i said a Promotional Token, it is a one time purchase to buy the ship you want

I know someone said that Cryptic wants people to play the events but they offer a Reputation Buyout, Event Buyout, it seems to me if they cared about giving everyone (recently the celebrated the most players ever) that they might want to give something to the growing player base. With so much new Star Trek it is getting people interested in finding the game to play

I would really welcome the ability to select past rewards and new rewards because some ships are better than the previous years, It would take someone to agree with me. Imagine if you had to restart and had nothing, not even money to buy keys, dilithium, energy credits, everything is at square 1 again, this option allows the new players to boost themselves up after a few months, get the rewards they really need - I lost my old PS4 profile and had to start all over from day 1, i had a friend gift me some T6 gift tokens but even then. It has been a struggle

Mudd and Phoenix prize boxes are handled absolutely terrible. the 4000 dilithium to unlock 1 box, 40000 for 10 boxes, that is a huge grind for everyday with 9 characters to get 20 boxes on a chance to get 1 ship, after about 30 days you might have 1 ship but look at the price, or you can buy a ZEN ship or few, Mudd's ships are as much as a legendary pack and sales are never as good as 90% off, even recently everything was 75%

Events should bring back the old ships which if you want to fly them now you will pay about 17000 ZEN to fly 1 ship, They was free and promotional so why can't they rejoin the promotional events again? Infinity Lockbox has ALL other ships in it too!!
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Given the rarity of the Epic Phoenix Tokens (they are basically the most rare thing in the game)
    They are rare??? I see flybys all the time about people winning one. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    ltminns wrote: »
    Given the rarity of the Epic Phoenix Tokens (they are basically the most rare thing in the game)
    They are rare??? I see flybys all the time about people winning one. :)

You owe me a new sarcasm detector. Mine just exploded and now my hand is bleeding pretty badly :(
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,600 Arc User

I'm a fan ot a trade in system even if it's rediculous, like 50 uncommon = 1 rare 50 rare = Vr, etc.
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2021

I'd suspect they'd likely sell them for more 7000-9000 ZEN to account Mudd sales tactics, sometimes he offers sales of 25-75% off. Though the sales above 50% may only occur 1-2x a year, and it's also (sometimes) limited to specific bundles, but not always...

Still I'd be surprised if they sold them at all.

Perhaps in future we might see a few more Events in time giving an Epic Token as the Prize perhaps, as an Alternate choice for the Experimental they've offered a few times as well. I think that be more likely myself.

Regardless whatever they do, I tend to think they try to be fair to everyone.
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
This discussion has been closed.