Options

Legendary D7 Intel Battlecruiser

2»

Comments

• Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    strathkin wrote: »
    What I would have liked to see them do is swap the ships Miracle Worker and Intel specs, make it a full MW ship with an Intel secondary, that' is an extremely powerful combination (it's one of the things that makes the Vaadwaur Juggernaut so strong) and would have helped supplement the missing hangar bays. The game has an abundance of Intel ships as it is, another full MW spec would have been nice here.

Still that comment above is very fair criticism, while also pointing out it's not too shabby either.

https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Vaadwaur_Miracle_Worker_Juggernaut

I can't say if having Intel Commander, and Miracle Worker Lt Cmdr will make a great difference or not, perhaps this was intentional however because Vaadwaur don't have Battle Cloak either! It may not be be quite the same, but it has other similar higher Hull & Shield Modifiers as the Juggernaut, and also has twice the turn rate of 12 not 6. So individuals just need to decide if they like the Ship, and consider what's offered...

*sigh*

This is clearly a good ship, even if it's not the Kelvin or Disco variant.

I just want to restate, my opinion of wanting to see the ships primary spec swapped was based on nothing by my personal preference. While there is a pretty good assortment of both full Intel and full MW ships available in the C-Store, MW seems to be generally considered the ‘most desirable,’ and being that this is a Legendary Ship and it’s expensive (by comparison) it feels like giving it the most desired spec is in order.

Again though, this is based on my own opinion. I believe the ship stats as they are now are fine.. the ship is good, it’s capable, it’s fairly flexible it’s just somewhat unremarkable outside of being ‘A D7.’ I believe it will sell either way, I would have just preferred to see the two specialization swapped, it feels to me like full MW would have helped augment the overall value of the ship. For those that just ‘want a D7’ though, it makes no difference either way.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    So the question boils down to if there are enough players turned off by the intel primary spec to make it worth it to go back and swap to MW primary.

My guess would be no, but we'll see.

Personally, I am expecting to see these things everywhere once it drops. My gut says it will sell huge despite not being the most optimal choice available. I think a lot of people were sold at 'account wide D7.'

Time will tell. :smile:
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    Well the same could be said about the Walker Class its not iconic ect...
    It was the hero ship of the first two episodes of Discovery, and played a big part during the MU arc. Its much more iconic then most ships.

In other words it is only slightly more iconic than the Nova/Rhode Island class which also featured prominently in two episodes (Equinox 1&2), has an important if short part in a third (Endgame), and is in the background of several others (Shockwave, Future Tense, and Anzati Prime).

Personally I would have preferred it had the Romulan markings, in fact the very first time that model was shown it was the Romulan version, and intel would have been perfect for that.

• Options
    doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    Why in the world has it 3 science console slots but only a lieutenant science officer seat. Two or One would have been more then enough.
    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    So the question boils down to if there are enough players turned off by the intel primary spec to make it worth it to go back and swap to MW primary.

My guess would be no, but we'll see.

Personally, I am expecting to see these things everywhere once it drops. My gut says it will sell huge despite not being the most optimal choice available. I think a lot of people were sold at 'account wide D7.'

Time will tell. :smile:

I'm one of those.. :lol:
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    It was the hero ship of the first two episodes of Discovery, and played a big part during the MU arc. Its much more iconic then most ships.

In other words it is only slightly more iconic than the Nova/Rhode Island class which also featured prominently in two episodes (Equinox 1&2), has an important if short part in a third (Endgame), and is in the background of several others (Shockwave, Future Tense, and Anzati Prime).

Personally I would have preferred it had the Romulan markings, in fact the very first time that model was shown it was the Romulan version, and intel would have been perfect for that.

It has a Romulan skin, this is the only one tht have it..
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    gaevsman wrote: »

Cool :) I must have missed that. I did not pay enough attention because it is priced so far out of my range (assuming it is priced like the other legendries so far) I guess.
  • Options
    gaevsman wrote: »

Cool :) I must have missed that. I did not pay enough attention because it is priced so far out of my range (assuming it is priced like the other legendries so far) I guess.

6000z on introductory price.. that's the only reason to but it.. not at full price, i have already 5000 zen, just need to charge 1000 more and i'm set to go.. :smiley:
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2021

Maybe in fact the very first time that model was shown it was the Romulan version, and intel would have been perfect for that.

Personally I would have preferred it had more Romulan markings, or perhaps something on the bottom... ...yet maybe it does as we really can't tell.
    Why in the world has it 3 science console slots but only a lieutenant science officer seat. Two or One would have been more then enough.

Bridge Officer Stations:
    Lieutenant Commander Tactical, Commander Engineering / Intelligence, Lieutenant Science,
    Ensign Universal, Lieutenant Commander Universal / Miracle Worker

You could choose to use the Lt. Cmdr as SCI though, still it offers various options with two Universal seats.

