test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Klingon Recruit Endeavors

trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
Alright for those of us who lose track of time and are having fun you know it would be nice if I am not on the recruit that I get credit for this part without blasting some ship and then instantly having all the endeavors done for that day and on the WRONG character. So yeah when the time where it ticked over I just instantly saw the 3 bars fill and it was so depressing.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• khazlolkhazlol Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    that 10% bonus just help you fill out those random ground resistance bonuses faster. i wouldn't worry to much about it.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    Alright for those of us who lose track of time and are having fun you know it would be nice if I am not on the recruit that I get credit for this part without blasting some ship and then instantly having all the endeavors done for that day and on the WRONG character. So yeah when the time where it ticked over I just instantly saw the 3 bars fill and it was so depressing.

Well... that's the thing. Its only an objective for the Klingon Recruit, meaning you have to do them on said character to get the credit. Otherwise you could just make a recruit in any Recruitment event, then ignore it in favor of your main and basically get credit for doing nothing. It makes no sense.
    It would be like asking to get credit and rewarded for doing an STO Event by playing Final Fantasy 14 instead.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    Endeavors themselves are account-wide, why would getting one done be a problem? Its not like you have to get all of the transponder stuff done in a short period of time, I know people who still have things left to do on their AoY characters and that event hasn't been run in quite a few years.
    Endeavors themselves are account-wide, why would getting one done be a problem?

While Endeavors are account wide... the Endeavor objective is specific to the Klingon Recruit alone, which means you HAVE to actually do those endeavors on said character. The OP wants to be able to do that particular objective on any character, which kinda defeats the purpose of it being an objective for the Klingon Recruit.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Well... that's the thing. Its only an objective for the Klingon Recruit, meaning you have to do them on said character to get the credit. Otherwise you could just make a recruit in any Recruitment event, then ignore it in favor of your main and basically get credit for doing nothing. It makes no sense.
    It would be like asking to get credit and rewarded for doing an STO Event by playing Final Fantasy 14 instead.
    The thing is, forcing you to stick to one character for those milestones is what makes no sense. The whole point of the endeavour system is to do things you wouldn't do on just one character, mostly because of the different types of energy weapons needed for both ground AND space and your progress in the storyline.

So all those pieces of advice about sticking to one type of energy weapons for your character and enhance your build with that one type in mind, because otherwise you're weakening yourself and your team as the veteran players told you when they saw your question on the forums or your low DPS and rainbow beams during this TFO?

BAM, thrown out of the window! Your Klingon Recruit only exists to have their inventory filled with weapons of all energy types, in addition of "being encouraged" to ignore the game's continuity... or drain your stack of reroll tokens.
    You have an Endeavor to kill X Heralds but your character is supposed to have no idea what an Herald is and isn't even close to reach their first appearance in the story? Shame, now go play some tough TFO or skip whole chunks of the story to be able to do it. Complete X Lukari TFOs? The hell is even a Lukari? And why does the endeavor advice mention the Tzenkethi?

None of this matters, either you decide to play by the story only and by the time you reach lvl 60, you're probably just reached the Delta Quadrant and thus are left watching endeavors you shouldn't do.
    OR you go full meta, already know the story, know where to go, what to do and start working on the endeavor milestones because you know you're gonna do them for QUITE a while for the sake of full completion.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    I guess I'm in the "relax you don't need to finish it this week...or this year" camp.

But then I don't do the endeavors every day on any character. I do them when they either match something I'm doing anyway, they're quick and easy like dabo, or they're something that matches my mood.

It might take me a couple of years to finish the KDF recruitment, but what does that cost me? Meanwhile, someone else frantically grinds through everything in two months, then is lost because there's "nothing to do,"

I agree that it doesn't make sense to make a recruit's work be doable by any alt. Should every melee kill by any character count? Every cloak kill? Every TFO? No other recruitment allowed that.
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    The thing is, forcing you to stick to one character for those milestones is what makes no sense. The whole point of the endeavour system is to do things you wouldn't do on just one character, mostly because of the different types of energy weapons needed for both ground AND space and your progress in the storyline.

So all those pieces of advice about sticking to one type of energy weapons for your character and enhance your build with that one type in mind, because otherwise you're weakening yourself and your team as the veteran players told you when they saw your question on the forums or your low DPS and rainbow beams during this TFO?

