test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,215 Arc User
    Janri: *She leans over to whisper to Lythe* So is this the same guy we saw on my daughter's ship? He's dressed differently... smells a little different too. Is this another alternate universe thing?

Rax: I would recommend not relying just on mines, have a back up plan. The Krayt Dragons are pretty damn resilient.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    (Use a thermal detonator hidden in some offal - that's how Revan offed that one on Taris.)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,152 Arc User
    Nick: but I promise you it's a very important duty krystal. *He looks over at Janri, scratching his ear* and this is my first time meeting you I think. *His scent is no identifying scent but rather the absence of it, still using the same thing he tested before around one of the wolves*

Freeman: *downs his drink, seeming pretty drunk* we gotta use the jetpacks. And we can have rocket tubes. Rain down hell from above... Maybe I can land on it and Shadow of the Colossus the f**k out of it with this *he holds up the lightsaber he took from one of the sith back on zombie planet*
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,901 Arc User
    lythe: *seems to be pondering something as she sits in silence.*

jorin: ok hold on there. *he force pulls the saber out of freemans hand as a precaution.* is shadow of a colossus a saying of some sort?....
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
    edited March 2021
    Janri: Uhh do you have super hearing or something? *She looks a little confused at how he would've heard her since she was whispering. To Lythe* What are you thinking about?

Rax: I'm going to assume he means landing on it and stabbing it? That would be very dangerous for someone so inexperienced in lightsaber combat I think. I've seen force users do such things before but only master class ones.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Krystal: Uh huh...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    Nick: I guess I sorta have that hearing? *He clears his throat trying to change the subject* And yes Krystal... I want you to command my ship. I don't trust Raneson enough for it and Romani is better in Engineering. And I feel like she'll definitely be needed. I trust you with the most important things in my life. My ship, her crew, and my soon-to-be-wife. I know you're capible but this may be a bit smaller of a ship than you're used to. Its still dangerous but safer than being on an iconian ship itself.... Will you do me this honor?

Freeman: Heeey that's mine.. I wasn't gonna turn it on! Intentionally.... And Shadow of the colossus is a game where you climb big monsters and kill them. *He chuckles getting another drink*
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
    (Probably doesn't help that Raneson isn't actually here.)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Lythe: it is a thing called farseeing. I can see into the future and steer events towards the best possible outcome. *she says with her eyes remaining closed*

Jorin: I would not suggest jumping onto the back of a krayt dragon....
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
    Krystal: She's a bit smaller than the Cerberus was, but I think I can manage.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    Nick: not gonna lie.... I expected you to absolutely hate the idea. I expected you to wanna storm the ship with us? *He looks at Lythe* could you see something like that coming? *He sighs relieved* thank you krystal.

*If Lythe is seeing the future, a vision of a gernade being thrown by a strange alien with big ears and no hair, bouncing back to the group after hitting a low part of the ceiling, Nick jumping on top of it before it exploded to protect the others and bring launched to the ceiling with the force of the blast, falling back to the floor with a sickening thud and not moving, sitting there as everyone else has to move on*

Freeman: Awwwww.... Okay.... *He takes a large swig of his drink*
    Janri: Farseeing? Being able to see the future sounds interesting, I'm guessing this is like an eldar thing? Sorry if I'm distracting you from it. *She seems curious about the concept of a "future sight", though she avoids asking a lot of the questions popping into her head about it*

Rax: Not the brightest idea. We'll kill one if we have to, don't worry about it. Just don't pull any stunts because you "thought it would be cool". That's how a lot of Mandos end their careers young.
    (Well, I can already see how this is going to go - Lythe's going to tell Nick what she saw, and he's going to go 'Oh no!...anyway' and she's going to be completely confused why he has absolutely no regard for knowledge of his own death since she doesn't know he can't actually die.)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

lythe: *suddenly gasps and looks forward with an ominous expression. she shakes her head muttering something to herself.* well the future is ever changing.... i would avoid any small large eared and hairless aliens... i saw you get blown apart by grenade thrown by one of them... but that is just one of many possible futures. and yes to your questions janri, it is an eldar thing and what ever i focus on i can see the future of to an extent even possible deaths.

jorin: i know you can take a hit but id rather not see you eaten by it...
    (Doesn't help farseeing can be thrown of with.... well you'll see)

Nick: Oh you're really not gonna like stopping by DS9 then. just don't worry about what you saw. its unimportant. I know that we can do this. and i will live to see the end of this operation, i can guarantee that with 100% certainty

Freeman: Okay. We'll find another way to take one out... can i have my trophy back now? I promise its going back on my belt.
    Janri: So that's what you saw...it sounds like it was a ferengi who threw it. *she looks thoughtful* How difficult is it to change the outcomes you see?

Rax: *he nods* So with that dealt with... what places are you planning on visiting aside from Tatooine?
    lythe: hold on i just saw you die and you're acting as if it doesnt matter.... i suppose depending on how things play out it shouldnt be that hard to steer the course away from that outcome.....

jorin: well to make a lightsaber you need a crystal, focusing lense, emitter, power source, and then a covering to form the hilt its self. the krayt dragon pearl will be the focusing lense but as for the other parts those will probably be gathered as we go along but the most important part is the kyber crystal which provides the connection between you and the saber that one is the most difficult one.
    (So, wait...whatever happened to the future crowd? I don't think they ever went back, but I don't remember the last place they were either. The last clear place I recall was on Nick's shuttle.)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

(they were at the BBQ. Zach and Ezri were just vibing, Marrok wandered off. So he could literally be wherever you want him)

Nick: well... Look you'll find out eventually.

Freeman: I heard of a togruta who took the crystals from a sith, purified them and made them white.. can't I just use the one from my trophy for that?
    Janri: that's fairly... ominous. *She seems a little concerned but keeps quiet*

Rax: Purified a crystal? What are you going on about? *He scratches his head* That sounds like something for a Jedi Master to do... not someone who's basically an apprentice slash acolyte.
    Nick: nah, it's fine.

Freeman: it was someone helping the rebellion. I was told she said she wasn't a jedi.
    Lythe: find out eventualy?... I’m not letting anyone die here not while I can do something about it.

Jorin: I’m not even sure how to do that myself...
    Janri: I'm of the same mind. *she nods* Best that we do this with no casualties.

Rax: Jedi, Sith, master, Darth, I mean any very highly trained force user. It doesn't sound like something a rookie could do.

(Does this mean you want to include "bleeding" crystals?)
    Nick: well we'll try I guess.

(Eh is it really that bad?)

Freeman: I could do it one day. I dunno
    (Energy bleeding is a thing - so is color bleeding, and that's probably a mix of what goes on with Kyber crystals - not LITERAL bleeding.)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

Lythe: *sits there silently looking forward*

Jorin: the crystal of ones saber isn’t something simply found and slapped into your hilt, it is earned by fighting your own inner demons and proving yourself worthy of wielding the force. That’s why the trial of finding ones crystal is the most important. It’s the fork in the path of success and failure.
    Janri: How long until we reach DS9?

Rax: I guess that makes sense. *He looks thoughtful for a moment, contemplating something*
    (It is in Legends.)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

Nick: 10 minutes? Maybe 15. Anyone want a drink or snack?

Freeman: I had to fight my own inner demons on that planet when we stormed that star destroyer on the bloody zombie planet when I got the damn things...... oh yeah I got a second one from one I killed too. That I kept in my quarters... *He takes a swig of his drink*
    (Honestly the whole "bleeding" thing never sat right with me. It just felt... it made no sense to me.)