I would have loved it to had Miracle Worker as Primary as well, same as @seaofsorrows stated. Still I think they decided to not do that cause of Battlecloak included damage bonus.

https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Ability:_Battle_Cloak
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    [...]

I would have loved it to had Miracle Worker as Primary as well, same as @seaofsorrows stated. Still I think they decided to not do that cause of Battlecloak included damage bonus.

https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Ability:_Battle_Cloak

I'd also like full spec Miracle Worker with Intel Lt. Comm, as I would guess most people interested in a energy weapon build on the D7 would also want. As for Battle Cloak, the Qugh is full spec Miracle Worker and has Battle Cloak, so it's likely not that being the hold up. The best guess I've seen is that this D7 would end up being too close to the Inquiry Battle Cruiser if the specs were reversed. They've said on streams that they keep a list of ships they've released and try to avoid releasing ships too close in details to each other, so that seems plausible, even if it was a Fed ship from September in a different release method.
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2021
    tom61sto wrote: »
    I'd also like full spec Miracle Worker with Intel Lt. Comm, as I would guess most people interested in a energy weapon build on the D7 would also want. As for Battle Cloak, the Qugh is full spec Miracle Worker and has Battle Cloak, so it's likely not that being the hold up. The best guess I've seen is that this D7 would end up being too close to the Inquiry Battle Cruiser if the specs were reversed

I'm sure they well think out many decisions, I think had they gone full MW, it be too close to the Fleet Qugh, or Inquiry...

Many of my toons already use the Fleet Qugh, so this will give the option of something different. Still as I said I think this is a very fine ship.

It will likely do well for various reasons. :)
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    I'd also like full spec Miracle Worker with Intel Lt. Comm, as I would guess most people interested in a energy weapon build on the D7 would also want. As for Battle Cloak, the Qugh is full spec Miracle Worker and has Battle Cloak, so it's likely not that being the hold up. The best guess I've seen is that this D7 would end up being too close to the Inquiry Battle Cruiser if the specs were reversed

I'm sure they well think out many decisions, I think had they gone full MW, it be too close to the Fleet Qugh, or Inquiry...

Many of my toons already use the Fleet Qugh, so this will give the option of something different. Still as I said I think this is a very fine ship.

Yeah, probably picking up one myself, as even with Intel/MW instead of MW/Intel it still comes out better in my eyes than the Temporal/Intel version and way better than the Fleet no-spec version, and this will be an account unlock to boot.
  • Options
    edited March 2021

Yeah, probably picking up one myself, as even with Intel/MW instead of MW/Intel it still comes out better in my eyes than the Temporal/Intel version and way better than the Fleet no-spec version, and this will be an account unlock to boot.

True, given the longevity of the design Intel/MW would probably be more appropriate for the mainline D7, though Temporal/Intel version would be perfect for the Klolode variant that was seen in TAS (I wish they had an option for that in the kitbash parts for the D7) since it mounted that stasis weapon. The weapon itself could even be done as a variant of the three-node tractor/repeller that placates and holds in place or something similar rather than pushing the enemy ship and stripping shields.
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    So, are there 50% off sales on Mudd's often? Is this gonna be a one-off that appears as often as the Fed Legendary pack? Will there be another KDF Legendary pack later on?

Just having some thoughts/questions go through my head...
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    crm14916 wrote: »
    So, are there 50% off sales on Mudd's often? Is this gonna be a one-off that appears as often as the Fed Legendary pack? Will there be another KDF Legendary pack later on?

Just having some thoughts/questions go through my head...

This isn't Mudd's, that's a different grift than the Legendary Bundles. My guess is that this will be like the existing Legendary Romulan Captain Bundle and Legendary Discovery-Federation Captain Bundle, and available all the time, but only rarely at a discount. It wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to have an instant level-up token only be around part of the time.

As for more KDF Legendaries, the lack of the visuals and gear from either of the other premium D7 variants than the TOS one implies that they'll be more, but we don't how those could potentially come out, whether bundled together, bundled with another level-up token, in a pack more akin to the Mirror Galaxy-X with extra weapons and ground costumes, a bigger bundle confusingly with Fed ships(like the 11th Anniversary pack,) or some new style budget-stretching option not yet seen.
    Post edited by tom61sto on
  • Options
    warmonger360warmonger360 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    wouldn't it something if this were an april fools joke. coulda done it on 3-31, today, or 4-2 friday
    WE SURVIVE!

aut vincere aut mori pro imperio
    either to conquer or to die for the Empire
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    Thursday is normal patch day and the day many Events start and/or finish. Ship releases correspond.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User

I might've somehow missed it, but during the livestream I was hoping Kael was going to display all the ship skins but I only saw the Qo'nos One & the Romulan one. They probably skipped the others since already in-game & to save time, but sometimes part of marketing is showing-off the goods to tempt buyers.