BAM, thrown out of the window! Your Klingon Recruit only exists to have their inventory filled with weapons of all energy types, in addition of "being encouraged" to ignore the game's continuity... or drain your stack of reroll tokens.
    You have an Endeavor to kill X Heralds but your character is supposed to have no idea what an Herald is and isn't even close to reach their first appearance in the story? Shame, now go play some tough TFO or skip whole chunks of the story to be able to do it. Complete X Lukari TFOs? The hell is even a Lukari? And why does the endeavor advice mention the Tzenkethi?

None of this matters, either you decide to play by the story only and by the time you reach lvl 60, you're probably just reached the Delta Quadrant and thus are left watching endeavors you shouldn't do.
    OR you go full meta, already know the story, know where to go, what to do and start working on the endeavor milestones because you know you're gonna do them for QUITE a while for the sake of full completion.

No, the point of the system is to allow you to get credit on any character that you happen to be playing.

If we take your whole argument about different weapon types and forum advice to its logical conclusion, then anything that isn't the current meta is pointless to even have for endeavors, because all of the advice on the forums to adopt that meta are thrown out the window. You don't even have to keep the different weapons in your inventory, or even really in the bank for space weapons. You can have all of your different ships set up for different weapon types. By 65, even a never-subber should have enough ship slots to have one of each energy type and a kinetic one, if they wanted to. If they don't want to, the character bank has plenty of slots for holding some weapons.

Your theoretical following of the story also falls apart because if you're doing just that, you're actually in the Delta Quadrant before 50 these days, due to the moving of most of the old FE series to Available tab with a level 65 requirement. By 60, the point where you would unlock endeavors, you should at least be well into the Iconian War if you're such a dedicated follower of story. Also, you argue for metagaming about damage types, but against it for content reasons. You don't get to still have that cake that you already ate, it's long gone.

Focusing on finishing the endeavor goal on your Klingon Recruit is a decision that you made, and, as decisions often do, it has a few minor consequences.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
    anodynes wrote: »
    No, the point of the system is to allow you to get credit on any character that you happen to be playing.
    How so? Especially since the progress is for one character. If I want to complete a "Deal X damage" on a character that has Y or Z type of damage, you won't get any credit unless you switch to a character that uses X energy weapons, use a reroll token, ignore the endeavor all together or grab a full set of X weapons just to get done with it.

I do the latter, personally, because I have the inventory slots, time and lack of interest in using my KDF Recruit as a main.
    If we take your whole argument about different weapon types and forum advice to its logical conclusion, then anything that isn't the current meta is pointless to even have for endeavors, because all of the advice on the forums to adopt that meta are thrown out the window. You don't even have to keep the different weapons in your inventory, or even really in the bank for space weapons. You can have all of your different ships set up for different weapon types. By 65, even a never-subber should have enough ship slots to have one of each energy type and a kinetic one, if they wanted to.
    I may have a lot of alts but I'm not dedicated/insane/rich enough to dedicated entire builds to every specific type of energy weapons. Especially with how trays have issues remembering where you slotted all your stuff or how some traits randomly disappear when you alternate between ships.

Also, I actually don't care about the meta. Hell, on all my characters, 95% of their console slots are filled with Universal Consoles, and not a single character has any fleet gear, but I still try to choose them based on a theme.
    If they don't want to, the character bank has plenty of slots for holding some weapons.
    The issue isn't about having enough slots for the different kinds of energy weapons. You can even equip each different one on a Boff, whether they're in the away team or not. The issue is having to do this in the first place.

In most MMO, I'm pretty sure the typical player sticks to one type of gameplay for each character they create, with a couple of different builds for PvE/PvP/Raid at best, but doesn't go "today, my character will use an ice axe, tomorrow they'll use fire-spewing turrets, the day after, they'll infuse their fists with chaos energy" even without thinking the builds too hard.
    Your theoretical following of the story also falls apart because if you're doing just that, you're actually in the Delta Quadrant before 50 these days, due to the moving of most of the old FE series to Available tab with a level 65 requirement. By 60, the point where you would unlock endeavors, you should at least be well into the Iconian War if you're such a dedicated follower of story.
    You definitely aren't in the Delta Quadrant before lvl50 unless you skipped all skippable side-missions, including the TFOs ones, did 0 Doff assignments.
    Then again, I did all recruitment events from before, so maybe I just have a significant boost of XP from them.
    Also, you argue for metagaming about damage types, but against it for content reasons. You don't get to still have that cake that you already ate, it's long gone.
    I don't. Just finding expecting ONE character having builds for ALL types of damage to be ridiculous. That's one of the reasons you have alts: to try something different.
    Focusing on finishing the endeavor goal on your Klingon Recruit is a decision that you made, and, as decisions often do, it has a few minor consequences.
    Mostly because I don't want to spend an entire year or more on a single set of time-gated milestones yet again after fully completing every single recruitment event before that one. Especially after having gone through the same milestones that were very often the same, like the "reach rank 4 in X commendation(s), lvl10 in Admirality, at least one whole spec complete, 100 TFOs played", etc.
    Nothing annoys me more in a game than playing it, spotting a time-gated quest I still haven't completed yet and going "Oh right, there is still THAT one...", making as much progress I'm allowed to do that barely increases the progress bar and remembering it's still gonna be a loooooong time before it's done.
    #TASforSTO
    or grab a full set of X weapons just to get done with it.
    Why would you need a full set? I use one cheapo MK12 rep store item and get the endeavor done in less then one Defense of Starbase one playthrough.
    So do I. I usually grab 1 weapon for green endeavors, 2 for yellow ones and 3-4 for red ones unless I have summons with the needed damage.
    Except I don't bother a whole team and just stick to the mycelium-themed patrols.

