test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please remove the irritating dancing NPC's

haxxsaw#9362 haxxsaw Member Posts: 77 Arc User
It was cute for a minute, but now these constant dancing NPC's are nothing but annoying.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• howtorhowtor Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    You can always get rid of them by summoning your own pet.
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    howtor wrote: »

I highly doubt that if I summon a Rottweiler he would chase away the dancing Elachi of another player (but it would be awesome :P ).
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User

I highly doubt that if I summon a Rottweiler he would chase away the dancing Elachi of another player (but it would be awesome :P ).

They actually have something like that in Secret World Legends, there is a disposable "pet" that kills regular noncombat pets in social areas (sort of like the subspace party nullifier here).

they actually do I summon a cat everytime and it works
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    Cryptic likes to troll their player base with cutsie junk like this that is amusing for maybe a day or two, but then it just gets annoying AF.
  • haxxsaw#9362 haxxsaw Member Posts: 77 Arc User

I should not have to do anything.
    garaffe wrote: »
    Cryptic likes to troll their player base with cutsie junk like this that is amusing for maybe a day or two, but then it just gets annoying AF.

Yup....that is exactly my feeling.
    I am sorry but next you will complain because there are other people on your screen. I understand the space effects being to much and even all the way down to the dance ball, but now complaining about something that has zero effect on your game. just because you do not like it and you want to control what others enjoy.

Welcome to a MMORPG where every game has their own forms of "cutsie junk" not just evil Cryptic
    I am sorry but next you will complain because there are other people on your screen. I understand the space effects being to much and even all the way down to the dance ball, but now complaining about something that has zero effect on your game. just because you do not like it and you want to control what others enjoy.

Welcome to a MMORPG where every game has their own forms of "cutsie junk" not just evil Cryptic

Your trolling comment is just that. Adds nothing of substance to any conversation.
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User

Your trolling comment is just that. Adds nothing of substance to any conversation.

That person is disagreeing with you, not trolling. This topic, on the other hand, does contribute nothing, it's simply a demand that they remove something that is mostly-harmless because you don't like it.

I kind of enjoy being able to see just how many people lean on that particular crutch of an ability on a regular basis, so I would vote that we keep it as it has a "use" for me.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    Since they can spawn during missions, I think a non-disruptive "fix" would be to disable it for non-combat zones, get rid of the dancing Elachi and replace them with a Tardigrade for some heavy backup.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
    The problem with the stupid dancing Elachi is that you don't get a choice as to whether or not to summon them. They may be useful in combat maps, but not social maps. I like the set, but I hate.. HATE having dancing Elachi following me around everywhere after I use the weapon.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Yes, remove them completely. The joke is over already.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • kurtronkurtron Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    The problem with the stupid dancing Elachi is that you don't get a choice as to whether or not to summon them. They may be useful in combat maps, but not social maps. I like the set, but I hate.. HATE having dancing Elachi following me around everywhere after I use the weapon.

This exactly.
    There should be a DISABLE VISUALS with the set so those of us who don't want to spawn them don't have to. As annoying as I think they are, it's not my problem if others want to spawn them in social zones (tho I suspect the social zones'd be a lot less cluttered if people had the option of using the full set without the spawning elachi option)
    kurtron wrote: »

This exactly.
    There should be a DISABLE VISUALS with the set so those of us who don't want to spawn them don't have to. As annoying as I think they are, it's not my problem if others want to spawn them in social zones (tho I suspect the social zones'd be a lot less cluttered if people had the option of using the full set without the spawning elachi option)

I agree with this. Nothing should be forced on anyone short of specifics for missions or events. Make it optional to turn off added visuals. That way, if someone likes to have them they can keep it turned on.
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    Guys knock it off with the bickering and keep it related to the topic at hand. Debate with logic, not with phasers.

With that said, I'm all for a disable option for said Elachi. Otherwise I really don't see an issue with these guys.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
    No disables necessary, just get rid of the bloody things. There is no universe or timeline where this is a remote possibility.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    If they want to institute a way to disable on your own client side then I am all for it. But I will not be for the removal of it because I do not like it and want to force others to stop using it.

I guess I do not see the big issue with it, with one click I no longer have to view them.
  • matzdaadmatzdaad Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    Have to agree that they are VERY ANNOYING...
    I did not know they were NPC's tho, I just thought they were a couple of idiots with nothing better to do.
    MatzDaad
    Fleet: 8th Expeditionary Command
    Member since 2/15/2012

• echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    They don't bother me and are actually a little useful when they spawn in combat zones/adventure zones.

I'd support a feature that lets them be turned off client-side, but not take them away because a few hate them.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,950 Arc User
    Making them targetable might be the easiest solution.
    protoneous wrote: »
    Making them targetable might be the easiest solution.

I wouldn't mind being able to blast any and all dancing elachi I see on NRC.
  • wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    Are people annoyed by the ones spawned by other players, the ones they spawn themselves, or both.

I'm surprised they bother people so much.
    It's not a bother per se, it is stupid and unnecessary, period.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I am not sure who on the Dev team thought up the idea of the 'dancing Elachi' but I hope they don't get anymore of their ideas pushed through.

These things are beyond stupid.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • dragonturtletimmydragonturtletimmy Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Was in the voth ground battle zone and they did bring out disruptor pistols and helped by shooting voth. In combat zones they sometimes try to help you.
This discussion has been closed.