It's a minor detail but I'll be interested in whether or not Letheans are actually part of the BOFF bundle since they were forgotten, or intentionally left out, on the official announcement.
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    Bought the bundle earlier today for my Klingon Recruit. Surprised the ship was an Account Unlock. Wasn't paying enough attention to the ad copy, I suppose. At 6k Zen, yeah, it was worth it. Not so sure about value at the 'regular' price. Glad to have my Recruit at 65 without standing at the wrong end of the grind. The extras in the bundle helped quite a bit with the ship loadout for him. On my mature KDF characters, this ship performed extremely well. Especially my KDF Tac.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    eladonwarps#6040 eladonwarps Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    > @thunderfoot#5163 said:
    > Bought the bundle earlier today for my Klingon Recruit. Surprised the ship was an Account Unlock. Wasn't paying enough attention to the ad copy, I suppose. At 6k Zen, yeah, it was worth it. Not so sure about value at the 'regular' price. Glad to have my Recruit at 65 without standing at the wrong end of the grind. The extras in the bundle helped quite a bit with the ship loadout for him. On my mature KDF characters, this ship performed extremely well. Especially my KDF Tac.

Z store ships, including Mudd's when ships are chosen, are always reclaimable across the account. Glad you're enjoying!

After reevaluating extra finances and just how much I wanted an Account-wide D7, I got the pack after all. I still have no clue what to do with the Level pack, my recruit and other KDF chars are already better geared than the pack gives. Maybe I'll bank it for a potential Delta Recruit or some other future KDF.

It is a solid ship, decent durability, good speed and punch. And I did not realize until now how much fun Surgical Strikes, Narrow Sensor Bands, and Mixed Armament Synergy are when used together! (Never had that combo of seats before.)
    Call me "El," she/her only. I love my wife and I don't care who knows it!
  • Options
    foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Bought the bundle earlier today for my Klingon Recruit. Surprised the ship was an Account Unlock. Wasn't paying enough attention to the ad copy, I suppose. At 6k Zen, yeah, it was worth it. Not so sure about value at the 'regular' price. Glad to have my Recruit at 65 without standing at the wrong end of the grind. The extras in the bundle helped quite a bit with the ship loadout for him. On my mature KDF characters, this ship performed extremely well. Especially my KDF Tac.
    > @thunderfoot#5163 said:
    > Bought the bundle earlier today for my Klingon Recruit. Surprised the ship was an Account Unlock. Wasn't paying enough attention to the ad copy, I suppose. At 6k Zen, yeah, it was worth it. Not so sure about value at the 'regular' price. Glad to have my Recruit at 65 without standing at the wrong end of the grind. The extras in the bundle helped quite a bit with the ship loadout for him. On my mature KDF characters, this ship performed extremely well. Especially my KDF Tac.

Z store ships, including Mudd's when ships are chosen, are always reclaimable across the account. Glad you're enjoying!

After reevaluating extra finances and just how much I wanted an Account-wide D7, I got the pack after all. I still have no clue what to do with the Level pack, my recruit and other KDF chars are already better geared than the pack gives. Maybe I'll bank it for a potential Delta Recruit or some other future KDF.

It is a solid ship, decent durability, good speed and punch. And I did not realize until now how much fun Surgical Strikes, Narrow Sensor Bands, and Mixed Armament Synergy are when used together! (Never had that combo of seats before.)

Good to hear upon both accounts. Persuades me that much more to perhaps bite the bullet & buy this pack even though the level boost portion I think is lacking.
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,600 Arc User
    I like it. and the classic D7 skin is awesome. I need to get my Rommie into the Raptor skin
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options

Well, this definitely looks to have come true.

Obviously, I don't have any sales data, but it looks like this pack was a huge seller for Cryptic. The day it went live, Qo'nos was packed with D7's and I have seen a good amount of them since the pack went on sale.

Love it or hate it, looks like Cryptic hit the jackpot. Overall, a good thing for the game as a whole, so well done to them.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    > @seaofsorrows said:
    > Well, this definitely looks to have come true.
    >
    > Obviously, I don't have any sales data, but it looks like this pack was a huge seller for Cryptic. The day it went live, Qo'nos was packed with D7's and I have seen a good amount of them since the pack went on sale.
    >
    > Love it or hate it, looks like Cryptic hit the jackpot. Overall, a good thing for the game as a whole, so well done to them.

I can only confirm that. Lots of D7 around. :)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
This discussion has been closed.