But I also know how the game works and where to find that stuff and to be efficient enough, not a new player.
    #TASforSTO
    The thing is, forcing you to stick to one character for those milestones is what makes no sense. The whole point of the endeavour system is to do things you wouldn't do on just one character...

I think you missed the point...
    While I agree that the endeavors are an account wide thing, the Devs chose to assign an Endeavor Objective to Klingon Recruits. And following the model set by all the previous recruits, progress towards said objective can only be gained through playing the Recruit character.
    We couldn't get progress towards TFO Objectives for Recruit characters by playing our mains, and TFOs are accessable by all. Why are Endeavors suddenly so different from any other objective from any of the other past Recruit events? Also... if you don't want to do one particular endeavor... you are not required by law to reroll it. Hell... I haven't actually done any Endeavors on my Recruit lately because I decided to take a break for a bit.

One way I decided to address the space damage endeavors was to scout my account for any account bound weapons I could shuffle around. Had a set of Isolytic Plasma Beams I wasn't using on one so I shuffled them over to my recruit. Same with a set of Diffusive Tetryon I had gotten, along with all the associated damage consoles. Used funds from my main to get a set of Ba'ul AP for experimentation, as well as some basic Polaron weapons which were augmented by any acquired through Rep grind. Phaser was easy due to a prior acquisition of a legendary bundle, and I got a set of Zhat Vash Disruptors because I was planning on her maining disruptor and wanted to try those. Instead of messing with loadouts I got multiple ships, taking advantage of my collection accululated over the years.

I admit I'm a bit of a packrat on some things, but in this case it kinda paid off.
    edited April 2021
    Besides rep gear and any account-bound gear you'll also get a bunch of random mark XII gear as loot from those 250 TFOs.

If you have R&D at around 15 you can also craft beams or cannons at Mark II VR with 100% success, then level them up with 2-3 phoenix tokens. Get some nice PEN or OVER beams and PEN or RAPID cannons and turrets. They'll be account bound and useful to hang onto in case you want to try that energy type in the future on this character or another one.
    We couldn't get progress towards TFO Objectives for Recruit characters by playing our mains, and TFOs are accessable by all. Why are Endeavors suddenly so different from any other objective from any of the other past Recruit events?
    Because not only do endeavors impact one character's progress but their objectives are shared (poorly, BTW, in my opinion if you make X progress on one character, that progress should be kept for the whole account) between the account, unlike other objectives that can only be done by the character.
    You played a story mission on a non-KDF recruit? Well, you can always play it as soon as you want on your recruit and you don't lose anything.
    You dealt 150,000 disruptor damage on a non-recruit for an endeavor because you used the Beacon of Kahless and have deflective abilities to inflict the damage passively? Well, shame, it's now gone and you have to wait until tomorrow for another yellow endeavor for your recruit since you can't do this on your recruit anymore.
    One way I decided to address the space damage endeavors was to scout my account for any account bound weapons I could shuffle around. Had a set of Isolytic Plasma Beams I wasn't using on one so I shuffled them over to my recruit. Same with a set of Diffusive Tetryon I had gotten, along with all the associated damage consoles. Used funds from my main to get a set of Ba'ul AP for experimentation, as well as some basic Polaron weapons which were augmented by any acquired through Rep grind. Phaser was easy due to a prior acquisition of a legendary bundle, and I got a set of Zhat Vash Disruptors because I was planning on her maining disruptor and wanted to try those. Instead of messing with loadouts I got multiple ships, taking advantage of my collection accululated over the years.
    That's the point I keep trying to make because it's something not everyone can make or is aware of. Account bank, IIRC, isn't available for F2P players without some Zen. Plus, to get the stuff, you need to have played before to have the gear ready.

