test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rocket mission max score and achievment?!

aftulusaftulus Member Posts: 668 Arc User
Just had a guy get 450 from the rocket. It's just short of max. Has anyone gotten max score and can confirm if there is anything special for getting it?

https://imgur.com/r2QgxEl
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    There is nothing for it, as it is entirely random.
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Totally meaningless, you can get a maxxed out rocket that blows on the pad while one thats only got a hull somehow goes hundreds of feet into the air.

Part of the reason a lot of folk will simply afk the entire thing or do a token one of each part then afk, nothing you do has any impact on the end result.
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    Well I've never seen a full purple rocket blow up on the pad, so I'd say the quality of the components do matter, but the issue is that what matters a lot more is a random dice roll.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I've seen an all-purple rocket blow up on the pad. In fact, one of my all-purple rockets blew up at least once.

Most of the time, however, the all-purple ones don't blow up.

I also ran into that bug where I was cloned and had the green table and the pink table. Whatever I did on the green table also counted for the pink table. At launch Pink me came in first and green me came in second.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    echatty wrote: »
    I've seen an all-purple rocket blow up on the pad. In fact, one of my all-purple rockets blew up at least once.

I also ran into that bug where I was cloned and had the green table and the pink table. Whatever I did on the green table also counted for the pink table. At launch Pink me came in first and green me came in second.

Sounds like you have my problem, but good to know Pink (you) won eventually.
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Are you supposed to be able to afk in the rocket game? I thought it allowed it. But I afked in it and I got a 30 minute ban. I thought it had no ban just to let you afk that mission.

I'm surprised it afk banned. I did not get any parts. I'm assuming that is the cause.
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Actually, you aren't supposed to AFK the rocket game. After all, you get to have Rep, XP and progress in the First Contact Day event.
  • Options
    All they would have to do is keep the inability to get a prize if you don't get parts. The afk penalty seems a bit silly.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    strathkin wrote: »
    echatty wrote: »

Sounds like you have my problem, but good to know Pink (you) won eventually.

Thanks. I managed to get an all-purple rocket that time.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    aftulus wrote: »
    Are you supposed to be able to afk in the rocket game? I thought it allowed it. But I afked in it and I got a 30 minute ban. I thought it had no ban just to let you afk that mission.

I'm surprised it afk banned. I did not get any parts. I'm assuming that is the cause.

Considering your participation, regardless of how much you do, is largely symbolic, I don't really get why it has an AFK penalty. The outcome -- event progress and some marks -- has absolutely no connection to what you do during the TFO.

It isn't just you saying it here, but yours is the one that I'm choosing to reply to for convenience's sake. This is a massive overstatement of a few fairly small random elements in the mix. About 95% of the runs that I've done have had the results line up pretty closely to the relative quality of the parts on each rocket. There's a small degree of randomness in every flight, otherwise everybody with the exact same parts would travel the exact same distance, and there's a very small, maybe 5% chance of a critical failure, regardless of parts quality, and maybe an even smaller chance of a critical success from low-quality parts, though a claim here of someone with just a hull getting "hundreds" of whatever units (presumably meters) is something that I would take as hyperbole, having never noticed such a thing in actual hundreds of runs of this over the years.

Long story short: Your participation is the largest contributing factor to your result in this event. Does it stink to get stung by a random element? Sure, but it doesn't hurt your reward, just your ego.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
This discussion has been closed.