My whole issue is simple: they've put individual milestones for a system that is meant to be used by the whole account.
    #TASforSTO
    Console players get 1 free account bank slot. On both PC and console you can get more from trading dil for zen.

Or, skip some endeavors if you are pure F2P. It will take longer, but you don't "need" the endeavors or recruit completion to play any of the game's content.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I had my Discovery Character in a Discovery Constitution have a Loadout for each Energy Type auto swapping out Beams and Pets. My normal was Phaser but the other Energy Types were not as optimized but were good enough to complete the Endeavor in Argala or some such place.

My Klingon Recruit just swaps out three Beam Arrays manually for Space and weapons for my Character and Boffs for Ground with whatever and done.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    Neither of my two Klingon recruits are high enough yet for endeavors, but back when endeavors first came out it turned out that one my accounts did not have anyone at a high enough level to do the polaron space endeavors and the other account had no one with disruptors for them at all.

My Romulan Delta had the Romulan rep weapon set so I just picked up the Disruptor version of the set weapons to do those endeavors with and likewise I took someone on the other account with the Lukari plasma-variant set and got them the polaron version to swap when needed.

Now a have a few dedicated polaron people on that account since my faux-Vorta were close enough to endgame to get there even with the extra-casual playing I have had to do for the last year or so, but I still use the part time disruptor setup on the other since I have not had the time to do much more than the events lately.

Even with a partial weapons load those energy-specific endeavors don't take long.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    The people I do endeavors with have a different ship for different energy types. Generally if they have a Breen ship in their lineup it's the polaron build, the Khitomer destroyer will be AP, a canon Fed will be phaser and the Elachi ship (if they have it) is disruptor and a Vorgon ship will be Tetryon.

Otherwise I just pick five different ships from their lineup and load them up with different energy weapons.

My KDF recruits aren't high enough level to do endeavors, not nearly, but they'll get there.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    My whole issue is simple: they've put individual milestones for a system that is meant to be used by the whole account.

I personally respect that. However playing Devil's Advocate here... if they allow for account wide progress for one thing, how long until we get calls to open up other objectives meant for a Recruit character to be opened up account wide? It would be instant. An then what is the point of having a recruit then? They'd have to give those transpoders to everyone to track the objectives, which means that the Recruit character is just another character, and there's no point in ever rolling a Recruit in ANY Recruit event, past or future, because hey... its all going to be account wide anyways. Lets run our mains!

It may be a PITA, but it follows the formula set up by the Delta Recruits. You do the objectives on the Recruit, the account gets the benefits.

And there are ways around the account bank too. If you got a friend you can trade them some gear to trade to your Recruit, or you can send yourself multiple in game mail with 5 items each. Admittedly not ideal but... its there. And like others have said, you don't need top end gear for the damage endeavors. Even cheep white quality without damage consoles would work.
  • xorvxorv Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    Your whole account benefits from all sorts of things from these recruitment events, not sure why the Endeavor system has to be singled out as some sort of exception. I would also think that someone who's prone to "lose track of time and are having fun" while playing STO would care that much about their recruit progress or the added 5/10% points gained from the reward.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Personally, I don't really care for the Endeavor objective.. like many, I have characters of all different energy types, and I used whatever character fit that particular endeavor. I liked it because it gave all of my alts 'a job,' now my Recruit does all the endeavors.

It's kind of a bummer but by no means as dramatic as some people are making it sound. My recruit runs Disruptors, when I get a 'Deal Tetryon Damage (Space)' I grab the one lousy Tetryon Beam she has in her bank, throw it in the fore weapons of my Ship, run a Patrol and I'm done. Lets not pretend it's anything that's just so hard to do or that your entire character has to be set up for that energy type. You don't need to change anything, re-roll anything.. blah blah.. just slap one lousy weapon of that type and finish the endeavor in 5 min.

Same with ground energy type, ground weapons are cheap.. they fall like rain from the Reputation Boxes (since recruits are likely progressing reputations as well) or you can just use the Cyclical Modulation Weapons if you were around for that event. These make this endeavor academic.

I agree that I don't care for it, I think it takes the cool variety away from the endeavor system. It's a decision I am not fond of, but lets not pretend it's incredibly difficult ok? That's just silly. :lol:
    Insert witty signature line here.
This discussion has been closed.